Posts by Loserdave

Quick question. First of all im sorry if this has been asked befor , i missed the answer somewhere. I have unlocked all 4 cores in my 550 , and OCed to 3.4 very stable. However i noticed in task manager that each core progressively works less,, or has less activity ,, the 4th core showing some, but very little activity, is this normal or a sign of a faulty core?? Thanks in advance Dave
Quote: Originally Posted by Loserdave Windows 7 does not recognize Overclocking on the Phenom II x2 550 It does however recognize the working 4 cores and is faster than XP. Overclocked to 3.4ghz in Bios,, XPpro 32bit recognizes it fine Weird eh? Well turns out that it was the "COOL& QUIET" option in the bios. Seems that even though i had not installed the application , Windows 7 was throtling back the CPU. Disabled C&Q and VAWALA! back to...
Windows 7 does not recognize Overclocking on the Phenom II x2 550 It does however recognize the working 4 cores and is faster than XP. Overclocked to 3.4ghz in Bios,, XPpro 32bit recognizes it fine Weird eh?
Quote: Originally Posted by BinaryDemon It still looks painfully slow. Dont forget to mail it to stanford. LOL ha ha ha ,, I should!
Quote: Originally Posted by blitz6804 This post is misleading; you are folding on SEVERAL 80486s. LOL sorry i couldn't resist
Quote: Originally Posted by paperKuts Got my new case, went with the Antec 902 and what a difference it is compared to the old one I had lol, it has dropped my temps by around 20°C. I am hitting 39°C~43°C with all fans at full RPM and around 49°C when fans are all set to low. Currently i put the CPU to 3.2GHz and 1.34v, gonna boost the clock abit and see how it goes! Love the black interior
Quote: Originally Posted by thlnk3r Loserdave, from a previous discussion we had on here a few weeks ago it seems the "core temperatures" are typically a few Celsius lower than the displayed "CPU Temp" (which is at the IHS level). As already recommended, I would run a full load test to see what your cpu temp gets to. Loserdave, did you make sure to manually input the correct sub-timings and voltage? Which Kingston kit is this? I checked the...
I can't get my RAM to go past 1333MHZ even though it's 1800MHZ Kingston HyperX. Is this normal for the Phenom?
Quote: Originally Posted by JMT668 im running at 28C @ 3.8Ghz im my new case woo hoo!! INSANE!