Posts by cdoublejj

obviously that is going to tax the PCI buss and on top of that you have latency pushing all info through the various cards and on top of that is the driver and software layer. in general any thing more than 2 of the highest Tier cards on any system tends to tank like the titanic.
yeah i was gonna say OCisn crucial at least as long as i can emulate some GC,wii or PS2 games or even boost FPS in PC games. I will keep that in mind. After all money is sort of tight and i did just OC the 240 so might as rock that for a while.
Yeah an LTS would be nice. Apple will up and dump App compatibility too. So if you are company you REALLY don't want to use apple. I actually spent a really long time doing research on the topic of BC and apple and i came across a staggering amount of of forum posts all over the internet on the topic, and it is not pretty. Lets just say there is a reason12+ year old macs can bring over $150 USD.
That is the Zosma he was talking about. Keep in mind low wattage is going to HOPEFULLY OC better and even if not it's still gonna run cooler and put less stress on the PSU and VRMs and not heat up the rest of the system as much... this is not to say it's not an option but, if read his post that's too much money to pay for the performance you get. also he just linked a Zosma for $90 bucks. i'm gonna spend $110 for 95 watt or more i might as well get a six core.... assuming...
So it is a tough decision.
also removing the plastic HDD cover will give it another place to suck more cold air, especially since hot rises. The PS3 not being actively cooled like the PC save the single fan tends to get warmer. a fellow tech and I did our test and concluded removing that HDD covers helps a small bit too.Absolutely, that's what makes it a different generation, small tweaks and modification.The whole reason I came up with that cooling mod was doing YLOD repairs, games having pushing...
...weeeeellllllll i have found the AMD Phenom II X4 905e between $72 and $84 USD... not toooooooo bad.You know your stuff and I can tell by the Athon XP reference you have been doing this at least a short long while. + Rephttp://www.ebay.com/itm/400741931112?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIThttp://www.ebay.com/itm/271540483420?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITUnfortunately the last one @ 72 bucks will be gone long before i...
That might be don't have the opportunity to test/experiment with actual Mac hardware, so i wouldn't know since i don't use fully vanilla software.
I order to the the mods i suggest it you HAVE to any ways, and yeah the way the heat sink is designed it does need to be manually cleaned and dusted.
Well that are all made the same nearly so, so i might guess they all sound similar except those clogged with dust. If you want your PS3 to run quieter over stock it LIKELY needs to not starve for air. I've done this to the X360 as well, on the 360 it halved noise and doubled air flow.Also i recommended to removing the hard driver clip on cover and standing it up vertically, also MX2 or AS5 is must, i recommend the high five method and not spreading so as to keep an...