Posts by willibj

You're welcome. I've made a slight change to the first build, as the first draft posted missed a CPU difference I thought I had added. The i5-4590 has a significant enough clockspeed increase in turbo over the i5-4440 (3.5-3.7ghz vs. 3.1-3.3ghz) to warrant the extra money, especially in a non-overclock build. Let me know if I can help further
I've thrown together this build, though forgetting the need to include an O/S I may have under-stated/estimated the price requirements.This is kind of your "no-overclocking-required-can-handle-everything" build. [[SPOILER]] If overclocking was on the cards, I would change things around to this to distribute money between other components increasing CPU performance/longevity significantly enough to warrant it. With careful tweaking, performance should be approximately the...
Hello mate. Where are you located? Thats my first question. If it's the USA, 1) do you have a preferred website to use, and 2) are you near a Microcenter store? Do you know what monitor she has already, or at least what size/refresh-rate/resolution? Are there specific games which you play and wish to run particularly well ie: Physx enable games? Does she have high storage requirements? What kind of school work is it, as in, general academic (MS Office & interwebs) or...
Awesome! Love the short time frame - consider me in with thanks and kudos regardless
Thankyou for the thoughtful and relevant response. Most appreciated. +Rep I don't expect I'll be gaming all that much on any tablet if/when I get one, but having the Tegra K1 is certainly a positive if/when I did. The price difference and value-for-money factor is certainly one guiding my decision, and I concur with your thoughts. Cheers!
Sigh ... nearly-4-day bump. Anybody out there? ..... helllloooooo........ 55 views and not even a single poll-vote? I guess this isn't a topic people are interested in commenting on or even thinking about
2-day bump. I sure hope someone has something to say or at least a vote on the poll soon ... tl:dr, the generational-defining textspeak, amiright?
I've been playing it on my overclocked 2gb HD7850. Can't post pics for proof right now, but I can tell you my experience (from memory).1080p, High-textures, medium shadows, medium texture filtering, low ambient occulsion, everything else on high, DoF on, motion blur camera only.VRAM usage hovers up to 1980mb, and fps in the benchmark read Min.28fps/Avg.63fps/Max - something absurd. The benchmark sucks a bit. In game, it's more than fine and using adaptive VSYNC through...
1-day bump ... So nobody has any relevant opinions on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S or the Xiaomi MiPad? I'll take anything at this point ...
Errrmm ... low/mid-range ... what? That's probably in the top 1 or 2% of all consumer rigs on the planet for gaming, to be fair haha. Talk about embracing the "no-such-thing-as-overkill" mentality lol. I hope you appreciate all that horsepower *Excuse the off-topic. Continue ...*