Posts by PCCstudent

Hello Bill, yes Spotify is high on my list of providers I can download from and burn (making people personal CD's is such a nice gift,or so I think) I did read about one provider with a 1,441 bit rate,let me find the name. +rep fro mentioning Spotify I think I have settled on the "Big Ego" DAC from Emotiva http://emotiva.com/products/dacs/dacs/big-ego
I usually can find all my own gear but this one is a bit tricky. I am going to leave my bedroom system mono (normal non-master bedroom size) so I seek a non-powered,wired speaker recommendation. I am thinking of a two-way round or oval 4-8 ohms and between 4" and 5.5, price not above 80.00. I will use a box I bought that contained some really bad speakers (I will work the box over) and I am thinking hard about some kind of stand. Any ideas for a bedroom mono speaker...
A couple of places where these 2.1 systems all seem to suffer is in the cabling between the satellites and the sub and the almost total non-serviceability of the amp (that is in the sub box). I went on ebay and there is a amp and power supply offered for 60.00. This one does look miles ahead of the Logitech X-230. The Logitech suffers terribly in the quality of the 9 pin D connector wiring (some wires are 34ga,impossible to work with). When I mentioned some wiring to do on...
Here is cheap (passive speakers,not headphones). Use the motherboard DAC. Find an amp at a yard sale (I bought a Fischer 39a for 20.00). Then I modified some satellite speakers (Logitech x-230s, they were 7.00 each off ebay). Most expensive is a speaker lever sub. Going with a speaker level sub (this means you are going parallel off you outputs to your other speakers. It is a cheaper way to get 3 channels off of a system originally intended for 2 channels.The bookshelf...
Thanks ixsis,here goes the hookup +rep
Hello. Watch out for the computer audio bug it is just as strong as the folding bug. I am playing around with the variable options. One option I am using is with my source the onboard DAC (this will change) I am using a "gift" Fosgate P4002 amp (dry battery power supply). All works fine but until my center speaker unit comes I want to use some very cheap bookshelf speakers. The issue is they are 6 ohm and I do not see it expressly allowed to use 6 ohm speakers, any...
Thanks Bruce, I will look at receivers. This does seem to be a good answer. I am still going to try and work with discrete components as there is not much that replaces actual hands on experience with a product, even more so with something so subjective as audio performance/quality. +rep Oh are the newer motherboards with the isolated audio circuitry and opamp capability (Gigabyte products) anything of interest?
You are going to have to do some "known good part substitution" to get to the bottom of this. Sure you can run your rig with minimal devices hooked up and certainly run the memtest (I would even go so far as spending an afternoon experimenting with different RAM configurations). You can make note if all power supply values are within spec. With this rig having passed the initial build fault period I think the chance is low that this is a build error. One last thing. I have...
I am looking for a DAC for use with my computer. I see we have a thread dedicated to this type of search. I want to use a audio power amp with bookshelf type speakers as headphones tend to give me a headache and at times I just want some background noise. The problem I am having selecting a DAC is many times it is not clearly stated if the DAC is for use with headphones or headphones and a power amp. Is it more than the manufacture simply providing the correct outputs for...
Hello all, I ask since Microsoft Flight Simulator X with acceleration pack is heavily dependant on cpu Mghz (speed) and primarily uses the first core of the cpu would selecting the Anniversary Edition Pentium cpu and appropriate motherboard work out? I have read if you move on to the company that took over Flight Simulator (Lockheed Martin) and want to use their upgraded flight simulator and the Prepar3D program the usefulness for a 4 core or better at 3.0+ is suggested...