Posts by willibj

Damn, that's a scathing review. Sorry to hear of your experiences mate - I hope they improve. Regardless, I went ahead and bought the Tegra K1 powered Xiaomi MiPad. I paid USD$299 for the 64gb version with a case and a tempered glass screen protector plus 2 years warranty. 7.9" IPS 1536x2048 screen, 2gb Ram, Cortex A15 4+1 CPU, 6700mAh battery. 128gb MicroSD support and all the trimmings. I will use it for reading/writing a lot, plus my travel device for word-processing...
Thank you for your reply Cakewalk, very detailed and well thought out, which is most appreciated. I think you're right re: X1 being released soon, I was hoping someone might have more than just a guess.True regarding K1 too - it's surprising that it hasn't found its way into more devices despite the short amount of time. The Nexus 9 uses the 2nd variation of K1 based on dual nVidia Denver CPU cores, whereas I'm looking at the earlier K1 quad core based on the A15 cores....
Hey all.I've been wanting a tablet for a long time now, but waiting patiently for some new hardware to come down the pipeline, namely, a Tegra X1 SoC tablet.See old thread here: [[SPOILER]] I had wanted a Xiaomi MiPad very much (based on the 32bit quadcore Tegra K1) but decided to hold off as my latest phone - the Exynos Galaxy Note 4 - has near enough to comparable power, and it seemed a waste. I would jump on a Tegra X1 based Xiaomi MiPad 2 in a heartbeat, but I'm...
The already released a tablet with the Tegra K1 chip before the Shield Tablet was released, which is a near carbon copy of the iPad Mini Retina. The Xiaomi MiPad. So no ...The will most likely be one of the first in line to release a tablet with the Tegra X1 chipset in their MiPad 2 later this year. I'm hanging out for it myself.
Hey buddy - I haven't seen benchmarks relevant to this, but at a guess I would say you've taken a small shift up in performance. Nothing major, but I'm pretty certain the gtx750 is quicker than a 6850.
In it to win it, or at least for a shot! Cheers
Damn. I didn't need to upgrade my GPU for Dragon Age: Inquisition (much to my surprise), but it looks like I'll have no choice with this much anticipated title. I'm a little skeptical that the minimum requirements are so high, though I hope it speaks to the quality they're putting out. Also, GTX770 or r9-290? Seriously? That's a little unbalanced, unless this is a TWIMTBP title. I guess the GTX660 and 7870 is slightly in the green-team's favour too, though not nearly as...
Awesome eligibility requirements Full disclosure, I had to google and found this piece of topical awesomeness.
I've not used a Snapdragon 805 to compare (only an 801), but in my experience and looking across a wealth of benches, I'd say that he Exynos 5433 or Exynos 7 (same chip) as used in the international Galaxy Note 4 model and many forthcoming smartphones/tablets was an unequivocal win.I might be biased because my Exynos Note 4 kicks ass, but it seems they're killing it at the moment.I could be wrong and won't care too much - I was going to get the Tegra K1 Xioami MiPad before...
Something like this ...