Overclock.net banner

Trouble with XFi drivers

176 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  EDVurd 
#1 ·
So I just installed the P2 PSU yesterday (overkill I know, but been meaning to upgrade and was a good price) and all has been well. I was playing a bit of CSGO this morning and things were fine, then it exited to desktop (as it has been doing on and off for some time now anyways) and my sound was gone. Okay, I figured I just need to reinstall the XFi drivers as I've done before. I have the most recent Windows 10 drivers from Creative's site. I get the infamous "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system" message when trying to install.

I know this has been discussed before but I didn't see anything too recent. I've uninstalled old drivers and onboard has always been disabled. Device manager had no missing drivers and only "High Definition Audio Device," which I believe is referring to my monitor, but I did try and update those as well just in case. Nothing. I just now reseated the card in its slot and now I have a "Multimedia Audio Controller" unknown in device manager. Okay, figured that would at least let me install the drivers now, but nope, same problem. I right clicked that in device manager to try and update and it didn't find anything.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I don't really see how it could be due to the PSU but that's the only hardware that has been changed recently, and the sound was working fine yesterday and this morning. Is it just time to ditch the card maybe? It's done me well for probably 6 or 7 years now so that wouldn't really bother me to be honest.

Thanks in advance for any help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you sure about getting the Xtreme Music driver, and did you use admin privilege?
High Definition Audio Device might be your 680, so you should be able to disable it.
Did you select your sound card as the default device?

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. Yes I'm sure about the driver, and no I didn't use admin, but the same thing happened. I didn't think about the HD audio device being my 680, but the whole thing about selecting my sound card as the default device can't be done if you can't even install the drivers. That's the problem.'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.