Posts by willibj

GTA V, Civilization V and VI, Assassin's Creed (latest 2 at least), The Witcher 3 ... plus because of Frostbyte it's reasonable to assume Mass Effect Andromeda will too.Do we count Ashes of the Singularity? Does anyone actually play it, or just bench on it?
I've done a little internet snooping and digging, and have found a thread of evidence running through forum profiles, a Facebook profile, and a certain hardware review site tester currently leaking bits of RyZen information which suggests that RyzenChrist is, in actual fact, all of these sources, as one person.It's a hunch, and I'm going to approach him with it privately, for his privacy's sake, but I'm inclined to believe him.The amount of work required to build this back...
Subbed. Should be interesting to see what comes up in here.
Yes, and I want to believe you. My heart is basically set on an SR5 1600X or SR7 1700X and I'm thinking 4.5ghz as a baseline on a Cryorig R1 Universal which is easy Nh-D15 level. I'm really hoping for 4.7 to 4.8ghz with enough cool air, good thermal paste, stable voltage and a little luck.But we all know when the NDA lifts and I have zero reason to trust that you have any insider knowledge at all. Ugh ... I'm not *****ing at you, just at the frustration of the wait lol.
This is certainly nice to consider, and slightly higher than my educated guesstimates were at. I was thinking about that for the 6core and about 200mhz lower for the 8 cores, on average .Do we have anything to validate these numbers with? Any leaks, or comments from insiders etc??
CPU: RyZen 1600x or 1700x depending on overclockability Cooler: Cryorig R1 Universal (black and white) Motherboard: Asus Prime X370 Pro or Gigabyte X370 Gaming K5 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3200mhz (white) GPU: 8gb Asus Strix GTX1070 SSD O/S: 256gb Samsung PM961 (w/ full cover black/silver heatsink) SSD Games: 525gb Crucial MX300 (custom sticker) HDD Storage: 3tb Seagate Barracuda (hidden) PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650watt with white sleeved extensions Case: NZXT...
Okay, so I wholly admit that despite searching, I cannot for the life of me find the source which was used in the last discussion I had on this point which featured an official (looking) slide from Intel showing Skylake-X to be essentially a Haswell-E dieshrink (and even used words to that effect from memory). So I'll have to concede my inability to prove the premise.An 8% increase on Broadwell-E plus the assumed ability to overclock higher given 14nm should prove...
Well that's understating it somewhat, don't you think?Ryzen looks to be about 8% slower than Skylake/Kabylake in IPC. And the lower price is significantly lower - a 4c/8t i7 7700k is $350 where a RyZen 4c/8t SR5 1300 is like $170. Granted, the Skylake overclocked will reach a higher overall speed than Ryzen can achieve, but thinking that this Ryzen quad-core can overclock to 4.8ghz is not a stretch of the imagination, and at 4.8ghz it will basically match the i7 7700k at...
Ditto, that's the one I'm hanging out for. Hopefully they're binning and the higher priced SR5 means higher top overclocks. Following the logic that more cores = harder to reach higher frequencies, I'm thinking the SR5 will be the best of both worlds. If the SR7 is limited to (hypothetically) 4.2-4.4ghz, and the SR3 manages somewhere up near 4.8-5.0ghz (it's a stretch, possibly, but for the sake of argument), then a sub-$300 hexcore at around 4.5 to 4.7ghz is bang on the...
The Zen is running on a locked low-end board with slow RAM.You're welcome to assume it's at maximum. It wouldn't be an out of character assumption for the rest of the verbal diarrhea you've been enthusiastically spraying across the last couple hours of this thread.You math doesn't add up at all, as shown in the below where your mistaken assumptions are addressed.Honestly, you just need to chill the feck out, relax, stop trying to prove a point based on false foundational...