Posts by MrLinky

I have a question for VR headset owners: what is the picture quality like? I've only ever tried VR through my Galaxy S7, and although it was fun, low resolution (screen door effect?) and significant blur everywhere except the very center of my vision turned me off pretty quick.
Excellent points. Ever since motherboards started automatically adjusting settings other than RAM timings when choosing a SPD/XMP profile, I've always had to go back and fix the voltages, multipliers/ratios and other settings that were, annoyingly, adjusted for me.However, the problem is you can't load the advertised timings from the XMP profile unless you have an Asus motherboard. This means that, best-case scenario, you get a complete list of primary, secondary and...
Of course the price/performance ratio will be a major factor here, but so is overclocking headroom. The 5960X runs at 3GHz (3.3GHz boost) and 99% of them can reach 4GHz. The good ones are capable of 4.4GHz and the best can hit >4.6GHz. If stock Zen can match a stock 5960X at a competitive price, great, but I'd be disappointed if it didn't at least have the same OC headroom.
Hopefully this doesn't start a bad trend of components being artificially limited to certain motherboards...
If the change happens slow enough, too few people will notice/care to make a difference.Do Bethesda games count? I know I got more hours out of Fallout and Elderscrolls expansions than most single player games/campaigns.
The lesson to be learned here, summed up in one sentence: let the game makers design the games, not the publisher. I started reading this article, expecting Microsoft to ruin things from day one. Instead, it seems like Microsoft was reasonably hands-off for Fable 1, 2 and 3... and surprise surprise, the games were profitable and well-liked. Then, Microsoft started telling Lionhead how to make a game; free-to-play, cross-platform, multiplayer, DX12, etc. Pretty much the...
As much as I'd like to hop aboard the Ubisoft hate train, this is a fair point. Just about every multiplayer game (past, present and future) has had cheaters. Of course, the severity of, and developer response to said cheating are what separate the good games from the bad.This is also why I prefer single player games.
With as many movies and TV episodes I have on my little 4TB fileserver, I must encode . It's also the excuse I used to buy a 5960X.I use MPC-HC on my desktop, but VLC on my MBP. I've heard of MadVR in passing, but never paid much attention... I'll have to check it out.
Does MakeMKV transcode the video or just put it into an .mkv container?
You should download it via Torrent, it looks like their website was hacked again today: