Overclock.net banner

*OFFICIAL* Fallout 3 Screenshots, Benchmarks and Discussion Thread

113K views 1K replies 214 participants last post by  tyguy 
#1 ·
Fallout 3 is released on Tuesday. I will posting screenshots and benchmarks here as well. Everyone is welcome to join in as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
on tuesday? no wai!

GAME claimes its on the 31st (UK)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsis View Post

Why does this have to make an appearance in every Fallout 3 related thread? fanboy much?

#8 ·
I reserved my copy Friday at GameStop, so you'll definitely be seeing SS's from my end. My 9800GT is scheduled to get here Monday just in time...It's going to be a week full of eggs and bacon

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tolaziforname View Post
Its actually going to be on steam for all those who dont want to make a trip to the store.

Happy hunting.
I would recommend preordering it online from Circuit City. They give you a $10 gift card and a mini strategy guide. So with tax and 3 day shipping you still end up under $50...

#14 ·
I still love the E3 Trailer...trips me out every time. Epecially the beginning. My fav. parts are the guy that's in all of Bethesda's vids, and the pipboy.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsis View Post
if u got a problem with that, take it up with my buddy
Is that a threat?

Sorry, but i thought i was missing something, rofl.

#20 ·
Its pc and xbox.
Its not comparable to farcry or Crysis if you ask me. Its a totally different kind of game.
It is pretty close to Oblivion but with the fps shooting thrown in. It feels surprisingly close to oblivion to be honest.
If you are talking magazine scores etc It has been getting higher.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by laurie
View Post

Its pc and xbox.
Its not comparable to farcry or Crysis if you ask me. Its a totally different kind of game.
It is pretty close to Oblivion but with the fps shooting thrown in. It feels surprisingly close to oblivion to be honest.

I sure hope its better than far cry 2. I know its a big hit right now but im uterly dissapointed
Looks cool though

#23 ·
Yeah, it's not really comparable to Farcry 2 or Crysis. The gfx aren't going to be comparable, but it most likely has a way better story line and gameplay. I think I'm going to get mine before work tommorow. Only 26 hours away

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by laurie
View Post

Its pc and xbox.

Well Oblivion is technically a first and third person shooter (however you've got your camera set up), and you can shoot stuff in that game with your bow!

I dunno, to me, Oblivion is an rpg/fps mix sort of, which is perfectly fine to me. Ahhh 15 hours till it comes out!

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regulus
View Post

Well Oblivion is technically a first and third person shooter (however you've got your camera set up), and you can shoot stuff in that game with your bow!

I dunno, to me, Oblivion is an rpg/fps mix sort of, which is perfectly fine to me. Ahhh 15 hours till it comes out!

I agree. The shooting in farcry is not twitchy though. It might be better in the PC version but on the xbox with the stupid pad it feels quite laborious to line up shots and fire.
The vats system is very cool though.
Its more RPG than FPS still.
I love it I really do.
Just dont rush the main story!

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by laurie View Post
I agree. The shooting in farcry is not twitchy though. It might be better in the PC version but on the xbox with the stupid pad it feels quite laborious to line up shots and fire.
The vats system is very cool though.
Its more RPG than FPS still.
I love it I really do.
Just dont rush the main story!
The main story is one of the last things I do lol...I always go straight for the Thieves Guild first and foremost. The last quest is awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.