Overclock.net banner

9600 gso 768mb vs 9500gt 1mb sli??

869 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  P09 
#1 ·
Help me out guys. Have another rig running I7-750 stock with 6gb ram on gigabyte UD3R ..

Whats gonna be my best graphics option.....

9600 GSO 768mb single card
OR
9500GT 1mb in SLI ?

I have all these cards laying in their boxes for the wifes build, and she asked what one would be the best , and I was actually unsure.

She is running a 24" screen LED 1080p

#3 ·
I don't think they mad a 1mb edition of the 9500Gt
but the SLI 9500 SHOULD be better, though neither are awesome performers, don't expect huge frames or higher resolution than 1680 x 1050

#6 ·
I am replacing the GSO with my new 6970's for eyefinity, and at the same time putting together another rig. I was getting decent frame rates with this card on a 22 inch monitor.

For the specs I listed, what would be a decent card without going enthusiast? Just want a slolid performer.

#7 ·
9600gso. While the cards have roughly the same gpu and memory clocks, the 9600 has nearly 4 times the number of shader processors, giving it higher performance than even 2 9500gt's. And considering that SLI scaling for the 9xxx series wasn't linear, you're better off with the single 9600gso.

This review is a little bit aged, and I think it's comparing the older 9x00 chipset, but the results should still be indicative:
http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/ar...#axzz1EFRpqPzI

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyladouche
View Post

And considering that SLI scaling for the 9xxx series wasn't linear, you're better off with the single 9600gso.

Second this. My 8800GTs did get an average 60% improve (except in Vantage where they got 2x performance over a single one). 9600GTs were roughly that aswell.

GSO is ages faster on intensive applications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.