Posts by superj1977

IS the motherboard capable of overclocking? Does it have bios settings for voltage etc? What PSU you using?
Vcore.Whats it set at?BSOD 0124 or 101 could be low vcore.System specs etc please
Doubt that i7 930 is going any were just yet Mines been overclocked to 4.3Ghz since just after Bloomfield launch, solid, no issues here but its been kept cool all that time under water. Skylake looks ok if you just wanted to upgrade now though. Im just gona grab an X5670 off eBay in few weeks and run it high as i can until my mobo pops (5 years old) then upgrade
NP m9
What GPU do you use? NVMBoth AMD and Nvidia are there in the left column
The one you linked....i doubt GTAV will even launch at all due to not meeting minimum requirements. As for upgrades, likely out the window for a quad due to chipset used. Its gona take something a lot more powerful to even start the game up. An FM2 AMD quad at minimum i would say, i talk from playing GTAV on an AMD quad overclocked. For peak as you say then i would say get an Intel i7 build?GTX 970/ 290X
I have a Vapor X in my sons rig. It has a dodgy fan, it only comes on after about 60% load and the bearing feels like its damaged. I looked at doing similar but its a case of finding the right fans, although the stock fans seems small they are very powerful, have good CFM and not many alternatives same size with same spec. For the replacement fan to fit to the shroud its about £20 to the UK ordered off eBay. I may try this at some point in the future but im concerned...
Search for this topic, your not alone Its happened before but seems to be the older models. I found this while searching for a solution to mine that broke. Mine was non explosive though Like i say, look on here i know there are others that had the exploding XSPC Dual bay res/pump
In this case sadly not.Load the CPU and then post screenshots. iirc temps for your CPU will not show as actual until under load. Just the way the sensor works in your CPU.