Posts by PCCstudent

Hello Dopamin, Thanks. Yes I can simply use up another dongle or wireless card and solve the issue that way. I take it "sharing" is looked at as a kind of "make do" connection and not really a prefered way to operate?. +Rep
OK another "how to share" question. Basically everything works but here is the problem. My desktop is connected wirelessly. It has had a couple of different wireless dongles installed over time. Now it has a Belkin dongle installed (named wireless connection 10). I go into sharing under "change adapter settings" and the only choice given to share is "wireless network adapter 8" and I am not using wireless adapter 8, I want to share wireless adapter 10 but that choice is...
Putting together a new build. I am using a full size Cooler Master case that I bought in 2014 and never used, still looks brand new. Cooler Master has a nice rack for hdd's but it looks like it will be a bit tight for the hdd cable that comes off the power supply (the large flat one). I ask who has the most flexible modular power supply cables? I am going to stick with 650W-750W. Of course nice cables are not my major selection concern (good no noise DC power and a...
Thanks dlew. I will go look that up. +rep
I just had to pick up this laptop off of ebay (all of 26.00 delivered). It had a half display issue (vertical lines) I found the pressure point to restore correct function so now all is well (2.8Ghz dual core,4gb RAM, can take 8,100+GB SSD and Win 10). My question. There is a port on the back just below the battery, the cover is missing. I looked on the net for an answer,none found quickly (manual download for 10.00). I ask if anyone knows what this port is for. I post a...
As the title states my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G got tangled in some blankets and hit the floor, now no display. I see no damage at all. I do notice that the 3 lights indicating numb lock,caps lock, scroll lock are all constantly illuminated, it appears that there is no function at all from keyboard inputs. The device sounds like it is going through the boot process, no error code beeps. Charging indicator light works as intended. LCD is not cracked or visibly damaged. RAM...
The situation is. We are told by the promoters of discrete DAC's that everybody is and will suffer from audio distortion caused by influences from other sections of the motherboard. It is not "you may", or you could" it is "you will". Consequently some motherboard manufactures have gone to lengths including a lit "wall" and a separate trace separating the audio circuitry from non audio related circuitry. The point is,so much effort to fix a problem only a select few can...
Two Cables,one of my Logitech system mods is simply making it so the satellites can be disconnected. Simple mod. I make some RCA,some 3.5mm. Pair of the satellites in the Klipsch 2.1 on Ebay for 30.00+10.00 shipping. I would like to do the comparison and I see these are the 3.5mm jack model. I am working most with Logitech systems. Hey people are satisfied with them. EDT: That is if their sub is working.
Cable upgrades and non audiophile systems. The cabling on these less expensive systems is the most frequent reason that they have been presented to me for repair. A little time and some cable/connectors and I put people that are making do with what satisfies them back in business. It is not that the people complain about the quality, it is they present inop systems. This 34 AWG wiring breaks so easy (your cat can do a number on them easily). Hey a lot of people are buying...
Hey, I am viewing Netflix so I concluded Silverlight is installed. One thing that concerns me is the link for the correct plug in according to Trainsignal goes to an error404 site and the phone number on the DVD does not work. Edit; My thought is, how could or what could (if anything) Trainsignal have changed things so a DVD does not play anymore? In my mind this is impossible, it has to be something I am missing on all my rigs. 2nd edit: OK, so I installed the TechSmith...