Overclock.net banner

BF:BC2 question on perf

537 views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  [\/]Paris 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone is running BC2 on a similar system c2d e6400 with a 8800gts 320MB, with 2GB ram.
Any performance issues?

I'm looking to get back into pc gaming a little bit, and this caught my attention.

any info would be aprpeciated.

cheers!

#3 ·
Force it into DX9 and run between low and medium settings and you should run it well enough. It really likes a quad core, along with a pretty powerful GPU mind.

#8 ·
thanks guys, i do have it OC'd to 3GHZ, but didn't stress test the oc....i know i know. it's seem to be running fine tho.
smile.gif

also even at stock, 2,13 it was idle at like 52c....i've reseated and all, so @3ghz it's idle at 56c with 1.32v - any concerns?

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoc13;12498399
thanks guys, i do have it OC'd to 3GHZ, but didn't stress test the oc....i know i know. it's seem to be running fine tho.
smile.gif

also even at stock, 2,13 it was idle at like 52c....i've reseated and all, so @3ghz it's idle at 56c with 1.32v - any concerns?
Too high temp on idle. It would be normal if its 56c on load. What cooler you have?

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoc13;12498399
smile.gif

Yeah that's fairly high for idle.

I'll tell you what though, if it isn't a stable overclock you'll know it once you start playing. BC2 is pretty good at catching unstable overclocks. Just make sure to play for a few rounds. If it doesn't blue screen or hang you're golden. At least for gaming anyway.
wink.gif

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjoc13
View Post

just using stock cooler...here is a screen shot of coretemp idle.

I figured as much. If you have $20-30 a hyper 212 cpu cooler would be a smart buy. You should run OCCT and check what the temps are under full load after a min or two. That's going to tell you if it's stable and if it's running at safe temps.

#14 ·
well, before I was playing it on a core2duo 2.2, dx9 everything on max + 2x AA. Maybe the fact that my 9800gt is slightly OCed helped but I don't really think so. Only problem would be the RAM: I had 2gb on winXP, and since win7 use more it may hurt performances. I would say everything maxed you would get around 40-50 without AA (currently have 60-70).

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by [\\/]Paris
View Post

I figured as much. If you have $20-30 a hyper 212 cpu cooler would be a smart buy. You should run OCCT and check what the temps are under full load after a min or two. That's going to tell you if it's stable and if it's running at safe temps.

Ya i don't really want to spend any $ on this since i'll be upgrading once BD is out.
But i did run OCCT for 5 min and the max temp was 65c.
Thanks for suggestions!

I think i'll try out BC2. I saw someone selling a key for 12...but missed the deal.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothrpe
View Post

You'll want to run in dx9 mode with that hardware, with low settings probably for multiplayer.

How/when/where do you choose what DX version to use. I'm using WIN 7 ultimate, and when I installed from EA games online download type I don't remember a choice. I play with ALL settings maxed, except Vsnyc, but people said that can't be DX 11 though.

My card is DX 11 capable, so I want to see what its using/whats its like.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mit Namso
View Post

How/when/where do you choose what DX version to use. I'm using WIN 7 ultimate, and when I installed from EA games online download type I don't remember a choice. I play with ALL settings maxed, except Vsnyc, but people said that can't be DX 11 though.

My card is DX 11 capable, so I want to see what its using/whats its like.

You have to go into your my documents folder and find the BC2 folder. There's a config file with a number of settings that control the graphics. One of them says "DX version" or something like that. Just type in the version # 9, 10 , or 11 next to it and save and you should be good to go unless you change the settings again ingame.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjoc13
View Post

Ya i don't really want to spend any $ on this since i'll be upgrading once BD is out.
But i did run OCCT for 5 min and the max temp was 65c.
Thanks for suggestions!

I think i'll try out BC2. I saw someone selling a key for 12...but missed the deal.

Be careful, the highest recommended temperature, as read by monitoring programs is 60C on a core2duo.

Since you'll only be doing gaming intermittently then it should be alright but don't ever try taxing the cpu at 100% for extended periods of time or you may risk permanent damage.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...c-c2d-tat.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.