Posts by b3machi7ke

I'll continue to trust LastPass over anything else if I want to store any passwords. I've been using Vivaldi for a little while now, and while it's not bad, I just don't see anything great about it, anything that makes me WANT to switch. The difference between IE/FF/Chrome/Safari just isn't there. I don't think it looks much better, nor does it render any faster. I don't see any features in this (yet) that I can't get in the other browsers. I'm not a "power browser",...
Well...So according to this you could load it with whatever you wanted
Derp...forgot the sourceI thought this was pretty neat stuff, incredible how they fit everything in there like that. I realize that smartphones are getting more and more powerful and that this requires a monitor to use. But I personally thought that building a PC around the framework of a mouse was really neat, much easier to carry around a mouse than a laptop or tablet.
Looking for a cheap AMD card to use for installations of Linux. The newer versions (for me at least) all come with the nouveau driver installed, and I can't run it long enough to install the proprietary drivers for NVIDIA, the OS just crashes. Happens on Ubuntu/Mint/Fedora/CentOS/etc... Most people I've seen/talked to have said just grab an AMD card, it'll work so I can install the drivers to get my NVIDIA card up and running. So I'm looking to spend 30 bucks shipped,...
Home phone is different than mobile phone number though. My wife and I still have a home phone number and line, and we get spammed all the time. We have NEVER given the number out, and it still gets spammed. We give our cell out to everyone everywhere, and I think I've gotten maybe two phone calls that were spam/telemarketing. Maybe this will change eventually, but as of now I don't know of anyone personally that has any issues getting telemarketers or spam calls to...
Cookies I would assume? Once you authenticate, it gives you a cookie and every time you come back to that website or a website with this platform it will search for it. If it doesn't find it, it will prompt for identification or authentication again. At least, that's a guess of one way it would work. So every time you clear your cache/cookies/logins/etc from the browser, it'll wipe it out and prompt you for that one-time code when you log in. They could have the...
Could someone? Yes.Is it easy? I don't think so. Unfortunately spoofing cell numbers and getting a text message intended for someone else is outside my knowledge base so I can't comment more than my gut instinct. But I don't think it's very easy to do...
I think we could go round and round here, so while I do agree that the accounts are secured to an extent, the point stands that in this case if you use your phone to access Twitter they would have to unlock your phone first. Many people I know don't actually have PINS, I've seen my phone's "facial recognition" be unlocked by people other than me, and there have been many exploits that can bypass lockscreens, so while the chances are low of it happening to you I would...
What? If someone can access a device, then assume that device (and any information it contains) has been compromised. People don't sign in to social media/banking/email every time they pull up an app, all that stuff is saved on your phone to begin with. So if someone can access your device, that means they have the ability to access every (or almost every) piece of data on that device. And some apps (like Tapatalk) make it even nicer because all the account information...
Rule 101 of Security. Anytime anyone has physical access to your device, assume it has been compromised.