Posts by PCCstudent

I ask if we have onsite some build logs (with pictures) of someone installing a reservoir/pump combo (5.25) and actually mounting the radiator where Cooler Master actually engineered it to be placed, on the HAF932? For once I want to do a build like the manufactured intended, not how I think is better. There are quite a few pump/reservoir combos out there (some approaching 200.00) and I want to get this right. After I put this thing all together I use it for a bit (of...
Thanks lexer. I think I pick this up (will not be my only DAC) + rep
I see the Asus Xonar STX advertised as a DAC/headphone amp. I looked over many spec sheets and no one comes out and says explicitly if it is also OK for the line level input for an audio amp (via the RCA outputs). One spec is 2v peak to peak output and this would be outstanding for an audio amp input. What do you say, is this sound card also good for the analog input to an audio amp or is it for headphone use only (I am betting it is good for amps also). Thanks
I ask if you actually opened up the cooling fan, there can be lots of material inside affecting airflow and dirt. I was all set to mod my Sony Vaio SR590 as it was way too hot (reached 91C). Turns out it was "services" running under win 10 causing high cpu load. Should a laptop be able to run 75-100% cpu load and not get hot? We do not expect our desktop machines to run cool unmodded under that situation.
Connection placement for the LCD is one item you want the same on replacement LCD. It is very easy to get the wrong LCD and if it is a Hong Kong seller the wait can be long. Just replaced my Sony Vaio LCD and I made sure connection was the same even if part number matched. 30 days shipping time from Hong Kong.
Hello Bruce. I will try the link provided. Just for information's sake I used a different hdd and loaded Win 7. My temps are fantastically low (not above 38C idle, 52c loaded). My conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with my laptop's air intake design, fan, thermal grease, any kind of dirt problem. This problem is pure and simple a win 10 problem. Now I must decide on if I want to troubleshoot win 10 (I like to figure out problems) or move on and simply use win 7....
I like to purchase Sony Vaio "inop or for parts" laptops off of Ebay. I have come out ahead 3 times. I find a model that meets my financial parameters then look up the specs. I only purchase models that I can 1). find parts for 2) accept 4Gb memory minimum 3) I like units where I can upgrade the cpu. Some parts are pretty cheap (like cpus and memory. LCD's are expensive ( 80-110 dollars). The problem I am having is finding the specs and upgrade possibilities for the unit I...
Hello Bruce. Resource manager took me to servhost.exe. Expanding servhost took me to wuauserv (48% of the load). Researched this and I am told "your system is updating,give it some time" This is an OK answer, something I did not expect. Let's see. +Rep EDIT: as we see Windows Update is part of the group I initially identified. EDIT 2: Well it is not updates. One odd thing. Even 50% cpu usage should not send temps this high, with all the extras I have done to reduce...
50% cpu load on my Sony Vaio SR 590 Laptop, it runs hot (62C, clean fan and on a support device with a fan, thermal paste replaced, will get to 81C 9600 core duo at 2.8Ghz, runs cooler on battery alone as clock speed is reduced). I am using Win 10 (it came that way). Task Manager check indicates it is all services. I list them. Application Information Background Intelligent Transfer Computer Browser Delivery Optimization Device Setup Manager Geolocation Service Internet...
Thanks Ericeod. I am so tempered to dip in my piggy bank and get this 24Gb of memory, even more so with your report. I have read a few reports that say the P6X58D-premium is problematic with 24gb installed and max speed is 1333 with 24Gb installed. I will stick with my 12gb tripple channel idea. The 6gb Corsair memory (3x2) in my sig rig works every time. About this particular board. Some say it (well all) x58 boards are overly complicated and not as reliable as they could...