Posts by willibj

Haha, youre good. Thanks for that - it probably is common. Im an old man compared to kids these days with their new fangled text speak lingo and their rock music and smoking the reefer and all that
I clicked on his profile and checked through a bunch of his comments - it seems he has taken up a crusade agaonst 21:9 for some reason, flooding every thread on the topic with his fatuous drivel. Btw, what does SS, DD stand for? Ive not seen that before. Im actually going to keep both i think, at least for the moment. Theres value in having a large TV screen for certain media, and i have all but given up on regular television service. I dont understand why, in some...
Oh look - someone with a dogmatic and irrational hatred of some hardware specification (objectively increasing in popularity, and not dead) is kicking up a stink with his fatuous arguments on an optional appreciation thread specifically for said hardware. How original ...
Here is a great youtube channel dedicated to 21:9 gaming, and the creator takes a really honest look at the pros and cons of it all. He does a great job and deserves a lot more subs and likes for his work. And heres a decent thread over at Arstechnica about 21:9 gaming. arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1265445&sid=007dd5b688e33ea33c66f7b5ad6f5533&start=0 And another at Overclockers UK forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18684417 And the Reddit Ultrawide...
Subbed for the love of this growing in popularity screen ratio. Currently running a 40" Samsung LED 1080P TV and i absolutely cannot wait to get my 21:9 screen. Cant afford the 1440p model yet, so im getting a 29" LG at 2560x1080p with 75hz support later this year (just in time for Fallout 4). My current rig will eventually become my general computing and HTPC rig. I figure the 1080p widescreen will match well to the 1080p TV in terms of output, and my gtx970 should push...
Where did I say that? You think this is some fanboyism? Edit: I see, you have a 980 yourself, and my comments made you a little butthurt. Awwww ... precious.I have a gtx970. I would buy a 980ti if I could afford it. If I couldn't afford it, but I was going 4k, I would find myself a couple r9-290's as they're great value. I wouldn't buy a Fury X, period. I might consider the Fury if it were on sale but honestly, they leave me feeling "meh".If I was in the market range of a...
Not really, The 970 is still just over $300, while the 980 starts at just shy of $500. To go from the 970 up to the 980 you gain about 10% at most in performance for an increase of 50% in cost, and for only 50% more in cost, you gain another ~70% in performance by jumping up to the 980ti.There's no logical reason (IMO) to purchase a 980. At its current price point, it's ludicrous. The 970 is a good buy, and the 980ti is a good buy. These are basically the only nVidia cards...
650 bucks is a lot, but in the scheme of current pricing i think its pretty amazing. Gtx970 is still over $300, the gtx980 is an irrelevant component at a huge increase in price for not much more performance, then the gtx980ti hits ultra premium performance range, at like 35% less than the TitanX with basically equal performance that is almost equal to SLI 970s when highly overclocked and is pretty much double the price of a gtx970. Since when is the premium model...
Not planning to go 4k (therefore staying at assuming 1080p or 1440p)? Then just grab a gtx980ti and new rig now. They're fantastic performing, amazing value, and pretty "future proof" as far as things are concerned re: current hardware. For example, an i7 4790k and gtx980ti should keep (basically) maxing out games at 1440p for at least another year or two, save for the inevitable slow dropping of effects like AA and the like. If you're running 1080p then I would say it's...
Your first statement may be passable (970/980/980ti/TitanX = 560/560ti/570/580)The second statement is nonsensical however. The gtx260 (and 216sp), gtx275, gtx280, gtx285 ... not including the dual flagship. How then could the gtx980ti possibly be equivalent model to either of the gtx260 cards? It's the gtx280 equivalent if anything.Regardless, none of these comparisons are actually applicable anymore, as the big/small design of both Kepler and Maxwell fundamentally...