Posts by Fearlessleader

Quote: Originally Posted by rockit00 Welcome to the E8700 club adadk! This is verification that the E8700's from Hong Kong are OEM processors. This also verifies a legit seller with a good track record. Congrats and thanks for the info. Yep I am glad to see that these chips where cool. when I first seen the auction I was not to sure the guy was straight. But it seems he was. Congrats to all that score one of these nice little gems
Well I am glad to see that the chip you have been getting are straight. Yes I did sell mine some time ago now and I got like 430 on my 2nd auction. I had a dead beat bidder the first time around. I wish they would have paid as I got 500 the first time. But seeing these going for 250 or so now I am glad I sold it when I did. Feel free to use this tread to post any overclocking results if you would like. There are still many that check in here and I am sure they as well...
I am currently running a 8800gts for my Physx but I am wanting to add a 2nd 4870x2 so I won't have the PCI-e slot for my 8800. I found a 9400gt that is PCI . I was hoping that would be good enough to run Physx? Would there be any other PCI cards out there that would do the trick? I am using a Asus P6T deluxe mainboard so the PCI-e 1x slot is not usable as the north bridge sits right behind the 1x slot. I thought to try the Ageia PCI card but found that the card was...
Quote: Originally Posted by yummybar can this be used without actually having an nvidia card?, i only have the 5770 is that possible? No you need to have one ATI card and a Nvidia 8000 series card and up in pair using the patch so you can activate the hardware acceleration for Physics. That is the point of the Patch so we can keep our high $ ATI cards and use a older cheap Nvidia card like a 8800gt or gts to run the physics
Ok folks it has come to attention that there are some e8700 out there floating around out of Hong Kong. Beware those are ES chips they are not the same as what I had. Mine was a OEM chip. ES chips are Property of Intel and may not even be worth a damn. They could be rejects or they could be just fine. But what ever don't give stupid money for ES chips. I have not seen them all I am sure. This is a warning don't get burned
Ok folks it has come to attention that there are some e8700 out there floating around out of Hong Kong. Beware those are ES chips they are not the same as what I had. Mine was a OEM chip. ES chips are Property of Intel and may not even be worth a damn. They could be rejects or they could be just fine. But what ever don't give stupid money for ES chips
Quote: Originally Posted by NoGuru So how are the rest of the builds going? Haven't seen ya in a while. Speaking of good Pep's here one checking in right now. Good to see ya!! Well thing have been slow for me now but I have been busy with a bit of customer stuff. I am still playing with the rig I built to test the E8700. I nuked the Qx9650 and went back to a q9550. Just could not justify to cost for a extreem chip. I guess the next think...
Quote: Originally Posted by nvidiagamer This is just plain awesome!!! I hope Nvidia learns it's lesson, although physx isn't to big of a deal at this point and very few games even use it, I still want it anyway! Go team red! LOL Na that just won't happen they are greedy. They all are the same it not about make better game or Pc experience. It all abut the money. They have one small feature that some think is cool so let make it Proprietary!!...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kip69 Ummm.. What? This has been a good read. I am glad it was you and you found your home (OCN ;p ) Me too to tell the truth,here I an have fun, post and say what I want within reason and not one time finding my backside booted. Plus I don't have to put up with the negative nanny's. I think people here are just a bit more down to earth. They don't carry the high and mighty attitude. I enjoy to help when I can,...
Quote: Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa i agree, i even think his CPU made it on digg.com. he should of sold it then. I tried to sell it earlier, I got a dead beat bidder on the first round. So I had to dick around with that for a week and it was Christmas by then I waited till after the holiday was over to relist. I thought it would do better too. But It did way better the some of the idiots in the appraisal section said I would. I had fun...