Overclock.net banner

[AMD] Crimson Relive 17.4.1 Released

5K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  Falkentyne 
#1 ·
Download 'ere http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 Highlights:

Support for:
For Honor™

Up to 4% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX 480 8GB series products when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.1.21
Sniper Elite™ 4

Up to 5% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX 480 8GB series products when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.1.2.2

Multi GPU profile added for DirectX® 11:
For Honor™
Sniper Elite™ 4

Nevermind those are 17.2.1 notes

#3 ·
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.1 Highlights

Support for Oculus' Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW) on Radeon R9 Fury series, Radeon R9 390 series and Radeon R9 290 series graphics products. ASW compares previously rendered frames, detects the motion between them, and extrapolates the position of scene components to create a new synthetic frame. This technology helps avoid dropped frames and can provide an overall smoother VR experience on the Oculus Rift.
Support for SteamVR Asynchronous Reprojection on Radeon RX 480 and Radeon RX 470 graphics products on Microsoft Windows 10. Asynchronous Reprojection reduces judder to provide an overall smoother and more comfortable VR experience on the HTC Vive.
Support for the following display technologies:

DP1.4 HBR3 Support
8K 60Hz dual cable support
8K 30Hz single cable support
Fixed Issues

Display flickering may be experienced on some AMD FreeSync displays when running applications in windowed borderless fullscreen.
Radeon Settings install may become stuck or unresponsive when doing a driver upgrade through Radeon Settings.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands may experience poor Multi GPU scaling on some Multi GPU enabled system configurations.
Sudden unplug of an AMD XConnect™ technology system after Radeon Software installation may cause a system hang.
Known Issues

Application profiles in Radeon Settings may fail to retain after system log off or reboot for some gaming applications.
Radeon WattMan may fail to apply settings on some Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
Radeon Settings may crash on switching Windows® user after toggling AMD CrossFire™ technology mode.
A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive

The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.

Source

#4 ·
Still no rainbow Six siege crossfire profile.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

Still no rainbow Six siege crossfire profile.
Not really a surprise, crossfire and sli are basically dead.

#6 ·
from their forum says these got done up tho....never done anything crossfire exact back when I had two HD5700 cause buddy of mine jumped the gun and said his died lol
Quote:
Crossfire profiles.

Battleforge - Updated.
ComputeMark - Updated.
3DMark11 - Updated.
3DMark NEXT - Updated.
Unigine Heaven - Updated.
Grand Theft Auto V - Updated.
Dirt Rally - Updated.
Far Cry Primal - Updated.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Updated.
The Division - Updated.
Hitman - Updated.
Total War Warhammer - Updated.
Paragon - Updated.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Updated.
Prey(2017) - Updated.
Ghost Recon Wildlands - Updated.

Resident Evil 7 - Updated. (Re-added?)
Sniper Elite 4 - Added.
Styx: Shards of Darkness - Added.
Dead Rising 4 - Updated.
What i want to know if why dont they like fix their OpenGL drivers so people can actually game better on Linux? Would nice to be able to use PCSX2 with all the OpenGL goodies they been doing to make it better on Linux as well since no one is currently working on the DX pluggins right now.

#8 ·
Yeah freesync has had those issues from the get go for some reason. No clue if GSync had same issues or currently does but you would figure one of your major selling points for monitors would be #1 priority.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviejams View Post

Seeing the game is over a year old now it seems unlikely they would bother

Should run fine off a single card anyway , not exactly taxing is it
Its not and not sure why anyone would run it in crossfire lol. I get around 60-70fps on a single r9 390 in high settings. Its a competitive shooter, people using the Ultra texture pack for that game don't seem to be getting it lol.

#13 ·
Anybody tested them with Forza Horizon 3?
The last 2 before this one had FH3 behaving weird, so had to revert to an older version.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraprime View Post

Yeah freesync has had those issues from the get go for some reason. No clue if GSync had same issues or currently does but you would figure one of your major selling points for monitors would be #1 priority.
The monitors are not AMDs. Also as a non FreeSync user I do not want them to waste time with each driver trying to fix it. G-Sync is problem free for the most part.

#17 ·
Finally I have WatMan on R7 265

#19 ·
#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Does ReLive work now?

The only function of relive that works for me is screenshots, recording does absolutely nothing at all
frown.gif
What GPU do you have? From my experience relive works well with fiji and polaris. The hawaii and tahiti aren't as refined. Also depends on your monitor res and refresh rate.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiman View Post

What GPU do you have? From my experience relive works well with fiji and polaris. The hawaii and tahiti aren't as refined. Also depends on your monitor res and refresh rate.
M5100 listed under sig.

I used to run 1080p90 but Windows 10 is such a PITA keeps reverting it to 60 cause reasons...

#23 ·
ReLive has worked for me since it's been released.

Older cards with older incarnations of VCE work less well, but I've never had it not capture.

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post

ReLive has worked for me since it's been released.

Older cards with older incarnations of VCE work less well, but I've never had it not capture.
Yeah its never captured, removing drivers and reinstalling is a huge pain as well so I dont care to try every tiny update that doesnt actually benefit me.

Ill probably just uninstall it on the next driver installation

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxair View Post

This is interesting as I had a very pronounced flicker with the previous drivers on AOC G2460PF.
Thinking it was a faulty product, sent it back to the provider.
Haven't tested with freesync off, sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraprime View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

The monitors are not AMDs. Also as a non FreeSync user I do not want them to waste time with each driver trying to fix it. G-Sync is problem free for the most part.
G-Sync has this brightness flickering too. It is caused by the Brightness Control of the monitor's LED. Most of the time you see it on loading screens when frames drop to low fps quickly and back up to the highest so the monitor's refresh rate has to drop to match it and LED brightness has to change with it, which causes the brightness flickering.

It is more apparent (more noticeable) in some monitors than others. It usually goes away when the game loads or after a few seconds. But on windowed mode it may keep happening depending on the game. Turning FreeSync/G-Sync OFF it goes away.

#26 ·
seems that 17.4.1 has borked dx11 somehow for me.
mad.gif

reverted to 17.2.1, all is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.