New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by s-x

The issue wasnt performance, it was that you were buying a device with the windows 8 UI, but it didnt support the millions of reasons why windows is popular, the existing applications. It became pointless for companies, as they rely on x86 legacy applications and most likely already have bought into/developed for the ios or android ecosystem for mobile devices. For consumers it was windows phone all over again, decent hardware, decent OS, zero apps and late to the party.
So I have a Netgear R8000 router, and it has a USB port, I have attached my external HDD to the router but i want to set the external HDD to sleep after 20 minutes of non-use. I could have sworn I already set the thing to sleep after 2 hours (my mistake) but i dont remember for the life of me where i did that. I've checked my routers portal several times and its not there, and contacted netgear support and they blew me off, so im posting it here in hopes there is a way to...
Because a DDOS is very hard to prevent. There was a point where you could take down google for a few seconds, but when you become the most popular website in the world (and own the 4th), downtime is no longer acceptable. Compare that to sony or msft, they dont really have something you can take down that will kill their revenue, and while taking down console servers was a big deal to those gamers, they make money elsewhere, and they arent about to spend millions to prevent...
Read his second sentence? Overrated in the fact that so many people state they are clearly better, when they are just different.
Financial news is the worst type of news on OCN. Unless a company has filed for bankruptcy, it doesnt really matter. Look at INTL's charts, even though they beat estimates, the market already knew that and bought during december. Now that it is confirmed, people will sell off their shares and the stock will tank a few percent. So this entire post might as well be 'intel made more money', what a great news piece.
Didnt realize it was that high. If anything it should show that people want on demand solutions like netflix, but thats probably another reason cable companies hate netflix, because they are eating their bandwidth and killing off TV subscriptions.
Luck for most people, but when you arent making decisions based off your feelings but statistical odds, you'll do much better. All they need to do now is upgrade the bot to a version that is actually played..And also implement sensors that can read other players heart rate, perspiration, breathing patterns, etc via laser.
I bought the same one. Dont poop on his dreams. Our modem will last years before comcast maxes out its speed and a decade if not more when it becomes cost efficient to buy that tier.Your 24x8 wont be coming out for months, and that isnt an acceptable wait for someone like me who needed to buy a modem as i have no other (due to giving the old one to my family). Also next year is docsis 3.1, which your modem wont support, so yours will be outdated in the same time frame as...
I have a Motorola/Arris SB6183, that is obviously docsis 3.0, however it is capable of 686 Mbps down and 131 up. There is less than 1% of the US residential market that can max out my modem, and the highest tier offered in my neighborhood is 150 down, which is over $100 a month, docsis 3 wont change anything for the other 99%+ of americans who wont see those speeds for another decade if not longer. Not only do cable companies need to offer faster speeds, but they need to...
Wow, encrypting the users data is such a simple but genius idea. Every bit of malicious code eventually gets figured out , but could you imagine being a repair tech and having someone come in with this without there being a solution? I've never had to tell a customer that there was no chance to fix their issue or recover their data. This would really suck to get infected with.
New Posts  All Forums: