Posts by superj1977

Depends where you got your recommened from i suppose You would be shocked at how high qpi/vtt can be run safely long term.Myself i have to run it very high for 4.4Ghz, something like 1.55v qpi/vtt . Although XMP will recommend a qpi/vtt thats with a CPU stock clock, higher CPU clock and XMP reccomended qpi/vtt goes out the window.I have run qpi/vtt well above recommended for years now with not a single issue but cooling is important and i have always been on custom water...
Good to hear its all working then
If thats 1.5Vcore then somethings wrong.With the i7 950 and that mobo i would expect no less than 4.3Ghz HT enabled with less than 1.45Vcore.For 1.45Vcore i can get 4.4Ghz HT enabled or 4.5Ghz HT disbaled. Now i know not all CPU are the same with overclocking but the i7 950 has an advantage over my i7 930 as it has a higher multiplier and you should really be able to get higher clocks than me because of the multiplier.I notice you have a lot of ram, i have 16GB and noticed...
They sure did, it was deffinetly added to my account but when i checked back a few minutes later it had been removed, cheers anyway
Sweet. Keep us updated man
Been here, done it Worked out well for me, i run 2x fans on 1 PWM header and another x2 fans on another PWM header. Like people have said already, find out what the header will support in load, then find out what your fans use. One bit of information thats important and very difficult to find is what your fans use on first spin up. When you first spin up a fan it will actually use a higher load to first get turning, then load drops. This information of load on spin up is...
I get an ugly desktop and bad text appearance with parts of text missing or displayed very weird but in game looks fine, for my desktop just usual downsampling looks much better, not sure why.
Like they dont already Its all preference i suppose though, myself i would have higher frame rate over detail in an FPS or fast moving game any day of the week.
4xx Fermi series on, not available for earlier
Yes, this is the tenth day since people realised that there was an SLi issue with DSR.You can see people talking about it on the 1st page of this thread.EDIT:Its already out but not sure if they fixed SLi for DSR on Maxwell though, i cant test as i dont have the GPU' needed to test