Posts by PCCstudent

Two Cables, I am so into improving cabling. You mention 22 AWG but Logitech (cough) is using 34 AWG for their equipment. I would like to find that Monster Cable you link but with a black cover. I ask if you know a distributor of 2 conductor 18 AWG with a black sheath? I have looked till my vision is blurry and I have come up with some 500-1000ft min orders. 50-100 ft would be fine. EDIT: I just saw that Audio2000 add for 16 AWG with a black sheath,this is fine. 1.00 a...
Well so what is my point, a couple of things. There is becoming less need for water cooling with advancements in air cooling. Very hard to get even the meager return seen on other hobbyist gear when the product is used watercooling gear. It was a neat hobby for a while but the question about what is better air or water has really slid towards air when initial costs, resale value and if there is a need is taken into account.This change is something that should be expected...
Hello bosanci. My suggestion is for you to take some hours and read a few articles about the inner workings of the streaming music industry, with an eye to helping you pick out just what is perfect. I read several articles a night and I am still at a point where I want (1) a system based on a new motherboard DAC (2)an HDMI,Blu-tooth rig,maybe with television, (3)a USB DAC with separate amp and speakers on ear level stands (4) a TOSLINK DAC with powered speakers and a...
I do not know what is lost from the original HDMI signal when it is altered so as it can be presented on a 3.5mm audio jack. It would be great having a Blu-ray player in the computer,play blu-ray quality audio CD's (not sure how big the library is) then using the HDMI output for an HDMI receiver (but you are going with the Klipsch with an amp in it)
It has always been a bit of a problem concerning how to power the sub. You can get a sub with an amp in it or use a speaker level sub and go parallel off you speaker outputs to run your sub. One main goal is to present your drivers only the frequencies they are designed to produce best. This is done with either active or passive filtering. I noticed a car amp I had (Fosgate P4002) had what is known as "pass through" outputs,it also has the ability to send select...
I was looking at some new prices on W/C gear and I was pretty much set back by how the prices asked for radiators has really fallen. Hard to sell your used stuff when new is so close in price. I know this is a hobby that really does not return momentarily what you put in but what I saw was pretty extreme. On a side note I ask if all interest in 480 radiators (4x120 fan size) has evaporated? Falling W/C gear prices combined with stellar performance from choice air cooled...
My feeling,general downsizing of the desktop PC combined with the application of manufacturing methods that allows much better performance from select (ASUS and GigaByte) motherboards. Could the strategy have been to pull out of sound cards but emphasize better onboard audio?
Ah the features in a DAC,makes the head spin. You have wall wart or internal power supply (people sometimes plug a DAC into their Iphone type device and listen with headphones, they want portability). Then the inputs to the DAC (mainly the 3.5mm to dual RCA's,HDMI,USB,Optical TOSLINK). Then your DAC outputs. Some have a dedicated 3.5 jack (this allows that Klipsch to plug right in with out a cable adapter). Most have RCA outputs. I looked hard at pictures of that Klipsch...
Well,people really like that HK 395 system but I would like to move you off that onboard audio DAC (DAC means digital to analog converter, as the audio signal needs to be changed into an analog signal for amplification. There are many,many DAC's out there. I would like to move you into a system were were discussing today as the system to compare all 2.1 systems against. That system would be the Klipsch 2.1 ( two satellites and a sub). The Klipsch 2.1 goes for 138.00 new...
Many think about this same question. Here is my 2 cents. You do not describe the room,is it audio friendly and could you be better served by a 2.1 system? You do not clearly state your motherboard but I bet it is safe to conclude you do not have one of the newer boards from GigaByte or ASUS that have the much improved onboard DAC circuitry. So, to me this means a discrete DAC (do not get worried). You do not say if your 5.1 speakers are powered or not (do they have their...