Posts by willibj

2-day bump. I sure hope someone has something to say or at least a vote on the poll soon ... tl:dr, the generational-defining textspeak, amiright?
I've been playing it on my overclocked 2gb HD7850. Can't post pics for proof right now, but I can tell you my experience (from memory).1080p, High-textures, medium shadows, medium texture filtering, low ambient occulsion, everything else on high, DoF on, motion blur camera only.VRAM usage hovers up to 1980mb, and fps in the benchmark read Min.28fps/Avg.63fps/Max - something absurd. The benchmark sucks a bit. In game, it's more than fine and using adaptive VSYNC through...
1-day bump ... So nobody has any relevant opinions on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S or the Xiaomi MiPad? I'll take anything at this point ...
Errrmm ... low/mid-range ... what? That's probably in the top 1 or 2% of all consumer rigs on the planet for gaming, to be fair haha. Talk about embracing the "no-such-thing-as-overkill" mentality lol. I hope you appreciate all that horsepower *Excuse the off-topic. Continue ...*
Hi all (again! ),So I posted this thread last week:http://www.overclock.net/t/1515014/considering-upgrade-to-zotac-gtx970-is-it-worth-it-on-my-rig/0_50 [[SPOILER]] The other day I was helping a friend choose a tablet and external keyboard as a replacement for her recently-stolen laptop, and she's not too technologically-savvy, so we arrived at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5". Whilst a little overpriced for the brand-name, it seems to suit her needs and experience...
Can you stretch to SLI GTX970's? It's probably not much more cost and the price/performance/power draw can't be beat. You'll be fine with eye candy at 1080p eyefinity.
Really? Your overclocked GTX770 is faster than the GTX970 "slightly overclocked"?I see your GTX770 clocks are very high (seriously impressive, and what volts does that take btw?) and unfortunately I can't find a review of a GTX770 overclocked to closer than 100mhz of your overclocks, but in those reviews at just over 1300mhz, it almost or just barely matches a GTX780 (non-ti), yet the GTX970 beats the 780 non-ti handily at stock. I'm not saying that the GTX770 isn't a good...
Hey all - thanks for the responses. Interesting points made. Huzzug - I see where you're coming from and I was considering getting the GTX760 a while ago, but if you notice the overclock settings on my HD7850 it is performing somewhere near an HD7870ghz @ stock, which really isn't that far behind a GTX760. I can't expect much more than a 10-25% increase in performance (factoring overclocks) which really doesn't seem worth spending the money. The GTX970 is a minimum of...
Hi all, as the title states, I'm looking to upgrade my current overclocked 2gb HD7850 (see sig-rig) to the Zotac GTX970. I have a small form-fact mATX case and it's the only one that will fit (so don't go off suggesting other models unless they're less than 7inch/210mm). I've come into some unexpected funds, and with those plus the sale of my current GPU, I should only be about USD$70-80 out of pocket. Money is quite tight at the moment though, so I'm wondering if I...
Razzaa ... you got the Zotac GTX970 (standard)? The small form-factor ready one? That's the card I'm eyeing off right now (and can pull the trigger on one locally too, for a decent price when you factor the typical import sales on it) as it's the only model which can fit in my case currently available. I don't want to do so without hearing some user accounts and seeing some reviews however.How are the temps, noise, overclocks etc, including ambient temps.I would much...