Overclock.net banner

AMD XP-M 2500+ or 2600+? and other newbie questions!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  emola 
#1 ·
Hi i'm a first time OCer thinkin about buying a mobile barton 2500+ since i heard of its greatness. I wonder why the 2600+ isnt more appreciate (anyon care to explain? o_O) and could you guys that have the 2500+ barton mobile tell me the multiplier, vcore, etc. settings you have them on just for reference
thanks very much!

oh yea and i was thinking of getting this CPU http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-401&depa=0 is that a good choice? pros? cons?
and what cooling would you guys recommend o_O thanks again!

More Questions! what are these mods i keep hearing about for motherboards? is there one for the nf7-s rev2.0? if there is can u guys help explain? much appreciated ^-^

See less See more
#2 ·
My settings...

200x12 - 2.4Ghz
1.65Vc

Volcano 12 cooling 32C idle 38C load...
See sig for RIG.

Works like a charm at these settings

#3 ·
As for the NF7 mods:

http://www.motherboardfaqs.com/content.php?content.15

The CPU you linked to would be good, but this one might be even better. Sometimes the 2600+ overclocks better, sometimes a 2500+ will, it just depends on your luck. But yes, on average I think the 2600+ overclocks higher. But the guaranteed IQYHA stepping is what is even more important. It will give you better chances for a higher overclock.

#7 ·
Click on the link I posted and there are three main mods. The volt-mod for the chipset, which there are two ways of doing. A vdimm mod. And lapping the north bridge. I dunno if it would be worth it to do any of them though. The NB is so convexed that I would recomend lapping it to almost anyone though.

#10 ·
ditto on what death suggested i have that cpu so far im at 2707 just working on colder cooling , but for the aver ocing the 2600 is good...also for mods im whating for the ocz ddr booster to come out it will get you more volts to your ram so vdimm mod might be a thing in a past nf7-s ver 2 mobo goes up to 2.9 for the memery the ddr booster will let you get up to 3.3 :aacool: and it is compatable with the nf7-s ver 2.0 mobo shawn at ocz still not sure on the price yet tho...

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SINISTER
the ddr booster will let you get up to 3.3
actually, the booster allows vdimm upto 3.9, this is possible because the boosted feeds energy off the 12v rail (not from the motherboard, so you have to plug in 2 molex connectors into the booster) but running memory above 3.4 24/7 will probably hurt your ram. 3.3 and below is good for 24/7 use

#12 ·
What memory timings u have, i have EXACT same setup as u have but it wont even start to boot with those settings.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

My settings...

200x12 - 2.4Ghz
1.65Vc

Volcano 12 cooling 32C idle 38C load...
See sig for RIG.

Works like a charm at these settings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.