Overclock.net banner

General Team Discussion-Corwin keep those stats a rollin'

163K views 7K replies 181 participants last post by  tictoc 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
"The Royal Navy" signed up, though only one member with a passkey right now. Should see some more during the day.

#3 ·
I'm glad to see the usual trash talking going on in the team threads. The trash talking is half the fun of this competition. Love you guys!

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by repo_man
View Post

I'm glad to see the usual trash talking going on in the team threads. The trash talking is half the fun of this competition. Love you guys!

Blasted scum.

#6 ·
*looks at the daily points stats*

BBB points =

All the other guys points =

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by repo_man
View Post

*looks at the daily points stats*

Hey, daily stats you're not doing that great... and only doing so well in overall because you were first up.

#9 ·
Ok, I have bad news for all nVidia Folders in the team competition.

It seems the newer GPU servers aren't compatible with the passkey system. Basically, none of the newer GPU2 WUs and no GPU3 WU works with the passkey. That means I can't accurately track your points for the competition. I've been in touch with PG, and they say nothing will be done until the release of client v7, which is a month or two away.

So, I'm forced to have to change the rules for nVidia Folders. If nVidia Folders wish to continue taking part in the team competition, they will need to Fold on their GPU under a new Folding name. I will then use all the stats from that name for the competition, instead of using passkeys.

I understand this isn't what you expected when you joined the team, so if anyone wishes to leave, please PM your team captain, and have them PM me.

The Folders affected are:

The Misfits
WannaBeOCer
Nude_Lewd_Man
topdog5252

Explosm
Aqualoon
Baldy

Just Be Cause
Bastiaan_NL
scutzi128

The Royal Navy
wierdo124
jck
Erick Silver

Again, I'm sorry about changing the rules midway through the competition, but there wasn't any alternative.

zodac

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastiaan_NL
View Post

Thats a real pain in the ass.

That it is... but I'll be as open as I can here. I doubt we'll see any passkey update for at least 2 months. I was talking with Vijay, and he says that he wants the servers updated, but the guy that manages them is working heavily on client v7 at the moment, and that's still in closed Beta. So late October at best.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBeaz
View Post

well that blows...

Indeed, but not in the nice way...

#15 ·
Quote:

View Post

I gues I'll need a 480 asap to join the main account...

Z, can I use the passkey I had for the 460 on the new account?

No need for passkey; they don't work, so I'm just going to pull all the points from the new account. Since you'll only be Folding with the team GPU on that new account, it'll work out the same.

#16 ·
I would think that passkeys wouldn't be required - esp if there's no way to track the GPU passkeyed points...

Personally, I'm going to leave things as they are for the time being and make a decision after the FoldAThon... Have yet to decide whether to 'lose' points and stay in the sub-team, or "pull out" and let someone else in...

(I know that the last part of that can sound somewhat Lewd, but I couldn't think of anything else...maybe it is just my [dirty] mind.....??
)

EDIT:
Yeah, what Z said..

#17 ·
ye, I'm not that bright in the late hours...

Anyhow, I got a new account and will send it to Z as soon as I'm sure its working.
And I dont really need the gpu for the foldathon, as long as I submit one unit in that time its fine. I should be able to dump a single bigadv before it ends though, and if I dont I'll get a 275 or 250 at work

#18 ·
Gee Z I'm hurt that you didn't mention me. I am effected by it too lol It's just that I already started folding under a new name since we found out that my pass key wasn't working on my account. I guess I'll just go cry myself to sleep on my HUGE pillow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nude_Lewd_Man
View Post

Have yet to decide whether to 'lose' points and stay in the sub-team, or "pull out" and let someone else in...

(I know that the last part of that can sound somewhat Lewd, but I couldn't think of anything else...maybe it is just my [dirty] mind.....??
)

EDIT:
Yeah, what Z said..

You know I picked up on that from the begining and was trying not to say anything but you pointed it out. I guess its a team effort and if you pull out I'm sure that there will be at least 3 or 4 guys behind you ready to get in there

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrencendlw
View Post

Gee Z I'm hurt that you didn't mention me. I am effected by it too lol It's just that I already started folding under a new name since we found out that my pass key wasn't working on my account. I guess I'll just go cry myself to sleep on my HUGE pillow

Sorry about that.

Yes, lawrencedlw and repo_man of Team Brass Bottom Boys are also affected, though they have already changed their set ups so there is only one name on their Team GPU.

#21 ·
Quote:

View Post

dang, dirty guys...

Blackmail is what we do here... apparently.

#22 ·
When is the team folding again? I kinda need my GPU to be folding for the FAT. I get a lot of WUs in with it. I usually get around 15 GPU units in for the same single CPU unit. I take my GPU from the foldathon and I lose about 4k+/-

#23 ·
Team Folding is everyday; August is just a trial month, but I've still been getting the points daily.

No need to make a decision now; wait until the Foldathon is over then give me or your cap'n your answer.

#24 ·
My 460 is the only thing folding under the name, so nothing changes. Folding under wierdo124.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wierdo124
View Post

My 460 is the only thing folding under the name, so nothing changes. Folding under wierdo124.

Ok, that's easy then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.