Overclock.net banner

[Geek] What you should know before ditching AT&T-mobile

474 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  _GTech 
#1 ·
Quote:
You have at least a year.

There is absolutely no reason to run screaming wildly to the nearest Verizon Wireless, snatch a phone off the shelf and start dancing as though you've avoided the volcano. There's no reason to spike your iPhone to the ground and have an Evo shipped to you overnight. Don't panic. T-Mobile recently addressed the issue during a brief Q & A session.

T-Mobile USA remains an independent company. The acquisition is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months.

It stands to reason that most people are not at the end of their contracts, so at the very least if it turns out that this is a complete wash and T-Mobile or AT&T's changes are just intolerable, you've got some time. There is no need to rush, freak out, or call your provider screaming .

Your rate plan is safe, for now.
Source

This is a good read guys, it's even comical at some points.
biggrin.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killam0n;12828844
ORLY? I switched to sprint already, ATT sux.
I'm about to do the same. AT&T never gets my bill right, and the service SUCKS in rural areas.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intangible;12829000
I didn't like Sprint in Hawaii. It took 10 seconds longer to load a Pandora song. Versus 1-2 seconds on ATT.

Deal breaker. Ofc I don't have AT&T and am running around using Skype + Wifi + Google Voice on my iphone 3G w/ no phone plan.
Circumventions will be cut off in 2012 mate, they are already working on dealing with Wifi / Voip which is causing a lot of congestion in the wifi networks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.