Posts by Kramy

A slimmer fan would have more airflow, but I suspect a dremel would be the best bet if you want airflow.I can feel with my finger that there is a tiny amount of airflow moving behind the motherboard tray, but it isn't much. My HDD bays are full, so it could be that the air is slipping between and around them. (Near the side panels.)
You could probably rig something up on a Fractal Define R5. There's plenty of space behind the motherboard tray for a full size fan, SSDs, cable management, etc.I have no idea how much difference it makes to temps. I'm tempted to find out, though. (I have that case.)Look up some reviews with photos to see if it'd work.
Last time it was between them at a higher clockspeed. Now it's between them at a lower clockspeed. That's worth consideration.It's those graphics cards. I had two R9 290X's litecoin mining for a while. They were pulling about 600-650 watts on the +12v rails according to my Kill-A-Watt. Add in potentially another 200w for the CPU, and you have no hope of running it on even an 850w PSU.
Hey! Don't insult my measly overclock! (It appears to be yours too. )Good article / comparison.
OCCT lines up with SpeedFan, so I'll opt for believing the higher number. Thanks.
Quick question - is it normal for Speccy and SpeedFan to have such different temperatures? If the lower one is correct, I probably have a lot more overclocking headroom than I think. Right now Speccy is at 29C and SpeedFan is at 45C.
Sorry for the thread necro, but I just went through this adventure myself:http://www.overclock.net/t/1607930/trying-to-overclock-my-ram-advice-fx-8350-w-4-dimms-32gb/0_100I got it stable with 4 DIMMs (32GB - 4x8GB) at 1866mhz CL10-11-10-28 1T 1.5vFX-8350 is running 4.6ghz at 1.425v, High LLC, 100% current.I'm running it on a Sabertooth 990FX. If you check my thread, you'll see some good info from other posters. Someone pointed out that UD3 boards have a lot of trouble with...
I can't seem to get it very stable past ~1920mhz without slamming voltage through it. My CPU also requires a lot more volts to go from 4.6 to 4.7ghz, so I've hit a bit of a wall getting stable in the 4.6-4.8ghz range. I can play with the FSB to push it closer, but then my CPU speed gets too high and my volts/temps get out of control when loading all cores. (Which I do very frequently!) I'll probably just run it 4.6ghz 4x8GB 1866mhz CL10-11-10-28 1T for daily use - I can't...
That's just a work around. The two solutions are:1) Make it so you can add more than 8 without gobbling prior ones.2) Remove the add button once you have 8.Anything else leaves it open to corrupting data and confusing people in the future. If the limit is 8, and there is no add button, then the logical solution would be to combine lines. I'm not always bright, but I would've thought of that if it told me there were no more slots available. Technically what you propose...
Auto doesn't fire up right at 2133mhz. It POSTs, but crashes when loading Windows.Err - are you sure about that 14.8? When I do the math on tRCD, it comes to 12.58.I'll try manual settings once again, to see if it starts up with it set higher, but I think I did the math correct/conservative?I have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX, which seems to be one of the better boards for RAM overclocking, according to those charts. That's good. I was aware that weaker boards could be...