Posts by willibj

Civilization VI !!!! Also Mafia 3 and Forza Horizon 3 over here.
There's your first mistake then ...
^^ sure ... that may well be true, but it was designed as a budget build, as the context clearly suggests. And you know what sucks and is ridiculously stupid - just making a critical statement without actually offering a solution. You're the one with all of the knowledge re: PSU's? Then put it to good and positive use. Or is it too much effort to actually offer a cost effective suggestion (god forbid actually looking at the current prices on PCpartpicker and helping...
You haven't given too many restrictions (ie: budget) for the build, so I guess you could go from something like this budget area: PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xMgH9W Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xMgH9W/by_merchant/ CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150...
Precisely, and I agree re: the PSU too, though budgets being what they are I thought I'd try and minimize where possible.
I broke the budget by $70 ... but it's a ridiculously well spent $70, and excluding the Windows 10 copy you said you could provide. Like .... waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than anything else posted, especially for video editing. CUDA cores obviously have an impact on rendering times, but video editing is about far more than that. The GTX960 is well poised to deliver reasonable performance, but the amount of RAM and speed, as well as CPU strength is also highly important across...
This ^^^ Get the Skylake or a used Haswell. Today, I would rather buy a locked i5 6500 than an unlocked i5 2500k. New tech, stable, lower power draw, modern motherboard features, and similar or better performance than an overclocked 2500k apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNjT5R5XI4
Nope - your Titan's should be more than enough horsepower to begin with, but will also likely retain a higher resale value for their productivity performance. Double compute FPU or whatever it is. Keep it/them, and look to the future. Pascal is coming ...
People who just spout and parrot that VR is going to flop because Virtual Boy and 90s movies are uneducated, period. The investing market forces behind VR already prove its validity. The tech advancements mean that this run for the technology should be considered the first real one ever. Its actually viable on a consumer level AND has the realism potential required to be properly engaging. It wont replace regular screen gaming, at least initially, but it will carve out a...
Don't get the standard gtx980 over a gtx970 unless it's only 10-15% more expensive at most. Frequently the gtx980 is about 30%+ more expensive than a gtx970 and there is no way in hell that's worth it. Which system depends ultimately on your screen resolution and overall budget. If it were me, I would build my own powerhouse rig ready for Pascal or Arctic Islands, with a gtx970/r9-390 as a place holder until the new GPU's come out, mostly because the gtx970/r9-390 can be...