Posts by s-x

And even if you had two processors that performed exactly the same, with the AMD one being a bit cheaper, AMD would still sell less of them. AMD has marketing issues, and intel has a cult. The average consumer is an idiot, and im pretty sure most buyers of ultrabooks and similar systems are not aware that their i7 is not a quad core, but a dual core, and that it would get trounced by a desktop i3. I am a very firm believer that if you were to completely hide which company...
Its pretty amazing that they can sell it for so cheap. LCD replacement screens are like $100 for consumers, keyboard $30, trackpad $30, flash drive $60, ram $30, motherboard $120, etc etc. The hardware itself seems like it should cost more than $200 for the consumer, but then you have stuff like design costs, licenses (windows, etc), warranty costs, shipping and packaging. Point is, for $200 you get a real PC, not a gimped chromebook or android device. It obviously wont...
Yup. If its easy to turn off, i will, and did. But i really dont care much if google knows where i am or what i like. As long as they dont use it to impact my life in a negative way (getting physical ads, sharing my data to people i know, etc). It is hilarious to think that google, apple, your service provider, and the government dont already have access to this data, because everything has backdoors and you have to connect to towers- which will grab a rough location...
I dont know why people think thats still a funny joke. It literally contributes nothing to the topic and you could spam the same sentence on almost every thread here and it would make sense 99% of the time but still be a worthless post.On topic: I really hope this phone comes with an advancement in their always on voice command system. Its one feature that i think needs to be expanded on as it is not a gimmick. If youre in the car or some other situation where you cant...
The thing is, people that use bitcoin and all the other virtual coins will deny that there is any merit to such a possibility, because if it turns out to be true, all their coins will become worthless when/if evidence comes out. Anyone that knows the alleged story of how bitcoin came to be should also know how sketchy the entire thing is and how capable these agencies and their foreign counterparts are (see stuxnext). While there is no proof of it being created or...
Yeah but this isnt targeted towards $1000+ gaming laptops. The APU is targeted towards the average person who wants a cheap system that will do everything, and thats exactly what it does.
Malwarebytes is extremely good for the price and obviously the free version is great. When i was repairing computers it was one of the products that i actually felt like i wasnt ripping off customers when i tried to up-sell it (store policy, not freelance). Its a bit of a shame that they are transitioning into a subscription service instead of a lifetime service, but i guess thats to be expected due to the way the industry is and the upkeep.
If you read all the updates its pretty clear that they stole it. The only question is if and when is he going to take them to court over it.
Really? Did you watch this video? There is a lot of scripted questions and answers that make this a PR event more than a real Q&A.Intel guy: we feel that we made so many changes including a revised TIM that it needed its own codenamelinus: now heres a hard hitting question, why was the tim previously so bad?Intel guy: it was too expensive every company cuts corners and didnt work with our innovative manufacturing but this new version is much better and made just for you guys
People are over hyping this. If it was something brand new they wouldnt be revealing it with a twitter picture of the box. They would run a much bigger PR event. Its going to be a new box/rehash/higher clock/whatever.