Posts by MrLinky

4,366,850 for me. How many bits of identifying information did your test come up with? In both 64-bit Waterfox and 32-bit Chromium, mine reported 22.06 bits of identifying information.
The 9800GT will draw up to 150 75 watts of power through the PCI-E 2.0 slot (which has to go through the 24-pin motherboard connector to get there).Pics showing which two pins would indeed help. I also suspect it's the PSU.Edit: I believe it's 75 watts.
The temperature at which throttling begins is determined by the motherboard, right? I usually see settings to set the temperature at which (or completely remove) throttling happens in the BIOS of higher-end motherboards. The 90C shutdown is probably hard-coded in the CPU though.
I'm guessing this is the reason, although the company is Asetek I'd like to see how having the pump hanging off the end of the radiator affects where it can be mounted.
Thanks, but I was thinking of an 8150 to see if this thermal margin added up to the officially-listed 61C. If it doesn't, and AOD implies that 70C is the throttle limit (like Vishera), we'd have a mystery on our hands .
Interesting. I'll have to investigate this further when my motherboard comes back from RMA. Does anybody have a screenshot of an 8150 showing its thermal margin and package temp side-by-side?
There is no officially published spec for Vishera temperatures. Even the product page for the FX-8350 has a blank field for the maximum temperature. The product page for the FX-8150, which is almost identical to the 8350, stipulates 61C.The only other official bit of info I can find is an email from Alex Cromwell, the Senior Technology Director at AMD. He specifically states:Vishera processors will be fine running over 62C. Just make sure you haven't disabled any of...
Tcase is the specification for the Package temperature (also called "Core"). This is the 62C maximum temperature everybody quotes for the Vishera CPUs. Tjunction is the specification for the Socket temperature (also called "CPU"). This is the 70C maximum temperature everybody quotes for the Vishera CPUs. Intel processors have a separate digital thermal sensor on every core. It's why we call them core temps and why core temp readings on Intel processors vary from core...
Cooling is everything with these Visheras. My 8350, which has been doing 5GHz happily for a year now (water cooling) couldn't even manage 4.4GHz when I was using a crappy air cooler. No matter what I tweaked or how much vcore I gave it, once that package temperature (incorrectly called core temps) hit mid-60s, BSODs and freezing everywhere. I've seen 8320s and 8350s running stress tests at 5GHz on low-end Gigabyte and Asrock 990FX motherboards (although overheating VRMs...
This. Unwinder is citing specific, verifiable examples. Evga's response was basically "Nuh-uh!".Unwinder can rude and arrogant sometimes, but I'm siding with him on this one. Hopefully all of this copy-paste work was by a lazy dev and not a conscious EVGA decision. I love EVGA products but if everything said so far is true, I might have to get an ASUS motherboard when Haswell-E arrives.