Posts by MrLinky

Interesting change. I wonder if they did this for future compatibility with something other than traditional RAM.
I just moved my Windows 10 Home SSD from an Intel X99 setup to my new AMD X370 PC. It would bluescreen on startup, so I booted into safe mode, installed the AMD drivers and restarted normally. Once I installed the WiFi drivers, Windows did a license check and all is good. As others have said, it is best to reinstall Windows after such a big change, but I've moved between Intel and AMD installations in the past without any major issues.
So this "motherboard lights on but nothing else working" problem randomly happens after being on OR off for more than a day? Any numbers/letters on the Q-Code display? Try removing the motherboard battery, unplugging the PSU, pressing the power button (to drain any residual power in the capacitors) and waiting a few hours. Then put the battery back in, reconnect the PSU and clear the CMOS again. If it boots, great. If not, repeat these steps but also remove all...
You bet! Thanks for posting that, I had forgotten to note the block wasn't available anymore.
$599 price seems to be the new MSRP: https://blog.vive.com/us/2017/08/21/htc-vive-announces-price-drop/ So what do you guys think? Good buy or will the Vive 2 be out in 6 months?
Correct. If memory serves, the 2800 MHz profile has the same timings as the 2666 one, but with higher voltage.
Parting out my X99 build. Selling my Seasonic Platinum fully modular PSU and its cables: 1x 8-pin CPU cable, 1x 4+4 pin CPU cable, 4x SATA power cables, 2x 6+2-pin PCIe cables, 2x 4-pin Molex cables and 1x 3-pin AC power cable.NOTE: It is missing two of the four 6+2 PCIe cables. See this thread about buying replacements, if you need them: http://www.overclock.net/t/1256457/where-to-buy-extra-seasonic-platinum-cables/0_20NOTE: A few of the cables may be a little dusty...
Parting out my X99 build. Selling my Samsung SM951 SSD: this is an AHCI (not NVMe) drive. I haven't run any health/error check programs on it recently, but it wasn't used hard so it should be in great condition.Newegg link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147425Asking $80 shipped [[SPOILER]]
Parting out my X99 build. Selling my 980Ti with original fan cooler and EK Acetal/Nickel Titan X fullcover water block. This combo comes with EVGA backplate, stickers, manuals, posters, dvi to vga adapter, molex to pci-e adapter, EK backplate, EK TIM and EK water block mounting hardware.NOTE: I have lost some of the backplate mounting hardware for both the Evga and EK coolers. The mounting hardware for the coolers themselves are included, but you'll have to find some...
Selling my 95mm Noctua tower cooler. Bought this for my mITX Ryzen build but my motherboard won't allow me to mount it in the direction I want. Includes second Noctua fan for push/pull, complete NM-AM4-UxS mounting kit for AM4 installations and all the accessories (rubber fan screws, 4-pin extension, low noise adapters, tim, screwdriver, 4-pin splitter, fan clips and manuals).Newegg...