Posts by MrLinky

Guys with 5960Xs, what are your motherboard VRM temps like? Even with a 120mm fan blowing on mine, running Prime95 at just 4.3GHz makes the heatsink almost too hot to touch.
Sad face. When did 8 Pack post that? I was really hoping to get the EVGA X99 Micro for my 5960X but it looks like EVGA still has a lot of work to do with the BIOS. I guess I'll get the ASRock X99M Killer instead.Hexus.net has a brief review of a pre-built Scan rig that uses the X99 Micro:
Waiting to buy my 5960X until a review comparing EVGA X99 Micro and ASRock X99M motherboards comes out.
Same here, although I'm sure that my approximate location is still being recorded somewhere from my cellular signal and WiFi connections.
How much of the 1930s racism will be in this game? Surprising to hear they will try to port it to a console from the '80s. Does this kind of thing happen a lot but it never makes it into video game news?
I predict we will see 8 memory slots on all X99 motherboards except mATX and the absolute cheapest of ATX motherboards. I'm betting the performance hit of adding switches is either so small that it doesn't matter or that the switches are not active if you only have 4 DIMMs installed.The feature/selling point of having 8 memory slots on a motherboard will probably far outweigh the cost and loss of performance that switches and additional traces bring... despite how few X99...
Haven't Unix and Linux operating systems used virtual desktops since, like, the '80s? I probably won't use this feature but it's good to see Microsoft returning to a more traditional UI for PCs.
Why are international release dates typically three days after North America? Oh, and SWEET!
I agree. The rear I/O looks fantastic but the southbridge is just ugly (it's not simple enough to be "clean and professional" nor is it flashy enough to be "gamer") and those VRM heatsinks look like they would be better at insulating than cooling.If it has voltage read points though, I'll consider it. Also, no 90-degree 24-pin ATX connector .
What does that mean? If it was a driver causing the freezing, and you reinstalled a bunch of drivers again, I'd say we're back to where we started.