Overclock.net banner

Possible to fit a 360 in the bottom of the 800d?

3K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  airdeano 
#1 ·
so i was thinking if i could fit my existing 360 in the bottom it would give me an excuse to buy a 480 for the top. My existing 360 is 15.62" tall. the power supply im looking at is just over 6" and given that the case is 24" long

here is a quick paint sketch

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...ay06/idea1.png

I know i would have to take out the hard drive cage, but i think with a short PSU and my 360 isnt that tall it might work.

thoughts?

#3 ·
thanks for the quick reply. how tall is the radiator you are using? mine was like 15.62" and the depth of your power supply? (just trying to gauge mine)

im looking to get

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-015-_-Product

which is 6.3" deep which is not bad for a good 850w. And its fully modular which makes cable management nice, and if im feeling up to sleeving the whole thing that means i dont have to crack open the power supply

#4 ·
yes it will fit heres a pic of one at the bottom I also plan to put a 480 rad at the top and a 360 at the bottom when I get some money! Just dont forget a bracket to hold up the other stuff!!!

#7 ·
yea it is cool I wonder if the XSPC RX360 will fit? BTW jmcu after I posted my post I saw yours with the 240 rad. LOL

#8 ·
Anyone got more pics? i might just do a 360 + 360 as i need my 5.25" bays and dont want to loose any for a 480.

#10 ·
Yes it will fit. I have some pics in a build log a few years back. Not on my computer or else i would link u the page. Look it up with my name. Youll find it. I had a hwl bi 360 gtx with a corsair tx850. It really depends on the lenght of your psu whether not it will fit

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjun View Post

I beg to disagree with you sir but my AX1200 fits well with a 360 rad at the bottom cage.
smile.gif

How much cutting did you have to do though? When you lay a rad vertically, you have to create flow horizontally thru the case. I'm not a fan of those setups because you have to hack the case, doors, etc.

#14 ·
There were only some minor modifications i did in my 800D.

I had to cut the front panel to extend the inlent and outlet of the radiator to the front. There's actually a 1 inch space front the front panel to the cover.

the outcome.

As you can see at the bottom left corner, I had to make another 1 inch cut to fit the rad and make it sturdy.

Right now, im still planning to put another 360 radiator on the right side. I hope it will fit with only a 1.5cm space from the psu headers to the end tanks of the rad. however, im still waiting for my fans to arrive. Its going to be another tight fit.

I also made a 1 inch cut at the metal part that supports the AX1200.
(sorry for the blurry picture.)

that's it.
biggrin.gif

At the moment, im still on the process on modding my side panel for ventilation. As well as my top panel to fit a 480 rad.

will be posting some pictures soon.

#17 ·
I am not a fan of cutting and hacking up such an expensive case just to get a rad to fit so i mounted it off the back of the case which is another option for -

7702881838_a28500137e.jpg

As you can see it is possible to mount it in the PSU area but be prepared to lose room and do some custom work.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

How much cutting did you have to do though? When you lay a rad vertically, you have to create flow horizontally thru the case. I'm not a fan of those setups because you have to hack the case, doors, etc.
Quote:

There were only some minor modifications i did in my 800D.
I had to cut the front panel to extend the inlent and outlet of the radiator to the front. There's actually a 1 inch space front the front panel to the cover.

the outcome.

As you can see at the bottom left corner, I had to make another 1 inch cut to fit the rad and make it sturdy.

Right now, im still planning to put another 360 radiator on the right side. I hope it will fit with only a 1.5cm space from the psu headers to the end tanks of the rad. however, im still waiting for my fans to arrive. Its going to be another tight fit.
I also made a 1 inch cut at the metal part that supports the AX1200.
(sorry for the blurry picture.)

that's it.
biggrin.gif

At the moment, im still on the process on modding my side panel for ventilation. As well as my top panel to fit a 480 rad.

will be posting some pictures soon.
That's what you call minor?

lachen.gif

#24 ·
Quote:

@Ttj226
That little mess of metal is used to extend the radiator to the front.
No I mean more along the lines of the stock 800D has some weird drives cages or something at the bottom of the case. So basically I am wondering what that hunk of metal is before I cut it out. If it is nothing but drive cages, then great, but if it is some secret place to hide another PSU, I might hold off on cutting it up.

#26 ·
Wow, two 360s in the bottom of an 800D is pretty awesome. So is having an entire MO-RA 3 integrated into the case. Very nice builds, guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.