Overclock.net banner

SM8 Questions / options

232 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  funfordcobra 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I currently have a corsair 900D which is a nice case and really works well for my needs however my cat decided to use the side panel as a scratching post and scratched the acrylic up. I know I can just go get a new panel for $50 plus shipping or $70 for the clear panel but that's besides the fact. Ive had the 900D since it was first release and have rebuilt my computer two times inside of it and frankly, im bored of it.

I know the SM8 is a smaller case however, My local electronics shop has an old display model of the SM8 which I can get for $250 plus tax. Initial impressions is this is a good deal I should just get it and be happy however heres my problem;

I have a 120.4 ut60 and a 120.3 ut60 that I use for the radiator. I'm sure I can do one on the top and one in front and be fine or just get a pedestal but is it possible do a taller top cover to have the fans under? so the radiator doesn't hang so low?

So basically, Is it possible to get the 39mm top cover and is it possible to get a new piece of acrylic as the one on the merlin sm8 has a scratch on it.

will a ut60 with 25mm push / pull fans be to wide for the section?

my setup will be
ASUS R5E
ax1200i
1 ut60 120.4
1 ut60 120.3
Dual d5 in series
acrylic tubing
250mm res.

is the SM8 just going to be to small for me or should I just go with the SMA8?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.