Posts by PCCstudent

Hello all, I ask since Microsoft Flight Simulator X with acceleration pack is heavily dependant on cpu Mghz (speed) and primarily uses the first core of the cpu would selecting the Anniversary Edition Pentium cpu and appropriate motherboard work out? I have read if you move on to the company that took over Flight Simulator (Lockheed Martin) and want to use their upgraded flight simulator and the Prepar3D program the usefulness for a 4 core or better at 3.0+ is suggested...
Hello Wizard, thanks. The last time I checked the NVIDIA site was perhaps 3 weeks ago and I say it was not there. I went again as soon as I read your response and sure enough there it is. I am so reluctant to download off all these other driver sites, I am glad it is on the NVIDIA site. Hey I am using the card on my Adobe CS3 machine, any advantage to selecting any particular driver option over another?
Looking for a safe place I can get a driver for my old NVIDIA QUADRO FX 3800. I can find listings for it (looked at the NVIDIA site, no go). I am willing to pay for the driver as long as "undesirable things" do not come with the download. Getting harder to find drivers for these older,some what specialized cards. Then it is a bit of a crapshoot with the download. So, any directions for safely getting a driver for this card? The days of easily finding drivers are fading...
Hello RD20. When I get "stuck" like this I start to make changes, one thing at a time and check if my problem has gotten better or worse. This is called "Strategy Based Diagnostics". Even if you can't get your hands on a router you would keep forever try and borrow one you can install to see what if any changes occur.
Hello Coach,thanks. What got my attention was the vast number of other people reporting the same exact 65mbps figure. I found it so coincidental, almost beyond belief that so many were making either the same error or somehow coming up with the same result, you did notice the number of people asking about this 65mbps figure? Then there is that little snippet I posted from a tech question and answer site. That guy was certain it was a Win 7 thing. Just checked my android...
Helo Aida, You can get a Untangle box or a PFsense box on that network and get some good facts. One fact,average home is using right at 12gb (OK this figure will move around). I have never installed an Untangle box on a network that uses wide area Wi-Fi, you might have to hit up the Untangle forum to get some hints. They are super easy to install on broadband cable or a vdsl networks.
While downloading Win 10 wirelessly (I do not feel this is a Win 10 question) I checked "networking" through task manager and found my data rate transfer speed was 65mbps. Now I knew I had all "n" capable gear (theoretically capable of 300mbps) so I started a google search to find out what was going on. What I found were dozens of posts from different people of different technical levels all reporting their max data transfer rates was 65mbps. No one really had an answer....
Hello Giga, well I just may get on the phone then. As I mentioned I am a Win 10 "fan" it is just I do not want to jeopardize my activation. As most of us here also have I have gotten on the phone many times with Microsoft for previous OSes, I certainly can do it again. I wonder if there will be any justification at all with Win 10 as there was with Win 7 to periodically do a fresh install.
Thanks Ciga.Bill. If I was going to continue on that is exactly the way I would do it. One question. Are MSDNAA copies considered volume licenses? Edit: It seems it is going to be more difficult for those that like to do every 6 month OS reloads with Win 10.
Hello overclock.net folders. I ask something that used to be simple. The question is, how much (considering you purchase in our marketplace) to "get back in the game". I feel I can afford to fold on one gpu. My contribution will only be moderate. I still have my watercooling gear (except the block for the gpu). So how about some numbers as to getting a guy back into the fold. It used to be so easy when you could fold on just any old thing but a guy can't live in the past....