Posts by b3machi7ke

Points taken, and fair enough
I've read through it a couple times now. First off, it seems my understanding of European government is incorrect or I am uninformed about how European government works. I simply assumed that the European Union and any commissions that were associated with them would be considered governmental agencies. So I suppose I used government too loosely, I should better understand what the commission and union are before making such conclusions, I'll grant you that and thank...
This is so stupid. It's called parenting. Since when do we expect the government to parent people's children for them? If your kid makes IAPs with your credit card, take their device away. Don't let them use your CC. Make them get a job and pay you back for any unnecessary charges they run up. I mean, I don't know the best way to parent or raise someone's kid, but that's the point. No one knows (or should know) their kids better than the parents themselves. Do...
It is better to not ask, if you do not already know. Once you know who he is, you can never go back...
But that makes the Brits feel like second-class citizens, because their language is being differentiated...oh noez... :tear:I mean, it's not like there are multiple dialects/version of other languages right? I mean, Spanish is Spanish right? I'm sure all the Chinese speak the same language as well. No country or company deals well with being told what to do. The difference is that the US and its companies are the only ones singled out and bashed for it.::edit:: You're...
wow, this thread has derailed in a hurry.
And the only thing I can offer back is that I work with not-small systems as well, although our availability is probably less than Comcast, and Comcast's operation is certainly larger than the one I work in, probably by a couple of factors. I completely understand not being able to always relay experience from a forum post, because there are always people in online forums smarter than "the experts", you see that every day when someone makes a news post about quantum...
Sorry, but no it's not. You have test systems for this very purpose, test the patch and see how it affects your test system. If it breaks it, figure out why and reapply. When you no longer break your test environment, you apply it to a small subset of servers in the operational environment. Does it break those servers in operations? If so, roll it back, if it doesn't break then push them out. It's not that complicated. Other corporations managed to plug up the hole,...
No, just no. There is no defending of Comcast, because this vulnerability was known and should have been resolved two months ago!! It is not a difficult vulnerability to resolve, and the fact that Comcast said nothing and did nothing about it cannot be defended. This is absolutely pathetic, a clear violation of its customer's trust. They were even notified, as with most vendors, and chose to do NOTHING about it.
With what budget?? Their budget is continually getting stripped down to almost nothing, and they still manage to do some incredible things. Don't get mad at people potentially helping to advance a field, get mad at the government for spending so much money in the wrong places