Posts by obi.van.kenobi

I have been out of touch with new mouse sensor developments since I got my g100s. Unfortunately I accidentally smashed it while playing cs (random spraying killed me through the door, made me mad). Sadly, Logitech's excellent customer care doesn't cover madness... So I'm about to get my self a new mouse. So I was wondering are there any new mice that have have it good like the WMO? Still consider it a great mouse. I bought the g100s because of it's greater max speed, it's...
Got my self this oldie but a goody motherboard for my xeon 771 rig. Xeon works on it right out of the box with the latest available official bios, no problems there. The problems start when i try to populate all four DIMM slots (4x1 GB identical Patriot ddr2 6400 CL4). When I plug the memory in the first two slots (it seems that it doesn't matter which DIMM's i use) the board works great. When I plug in the DIMMS in slots (these are the ones farther from the cpu) 3 and 4...
If it was ever to be, I would consider this mouse a successor to the WMO. Normally after I get a new mouse (nowdays I have them too many), WMO makes a comeback and gets plugged back in within a week. With this mouse it's been at least three weeks, and counting. I simply love it. Thank you Logitech!! p.s. not sponsored by Logitech (but if they would, I would love me some keyboard )))
Only in bios. Never tried doing it in windows, since it probably messes with the kernel sync.
I have a problem with my Gigabyte EP35-DS3, which for all my experience using computers I can not fix. I've bought a used motherboard and modded the socketto work with Xeon 771 (in my case E5440). The mod was successful, and everything seems to be working fine in windows, and it has passed 3 hours of prime95 test overclocked to 3,5GHZ. A pretty sweet combo you may think. The problem arises when I put my computer to sleep (I almost never shut it down completely, because on...
After some searching I've discovered that my mbo probably has notorious s3 resume fail bug. For which Gigabyte should have released a fix via Bios update, like they did for EP35-DS4.Any ideas would flashing a dDS4 bios work on DS3? What do I need to do to make it work? Tried already with @bios, but it doesn't let me flash because the mbo is a different version, of course.Any ideas?
The problem occours when i put it in s3 sleep mode (which i use regulary). After it wakes up from sleep mode the cpu voltage drops to default cpu vcore of 1.2v. This renders my computer unstable and shortly after I get bsod. After a restart vcore returns to the value set in bios and everything is ok. When I do a normal restart or a shutdown the problem doesn't occour also. I have tried to change all possible settings in bios, but with no success. The same thing happens...
This is my first intel cpu and mbo in a long time, and I've encountered some dificulties while ocing. Mbo is gigabyte ep35-ds3 and cpu is e5420. I've manged to overclock it easily to 420fsb @1.35v (it's an c0). It runs stable and has passed occt 5 hour test with flying colors. There is some vdrop on the cpu side of things of about 0.05 while stress testing, but I consider it normal since the mbo doesn't have llc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where? I want an E0 version, but the cheapest I can see on ebay is $55 shipped. Even better, I want an E5450, but their prices went through the roof (not to mention x5470)...
I'm having some issues with modding the bios on my gigabyte motherboard (ep35-ds3). I do all the necessary steps as described here, but when i check the mod in the final step I get some weird output....Would you please try to mod it for me, because so far I had zero success. Here's the latest stock bios: http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIOS/motherboard_bios_ga-ep35-ds3_f4.exe .Your help would be much obliged.