Overclock.net banner

I've DONE it!

697 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  ramenmeal 
#1 ·
after almost 2 weeks. at last, i figured it out. i managed to OC my E6750 up to 3.6 GHz (will try to OC up to 4 GHz when i reached home this Sunday) and passed all prime95 tests and OCCT tests. i hope this thread will have those people who have same model of MOBO with me.

CPU Core : 1.37V
DDR : 2.00V
CPU VTT : 1.50V
NB : 1.50V
Memory Timings : 4-4-4-15

appreciate any advice and suggestion....
LL

See less See more
#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol View Post
What are your temperatures?
sad to say. 68C (load). 48C (idle).i live in Malaysia (tropics). my room temperature is about 28-33C. im gonna re-seat my heat sink (this Sunday) as advice (using artic thermal paste thingy). then i will re-post my latest reading......

shoot~

#6 ·
#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SLA9V

try not to get to 70 all the time. play a video game for an hour and check your
temps. 68 load is iffy, but you're fine. i'd suggest a beefier cooler if you wanna OC further.
..............im using thermal paste that bundled with my heat sink. any chance i can reduce up to 5-6C if im using artic thermal paste?

#9 ·
4Ghz is out of reach with Air cooling....i`ve got my E6750 watercooled and i barely got it to 4Ghz (not even stable yet)
the highest i could get it with Air cooling was 3.7Ghz and then it was idling at 40c and stressed up to 70c.

but anyways...well done and good luck

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amircesc4 View Post
..............im using thermal paste that bundled with my heat sink. any chance i can reduce up to 5-6C if im using artic thermal paste?

i've seen 3-4 drops, 5-6 if you're lucky. try it out, if anything it still helps!
i'd say next save up some money and buy a nice air cooler. watercooling is
fun and all but it's so complicated when a T.R.U.E. 120 will yield nice results :]

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho666 View Post
4Ghz is out of reach with Air cooling....i`ve got my E6750 watercooled and i barely got it to 4Ghz (not even stable yet)
the highest i could get it with Air cooling was 3.7Ghz and then it was idling at 40c and stressed up to 70c.

but anyways...well done and good luck

wow....
you know what. in Malaysia, if i wanna buy liquid cooling, its cost me about RM300-RM400. and ITS RARE ITEM. i have to order it online. im broke man. im a student....

i stay put with 3.6 GHz. hopefully, when i get my artic thermal paste and re-seat my heat sink, i can reduce my core temp up to 5C...can i?

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
i've seen 3-4 drops, 5-6 if you're lucky. try it out, if anything it still helps!
i'd say next save up some money and buy a nice air cooler. watercooling is
fun and all but it's so complicated when a T.R.U.E. 120 will yield nice results :]
sorry for my dumbness. what is T.R.U.E. 120?

#15 ·
the reseating and Thermal Paste upgrade could save you a few degrees yes.
T.R.U.E. = ThermalRight HUGE Uber cooler
lol
ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme
hope this helped out

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho666
View Post

the reseating and Thermal Paste upgrade could save you a few degrees yes.
T.R.U.E. = ThermalRight HUGE Uber cooler
lol
ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme
hope this helped out

any chance that my coolermaster mars can perform under OC...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.