Overclock.net banner

Corsair H100i Tubing mod.

14K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dankbowls247 
#1 ·
I've been curious about swapping out my H100i tubing with the tubing depicted in the link below.

http://www.jab-tech.com/primochill-tube/primoflex-pro-lrt-uv-green-tubing-7/16in.-id-x-5/8in.-od/

Basically, I'm trying to figure out the EXACT measurements of the inner diameter of the tubing used in the H100i. I know I could disassemble the unit and find out for myself, but I'd like to continue to use the H100i while I research doing this mod. I suppose I could use my stock heatsink in the meantime. Please let me know if you know the measurements as it would be of great assistance to me.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjohnson8949 View Post

I have never done it but I would say it could be done.

However I believe trying to bleed all the air out of that would be a lot more effort then its worth.
Thanks for the quick response. The bleeding is probably the only thing that I'm concerned about. When I actually begin the tubing mod, I'll be doing a very detailed write-up for the others out there who might be interested in this particular mod. I have yet to see just a plain old tubing swap for the H100i, and I'd be more than happy to provide a detailed description of the PROPER way it should be done.

Again, thanks for the quick response.
thumb.gif

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukePilot152 View Post

The wrapping idea suggested by Alex really is a lot better, especially considering the plasticiser issues with that LRT pro tubing, causing it to turn cloudy.
I was actually considering going a different route with the tubing swap and just using some UV green anti-kink tubing coils. I imagine that this will save me a considerable amount of time as I will not have to remove or take apart any of my components. I think this(link below) is what I'm going to end up with.
thumb.gif

http://www.xoxide.com/anti-kink-coils-34-green.html

#9 ·
From what I've read, the H100i uses 3/4" outer diameter tubing. I suppose if I get the half inch coil, it'll fit around the tubing more snugly as well as maybe have a tighter coil. I'd hate to install the coil and have an even somewhat loose fit around the tubing. From what I understand, using half inch coils will help me avoid this problem.

Thanks for the input, guys. I wish I had the bank (or the need) to do a custom loop for the first time. Maybe on my next build:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.