Posts by Zeus

A few months ago I was getting the same thing, and I tracked it down to a data cable that had degraded. Once I replaced it, the problem hasn't returned.
If I remember correctly, the ASRock Extreme3 Z77 has a issue with incorrectly reporting the Vcore. This might be the cause of your issue. The voltage actually getting applied to the CPU is higher than you think and thus its generating a lot more heat.
At work I manage the deployment of Security Updates to a customers estate and this is a very common issue. The way I normally clear the issue is: - 1 - stop the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" and "Windows Update" services 2 - rename the SoftwareDistribution folder thats in the Windows folder to SoftwareDistribution.old 3 - start the Windows Update service 4 - leave for 5 minutes 5 - manually download https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3138612 and install it...
have you tried a different PSU just in case the CPU rail is faulty? Also you did connect the cpu power connect the right way round?
That looks like a WD 6TB Red (NASware 3.0 version). Drive on the left of the image below
I did have a 6990 for 12 months and I had nothing but issues. A lot of games wouldn't run in SLI with it. The stock cooler is very loud and not that good. IMO, I wouldn't spend your money on getting one
Far as I know, the MegaRAID 9361-8i controller doesn't support JBOD.
bump
Hi, A friend at work is looking to sell his current PC and was wondering what its worth. It's 9 months old and cost approx £1100 new. The spec is: - CPU: i7-4790K (stock) CPU HSF: Noctua NH-U12S Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII IMPACT Mini ITX LGA1150 RAM: Kingston Beast 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB M.2: Samsung SM951 256GB M.2-2280 HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD2: Western Digital WD SE 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone 600W 80+ Gold...
Thats the board I'm running in my ITX system (see signature)