Posts by s-x

There is no way samsung (or whoever) would not get the x86 license. On one hand you cant let intel become a monopoly (via cant compete), and on the other a big part of AMD is still x86, even if their CPU's dont sell well. The question is whether AMD can be dissolved and the x86 acquired by samsung, or if samsung will have to use AMD as a shell to keep the license. Anyone looking to acquire AMD will surely put thousands of hours into making sure they get that license, so...
The xperia z4 and lg g4 are the phones to be looking for when they are announced/ released.
That article is poop. There are trace elements everywhere, including your waste and parts of your body. You can extract gold from your hair and nails but it is cost inefficient to do so. This shouldnt be news, its just click bait based on known science.
Except NASA have already done 14 propellers before on actual aircraft. So the idea of a lot of smaller propellers on a single wing has already been proven to work for certain situations. Look up Centurion, and Helios, and to a lesser degree Pathfinder plus. Sure its not as small of a wing, and with 4 less propellers, but it does work.
The way gabe says it, means nothing. The reason to do it is obvious, it will sell as long as its decent and that means money, as well as finally ending the series. I dont think they have an issue with getting people to work on it, it is the most hyped game of all time, who wouldnt want to work on that? I think they have just run into issues in the past, with the game not living up to what it needs to be, so they've scrapped it multiple times. With source 2, VR, more...
I have an issue with the name, as well as gpu-z. CPU-Z came out and made a name for itself, and now people are using its name to promote their products which afaik dont have any relation to CPU-Z. Id rather see this named something else, and if it is good, it can make a name for itself. Otherwise this is no better than the millions of i-products.
Ive had problems with my old htc touch pro, then i stupidly bought the htc evo 3d, which didnt have problems but it was touted as their flagship only to be immediately abandoned. Went to samsungs gs4, screen cracked, not the glass covering the screen, but the actual screen. It cracked from being squeezed... Also the gs4 has those black issues. Now im looking for a new phone and im tempted to try htc again, but LG and sony seem like the better buys.
Some of these comments are so idiotic, that NSA is paying for this? The NSA wouldnt need to pay a US based company to backdoor their software, and they wouldnt need to wait till windows 10. They could force microsoft to push a windows update to any OS. You want to know why windows 10 is going to be free for a year? App store, skype integration, skydrive integration, bing integration, etc. All of those will make microsoft money. Even if you dont use any of those services...
The jonpeddie news is a repost, so this is just someone elses words on old data that has already been reported weeks ago. Here is the link to a different article over the same data made 3 weeks ago http://www.overclock.net/t/1542771/pcper-gpu-market-sees-20-point-swing-in-2014-nvidia-gains-amd-falls/0_100 Doesnt belong in news.
Self driving cars arent that hard to achieve, cars that are completely autonomous are. You have to check and have answers for every possible situation. For example, there are no driverless cars that detect and avoid potholes, and those can cause mechanical damage. None of them can detect a fire until it throws a code indicating a hardware failure. They mostly use lidar, cameras, so if some jerk throws a smoothie at your cars lidar, your car will freak out and probably put...