Overclock.net banner

Do These Perform Good On AMD?

562 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  AMOCO 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone?

#4 ·
I thought that they have intel technology in them,thats why I was asking.Something about the G2 series on AMD.

#5 ·
No thats bogus it will perform fine.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCO;12417622
I thought that they have intel technology in them
I busted out laughing, sorry, but yes they will work fine on an AMD based system...

#9 ·
Those Microcenter SSD's have Sandforce, not Intel, controllers. They do have Intel/Micron flash memory. They should work fine in either Intel or AMD systems.

Intel does have a better reputation for storage performance in general than AMD. Their ICH chips and RST drivers are great performers from what I've seen.

I do have an AMD system and have heard different accounts of their storage performance. On the one hand, I've heard the AMD SATA driver provides better performance than the Microsoft AHCI driver, but doesn't pass along TRIM commands. On the other hand, I've heard that the AMD SATA driver has been updated to pass along TRIM commands, but the generic Microsoft AHCI driver provides better performance anyway. Perhaps someone can clear this up for me. Maybe it depends on the drive being used?

#10 ·
I have one in an AMD laptop and it works great! No issues so far!

#11 ·
#12 ·
i have adata ssd s599 64GB , and an AMD rig , when i installed it in my pc an ran some tests it can put disappointing , when i asked the customer support they told me that AMD has poor drivers concerning the AHCI driver

and they told me also it will get better results with intel rig than with amd

so i advice you to buy the ssd but NOT to get your hopes up when installing with your current rig

by the way , it is sandforce 1222

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-MARIACHY
View Post

i have adata ssd s599 64GB , and an AMD rig , when i installed it in my pc an ran some tests it can put disappointing , when i asked the customer support they told me that AMD has poor drivers concerning the AHCI driver

and they told me also it will get better results with intel rig than with amd

so i advice you to buy the ssd but NOT to get your hopes up when installing with your current rig

by the way , it is sandforce 1222

here are my benchmark results:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.