Overclock.net banner

Kinc sets 3mark06 world record with 2900xt

5K views 101 replies 33 participants last post by  binormalkilla 
#1 ·
Two of them in Crossfire. I saw this on TechPowerup forums:

Quote:

Only a couple of days ago Shamino succeeded in managing to reach 25.733 using a pair of GeForce 8800 Ultras but it seems that it didn't take long for his record to be broken. Kinc took first place at the ORB and now holds both the 3Dmark 05 and 06 records. The new record is 25.867 points by using two ASUS Radeon HD2900XT's running in a CrossFire configuration alongside of an Intel QX6700 overclocked to 5029MHz. The HD2900XT's and the CPU were cooled with liquid nitrogen thus making it possible to overclock the GPU's to the awesome 1140MHz core while memories ran at 960MHz. AMD/ATI's Radeon 2900 XT now holds both the first and second place in 3DMark 05, and first and third in 3DMark 06. The thing is how long will it take for someone to use Liquid Nitrogen to cool a couple of 8800 Ultras thus beating Kinc's record ?

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=35778
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2541652
Here is the link
25867 3DMarks

See less See more
#4 ·
Man they are dead
, and this proves it.

Quote:

I would what the HD 2900XTX can bring to the table.

I wonder what the 65nm version can OC on LN2 w mousepots.

LOL though, all of the bench scores are Intel now, but that may change with Barcelona...if it EVER comes out.

I hope not though, as I just bought an Intel mobo....

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinnuke
View Post

crossfire > SLI

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaRaDoX
View Post

Booya. AMD is so dead, lol

amd is dying

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja_Boy
View Post

This is coming from a man with an AMD CPU (
) and an nVidia Graphics Card (
)

Haha, it's at least semi-true though. CF seems to scale amazingly well.

edit: To the people in the techpowerup thread crying about LN2 being used... ****! You can get an LN2 dewar from ebay for like $200-300, if they wanted to bench their ultra's with LN2 then they would. Like using LN2 on the 2900's was somehow cheating or something.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh View Post
Haha, it's at least semi-true though. CF seems to scale amazingly well.

edit: To the people in the techpowerup thread crying about LN2 being used... ****! You can get an LN2 dewar from ebay for like $200-300, if they wanted to bench their ultra's with LN2 then they would. Like using LN2 on the 2900's was somehow cheating or something.

Up until now LN2 was not needed, but the Gauntlet has been thrown down.
How long do you think this record will stand

#21 ·
Well where is Kingpin when you need him the most.. Good work guys.. nice oc! And no LN2 isnt cheating its just plain hardcore overclocking.. And its clear people are filty rich when you can just throw LN2 on a brand new pair of 2900s..

This wont last long though! the record of course it will always be broken.. I can bearly get 10k and they get 25 lol i have to say them INtels must be fast but i dont have $900 bucks for one!

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime0 View Post
Well where is Kingpin when you need him the most.. Good work guys.. nice oc! And no LN2 isnt cheating its just plain hardcore overclocking.. And its clear people are filty rich when you can just throw LN2 on a brand new pair of 2900s..
Kingpin only uses Evga/Nvidia, so it will be interesting to see how he responds.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by calvin924597 View Post
Kingpin only uses Evga/Nvidia, so it will be interesting to see how he responds.
Ohh belive me he will! I bet the war is on.. I bet hes in his room right now hooking up his nice $10,000 setup

And thats the beauty of sponsership

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Up until now LN2 was not needed, but the Gauntlet has been thrown down.
How long do you think this record will stand

Oh, probably about as long as it takes one of the several top Ultra owners to drive down to the local Tool & Welding/Medical gas supply and have their dewars filled in the morning... I'm guessing about 2pm tomorrow Pacific standard time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.