Overclock.net banner

Need Recommendation IPS 23"-27" Gaming $350

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  kyle5281 
#1 ·
I need some recommendations for an IPS 23"-27" monitor that is good for gaming(fast enough response times). My maximum budget it $350, but i would prefer to only spend $300. The only monitor i know that someone will say something about it the Dell U2311H.

Edit: No crappy stands please.

#2 ·
I love my 2311h, I have had absolutely no motion blur with any shooters like Metro 2033, BioShock, etc. The Build and color quality just blow me away compared side by side to my tn panel. The only thing is my TN is glossy, so colors pop more, but my 2311 has much more accurate reproduction and contrast. The only thing I wish I could get rid of easily would be the excessive Anti Glare coating. Its not too bad, but its noticeable, especially next to a Glossy Panel.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle5281;13116257
I love my 2311h, I have had absolutely no motion blur with any shooters like Metro 2033, BioShock, etc. The Build and color quality just blow me away compared side by side to my tn panel. The only thing is my TN is glossy, so colors pop more, but my 2311 has much more accurate reproduction and contrast. The only thing I wish I could get rid of easily would be the excessive Anti Glare coating. Its not too bad, but its noticeable, especially next to a Glossy Panel.
From past experience, i hate glossy screens. Especially when I'm watching a video or playing a game and i see my reflection. And how could there be excessive anti-glare?

Any other IPS monitor recommendations, as well as any links to were i can get them cheap would be appreciated.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doogiehouser
View Post

Another vote for the U2311H. Amazing IPS monitor for the price. Money that you will save in buying the 2311 put it towards a good SSD for your system(If you want to spend the full $350). That's my advice.

Yes, that is a good advice.

...or wait, save some money and buy the 27 inch IPS LG E2770V for $400!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitaniumClocker
View Post

ASUS VH238H

23", 1080p, $170, LED backlight, built in speakers, sturdy design, ~1 million CR

If you want to save money... This is my recomendation

An LED backlit (which is terrible) TN panel. Something tells me this is not at all what he is looking for...

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB12345
View Post

The only issue I have with the LG is that anything 24"+ I would start looking for a 1920x1200 monitor and the LG only provides 1920x1080. If he wanted to spend $400, then looking for a refurbished/used Dell U2410 with 1920x1200 would be better in my opinion than a larger 27" monitor with less resolution.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doogiehouser
View Post

The only issue I have with the LG is that anything 24"+ I would start looking for a 1920x1200 monitor and the LG only provides 1920x1080. If he wanted to spend $400, then looking for a refurbished/used Dell U2410 with 1920x1200 would be better in my opinion than a larger 27" monitor with less resolution.

Totally disagree. The bigger screen the more need for widescreen. I can understand if people want 4:3 or 16:10 for small lap tops but for bigger screens 16:9 is definitely the way to go.

And 16:9 give you bigger Field of Vision in games / no black bars so for gaming a 16:10 screen shouldnt even be considered.

For most people 1920*1080 is more than enough for 27 inch. Especially while gaming. Higher res kills your GFX-card.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12345;13120173
Dell U2311H

only screen that can match up with it is LG E2370V but less good stand with the LG.
Thanks for the info on the stand, as i forgot to mention that a good stand is important in my decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogiehouser;13120203
Another vote for the U2311H. Amazing IPS monitor for the price. Money that you will save in buying the 2311 put it towards a good SSD for your system(If you want to spend the full $350). That's my advice.
I will likely buy a SSD later this year, so that's a good reason to get the Dell. I would like to hear from more people on how it performs while gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12345;13120242

$350 is my absolute limit, and $300 is what i would like to spend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12345;13120350
Totally disagree. The bigger screen the more need for widescreen. I can understand if people want 4:3 or 16:10 for small lap tops but for bigger screens 16:9 is definitely the way to go.

And 16:9 give you bigger Field of Vision in games / no black bars so for gaming a 16:10 screen shouldnt even be considered.

For most people 1920*1080 is more than enough for 27 inch. Especially while gaming. Higher res kills your GFX-card.
As of right now, i would have to agree with what you said.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawon72;13117936
From past experience, i hate glossy screens. Especially when I'm watching a video or playing a game and i see my reflection. And how could there be excessive anti-glare?

Any other IPS monitor recommendations, as well as any links to were i can get them cheap would be appreciated.
What I mean, is they stick so much of the stuff on that its absorbs more light than it needs to in order to provide AG. Look at the 2310 and a Non AG Monitor Side by side and you will see what I mean. Look on Logic Buy or somewhere, there is almost always a 25% coupon for dell IPS panels floating around. I got mine for 260 after Taxes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.