Posts by s-x

I find it amusing that none of the reviews use mantle performance in their tests even when 20% of the games they are using for tests run mantle. There is no reason not to use mantle in those games besides being lazy.
Which basically means these 9 series cards are going to get gimped support for dx12. This has happened quite a few times in the past where nvidia and AMD are quick to release cards that support a new DX version, but end up missing quite a lot of features, to the point where the new version is no better than the previous and then of course the following series gets full support, making you want to buy a brand new card next year.Anyone that wants a card that will fully...
Guns in America is one of those topics that seem to cause a LOT of debate. Look at this post, 400+ comments, on an overclocking website. I honestly dont think changes will ever be agreed upon, as you have one side that wants strict control over guns via laws and forced safety features, and the other side that wants to get a bare metal gun and never be bothered by the government again. I shouldnt be getting into this as i know most people have already chosen their side in...
Skip to the end of the video review and the apple praising goes away and the reviewer states what everyone is thinking: iphone 6 is just another iphone, bigger, slightly better, but playing a catchup game, everyone wanted more but they got exactly what was expected, a rehashed iphone. I have no issues with apple or most of their devices, I dont own any of their products, but i have gotten them for family members. It is just really disappointing to see a company that has...
I doubt this has anything to do with nvidia. This is just Samsung spending their money to create supply lines. They have relied on qualcomm for far too long, and as you can see they are slowly pushing their own designs (exnyos) with licensed tech. Its 100% a play to create devices that are built only using samsung parts, and while they are powering their own devices, they can also attempt to overthrow qualcomm and supply other device manufacturers with their chips. This is...
And they also make some of the worst. Badly designed internals, horrible support/part availability even to ASP's, crapware that causes problems, etc. I am using an asus g74, and worked in a repair shop that was certified by every major brand, I would never recommend Asus as a laptop brand, but only recommend a couple models (and yes my g74 has its own problems, that i had to fix but i got it significantly cheaper than retail)
Wooo a marketing stunt that is only sent to popular people, with instructions on how to record, upload, and spam their subscribers. Seriously, this is just like a paid advertisement, the capsule is nice, but if i wanted to watch an advertisement i could have just watched any of linus' other videos.
And guess what the problem is? Nobody is going to lay down all that infrastructure to serve most of America, because it is expensive and the current isp's will do everything in their power to make it more difficult for you. Only 2 realistic options exist, someone like google pays the price knowing they can reap more money than just subscriptions (ads, your data), or we wait till telecomms get to the point where they can compete with the average isp speeds.
Japan has always favored sony and nintendo, and to be more specific, handheld devices rather than consoles. I dont own an xbox one, but this really isnt news to anyone that has paid attention to how japan handles gaming systems, its more or less an attack on MSFT.I also like this part of the articleSo they found one guy at one store buying one console at the time, and their opening line is that journalists outnumbered the buyers? Im pretty sure i can replicate that...
If you are spending ~400+ and AMD is offering a similar solution for $100 cheaper, thats a 25% cheaper, pretty big deal.