Posts by edalbkrad

great idea, poor choice of colors I expect everyone who plays this will get eye pain within minutes
Wish they made it 1.8ghz clockspeed at least. im in the market for a backup netbook but 1.4ghz dualcore would be too slow
Rendering is not really a problem since the Vray plugin is well optimized to use all cores. Its the Sketchup program that really lags both on his athlon x4 and my fx6100. This is why I'm thinking of going with 2 cores with very high clocks over 4 cores at 3ghz. Budget would be around $350. We can reuse his old 500gb HDD and 4GB DDR3 1333.
My bro is asking me to build him a faster rig for Sketchup 2014 Pro with Vray for rendering. His current PC is an Athlon X4, 4GB RAM, HD3650 I did some tests with his sketchup 8, and compared to my sig rig, there is hardly any difference. If the 2014 version is also single threaded then which CPU will perform better? 1. Pentium G3258 overclocked with air cooling 2. i3 4150 3. i5 4440 SSD? GPU? dont know if it makes a difference
I'm sure even your old HD6870 was already being bottlenecked by that A6-5400k. Anything faster than an HD6670 will be heavily bottlenecked by current amd dualcore cpus and intel pentiums except for the haswell generation. The least you can do is get a quadcore athlon for your board. But for a 6970. I'd get at least an i3 3220 or FX4300
Your psu is fine for 4ghz. Its actually the motherboard that will break first before the psu. The board doesnt have vrm cooling so I wouldnt run that higher than 4.2ghz for long periods. My fx6100 could reach 4.8ghz but I only run at 4ghz because of my crappy board
keep your board and get an ivy bridge i5. It will be cheaper but faster than those two options.
in your screenshot above, its the cpu over voltage. change the auto to 1.36 then run prime95 test. If you get bluescreen or error, gradually increase it until the cpu is stable. you'll need somewhere between 1.36 to 1.40 vcore for 4ghz, since not all cpus are the same and some require higher vcore to be stable
Just set cpu multiplier to 20x, leave the bus speed at the default 200, and you'll get 4.0 Ghz. Enable cool and quiet and disable coreC6state. Run prime95 for 15 minutes and see if you'll get problems. If you get an error or bluescreen, you need to increase cpu vcore. I haven't overclocked my fx6100 in a long time so I dont remember the settings exactly. I think you'll need at least 1.36 cpu vcore for 4.0 Ghz. You'll need somewhere around 1.4 to 1.45 vcore for 4.5 Ghz.
HD7790, R7 260X, GTX650ti, GTX750ti will provide high settings in any game at 720p. I cant guarantee that those cards can max anything. There are some games that still require more juice to get 60fps at max. Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light will probably need at least an R9 270X to get 60FPS at 720p. I have an HD7730 right now that can only handle 30FPS with Thief 4 at low setting 1080p. I tried changing to 720p and I got 60FPS. So if you dont wanna spend much, even an...