Posts by Fearlessleader

Really don't get one they are really junk. I was hoping this post might save some else my pain. Its a real shame too because the res works great it just made from crappy material. The metal inserts in the cheap plastic it made for crack the housing very easy, that causes a leaks, well that depending on what is below the res may or may not be so bad but it internal cracking it the real bad part be can't see it and the cause the water flow thru your loops to decrease over...
Well I had had 2 of these units so far the first cracked on install about a year ago and leaked. I was lucky it caused no damage. I got it RMA'd Great right well the unit was great running 2 loops for a year with distilled water and and Primo Chill additive for color and to prevent algae. They say you can't use any type of coolant anyway which was not that big of a deal. but already pointing to a bad design. Ok so now I ran this unit for about a year and at first it was...
Hi I am in a real bind My Asus P6t Deluxe Died yesterday. and it was 40 days out of warranty. I need to find a replacement badly and as I am disabled and living from my SSI. I have very little means to replace it. I hate to beg but my Pc is all I really have! Now that it's down with no way to fix it. I thought I would ask here is anyone had a board that could get me up and running on the cheap side. It was a really great rig I build when I still had money. I don't expect...
Hi was wanting to find a good disk check program that would give a printable report. The one in windows just scans and fixes but how can you see how many bad sectors it has or anything else. I would like a program that tells me what it fixed. Please help Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by NoGuru Played with it, and then sold it. That's all I wanted it for. The chip ran too hot for me on air. It should be going under some extreme cooling in the next week or so. Well You know my story of the chip I had it really started to fight with me after 4.5 or so. Even under water. After a bit of time with it for me selling it was the best option. Now days I just run my 920 @4HGZ for a gamer and do the same in my...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoGuru I'll post in here if mine ever gets here. It seems Hong Kong is pretty far from Detroit. Well did you get it yet I still how to see that 5GHZ yet?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tator Tot Well, a PCI GPU would work. But cost much more. You can always cut the back of a PCIe x1 slot so it will hold longer cards and put your card in the PCIe x1 slot. Na thats not the problem the northbridge is right behind my PCI-e slot So I need to get a PCI-e slot on a ribbon cable and I was going to water cool the card anyway amd make a custom mount. I would need a PCI-e slot with a ribbon cable 12 tp 18...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tator Tot The difference between a PCI & PCIe GPU is bandwidth. PCI 32bit = 133MB/s PCI 64bit = 266 MB/s PCIe x1 1.x = 250 MB/s PCIe x1 2.0 = 500 MB/s Ok so your saying tha using PCI is not going to work? OK cool that what I needed to know so a PCI-e 1x is faster then PCI? So I guess I need to find someone that is making those ribbon cables for a PCI-e 1x slot so I can mount the GPU elsewhere but a 1x slot...
Quote: Originally Posted by grunion Not looking so good, pci physx card. I tested 16x vs 1x pci-e with an 8800GT, link. Well I am not using PCI 1X I meant a PCI Your test looks like it was for PCI-e 16x and PCI-e 1x the card I found was regular PCI not PCI-e
Quote: Originally Posted by rockit00 Welcome to the E8700 club adadk! This is verification that the E8700's from Hong Kong are OEM processors. This also verifies a legit seller with a good track record. Congrats and thanks for the info. Yep I am glad to see that these chips where cool. when I first seen the auction I was not to sure the guy was straight. But it seems he was. Congrats to all that score one of these nice little gems