Posts by MrLinky

Hit the nail on the head. Plus, doesn't Denuvo offer a refund option if a game is cracked within X number of days of release?Edit: refund to the developer/publisher, of course.
Am I the only one who images how proprietary and unnecessary-specialized technology like this will affect survivors of a post-apocalyptic world? Image this: society collapses but most machinery remains intact. A group of survivors happens upon a simple tractor but, because it hasn't run in a few years, refuses to start because it needs a proprietary John Deere unlock code that tells the tractor it has been serviced by a certified John Deere technician. Or a gun that...
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2982965/components/quad-channel-ram-vs-dual-channel-ram-the-shocking-truth-about-their-performance.html
I have a 4-year-old SS-650KM and a 2.5-year-old SS-760XP2. Both are still running great to this day, despite powering PCs pulling more than their rated wattage during the LTC mining craze. I can't pick a favorite because every Seasonic PSU I've had has exceeded my expectations!
Except problem not solved, as laptops with these CPUs are much more likely to be lost or stolen, putting them in the hands of an attacker. It may even be as simple as a victim leaving their laptop unattended for 15 seconds while they get up to get their coffee at a coffee shop. Unfortunately, not plugging unknown USB devices in doesn't solve the problem.The article even hypothesizes that this could be done at the point of manufacture, before the PC is delivered to the...
If you limit yourself to just gaming PCs, then yes, 4K has a low percentage of market share. But if you take into account TVs and monitors for non-gaming purposes, that percentage changes drastically. Generally speaking, technology advances faster every year, so I won't be surprised when the next five years holds greater change than the previous five.I should have said "8K will be the norm popular in five years". Norm might imply majority, which was not my intention. ...
Gotta start somewhere. Less than five years ago, people were saying "There's no point in 4K right now. No idea why they would do such thing"... and just look at the popularity of 4K monitors and TVs now. In another five years, high-end 8K monitors and TVs will be the norm.
Nominated for the genuinely best necro I have ever seen... award
Most likely. If it is a mini ITX or Flex ITX form factor PSU, it will be loud and annoying, just FYI.
Because official XP support ended with Ivy Bridge, installing XP on anything newer becomes very... interesting. What are the chances you'll find an XP AHCI driver for your shiny new Union Point chipset? Not knocking XP, I understand a lot of classic games only run on XP or older. But someone could upgrade to a used i5 2500k with motherboard and RAM for less money and much better compatibility. Or, if they insisted on having an overclockable dual-core, a Clarkdale (i5...