Overclock.net banner

[Best Buy] LG 27EA63V-P 27" IPS Monitor $299.99

7K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  d-block 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningrave101 View Post

Only 1080p but gets really good user reviews and great for someone that wants something that's non-TN and larger than 24" for 1080p gaming. Good choice if you want to use a monitor with PS4/Xbox One.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/27-ips-led-hd-monitor/7979086.p?id=1218863183326&skuId=7979086&st=%207979086&cp=1&lp=1#tabbed-customerreviews
Ever think of trying 1440p for gaming?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-2560x1440-WQHD-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/121117252582?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1c33269be6

great price great quality and can OC to 120 refresh but average is around 100.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by istudy92 View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-2560x1440-WQHD-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/121117252582?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1c33269be6

I have multiple 1440p/1600p monitors but if you're looking for a monitor for strictly 1080p gaming there's not much point in buying 1440p which requires a scaler and a lot of those eBay monitors have higher input lag. This is also a much better choice if you're going to connect a PS4 or Xbox One.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Don't be fooled people! This model is a cheap derivative version made for Black Friday.

Black Friday (27EA3V1-B):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/27-ips-led-hd-monitor/1875013.p?id=1219066386928&skuId=1875013&st=27ea31v-b&cp=1&lp=1

That's why you wont find it on LG own website or reviews beforehand.

Best Buy and other retail stores bring in derivative models of HDTV's, monitors...etc, made with cheap parts and materials so you'll believe your getting some big deal. Unfortunately you're getting what you pay for.

Not to say there's not any good deals....just make sure you know the exact model you're getting.

I'm just writing here because this Best Buy one pisses me off. Its an obvious derivative.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque View Post

Don't be fooled people! This model is a cheap derivative version made for Black Friday. That's why you wont find it on LG own website or reviews beforehand.

Best Buy and other retail stores bring in derivative models of HDTV's, monitors...etc, made with cheap parts and materials so you'll believe your getting some big deal. Unfortunately you're getting what you pay for.

Not to say there's not any good deals....just make sure you know the exact model you're getting.

I'm just writing here because this Best Buy one pisses me off. Its an obvious derivative.
This isn't the black Friday monitor. The cheap one is $189.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by istudy92 View Post

DO NOT buy these no-name Korean brand monitors. These are LG displays that fail Apple/Dell/HP/ etc. quality control so they are sold wholesale to individuals. They start these unknown companies (QNIX in this case), buy some cheap plastic chassis, throw the rejected screens in and sell them at a low price. Look at the return policy:

"All returning items for a refund must be unopened and in new condition, in their original boxes including all packing material. Shipping and Handling fee are not refundable."

If you open the box, NO RETURNS. Want to exchange or get it repaired, YOU PAY TO SHIP IT KOREA. That's at least $100 shipping charge.

Not to mention, these companies disappear really fast once they have sold all their monitors, or if they run out of cash.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsloth View Post

DO NOT buy these no-name Korean brand monitors. These are LG displays that fail Apple/Dell/HP/ etc. quality control so they are sold wholesale to individuals. They start these unknown companies (QNIX in this case), buy some cheap plastic chassis, throw the rejected screens in and sell them at a low price. Look at the return policy:

"All returning items for a refund must be unopened and in new condition, in their original boxes including all packing material. Shipping and Handling fee are not refundable."

If you open the box, NO RETURNS. Want to exchange or get it repaired, YOU PAY TO SHIP IT KOREA. That's at least $100 shipping charge.

Not to mention, these companies disappear really fast once they have sold all their monitors, or if they run out of cash.
Sure man, thousands upon thousands have already bought these monitors without any issues. I was one of the first ones to buy a Catleap 2B monitor and have been happy with it ever since.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque View Post

What are you talking about dude? I'm taking talking about the Black Friday monitor for $189

The LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor Model: 27EA31V-B
You didn't say the exact model you were talking about in your original post, why wouldn't someone think you're talking about this one?

That's why I replied how I did.

#13 ·
Quote:

Sorry to burst your bubble bud, but these monitors are quality level A - not A+ which means it may or may not have imperfections to them.
This is equivalent to saying buying a FX 8350 or 8320 you sell th e 8320 cheaper because the bin batch quality isnt perfect but it isn't bad ether it's just a throwball. But you will get almost identical performance.
Sure there may be one pixel dead , BUT have you seen a 1440p one dead pixel is undetectable unless you are searching for it with no end.

Great monitor i own one, my friend owns one. Nothing bad about them.
Those r just my two cents

#14 ·
From what I understand 8320 hasnt been shown to be binned any better or worse than the 8350. Just like the Phenom C2 or C3s vs other C2 or C3, ie 955 c3 vs 985 c3.

I love good info but Im just more confused than anything now. i'm in the market for a good monitor under 200, ideally under 150, and from what I understand the acer h226 and dell ultrasharps, like u2312hm, are far better than anything else.

and 27" or a 1440 under 200 thats decent sounds really fishy to me...

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

From what I understand 8320 hasnt been shown to be binned any better or worse than the 8350. Just like the Phenom C2 or C3s vs other C2 or C3, ie 955 c3 vs 985 c3.

I love good info but Im just more confused than anything now. i'm in the market for a good monitor under 200, ideally under 150, and from what I understand the acer h226 and dell ultrasharps, like u2312hm, are far better than anything else.

and 27" or a 1440 under 200 thats decent sounds really fishy to me...
Well the 27" 1440 p ranges from 300-400 on ebay or amazon. Korean monitors that Samsung legit sells to 3rd parties.
Nothing fishy in all honesty. Search it up =] (And the worst part about it is that its fishy at first but then it becomes MORE fishy when u find out you could get 120htz OC it) (yeah i know fishy as hell) but when you read reviews, and youtube videos, etc even on OCN forums thiers a thread "korean 1440 p monitors" showing amazing results.

#17 ·
Quote:

Step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself or others with bad advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.