Posts by MrLinky

If the change happens slow enough, too few people will notice/care to make a difference.Do Bethesda games count? I know I got more hours out of Fallout and Elderscrolls expansions than most single player games/campaigns.
The lesson to be learned here, summed up in one sentence: let the game makers design the games, not the publisher. I started reading this article, expecting Microsoft to ruin things from day one. Instead, it seems like Microsoft was reasonably hands-off for Fable 1, 2 and 3... and surprise surprise, the games were profitable and well-liked. Then, Microsoft started telling Lionhead how to make a game; free-to-play, cross-platform, multiplayer, DX12, etc. Pretty much the...
As much as I'd like to hop aboard the Ubisoft hate train, this is a fair point. Just about every multiplayer game (past, present and future) has had cheaters. Of course, the severity of, and developer response to said cheating are what separate the good games from the bad.This is also why I prefer single player games.
With as many movies and TV episodes I have on my little 4TB fileserver, I must encode . It's also the excuse I used to buy a 5960X.I use MPC-HC on my desktop, but VLC on my MBP. I've heard of MadVR in passing, but never paid much attention... I'll have to check it out.
Does MakeMKV transcode the video or just put it into an .mkv container?
You should download it via Torrent, it looks like their website was hacked again today:
Not at all. It's odd that the only examples I can find online look awful.
Missed this post, so I'm replying out of order...I might be able to get a picture soon, but everything I've used press nuts on is installed in an aircraft currently.I agree, that's a bad example of a press nut. It looks like he de-burred the hole or really messed up when drilling it. There should be no sanding needed; just drill a clean hole, press in the nut and you are good to go.
True, PCs don't vibrate much. Nylocs being re-used depends on who you ask. I've talked with several FAA-certified A&Ps about this and they say it's okay. True, a basic but reliable rivet squeezer starts around the $75 mark, it seems. The arbor press works great, but makes getting to spots near bends difficult.
I've only ever used a plain 'ol rivet squeezer, like the one I posted earlier, which can be found for pretty cheap. I haven't used a setting tool, so I'm not sure what else it does And I didn't think of it until you posted that link for push nuts, but OP could simply use some Nyloc nuts: like a regular, removable nut that won't come loose over time.