Posts by b3machi7ke

/thread
My interpretation is that it's 1-3 bucks altogether and then each site gets a cut of what you contribute...I disagree, I think there a lot of people today that would be more than willing to pay money to prevent companies (and in turn gov't) from pulling a lot of personal data. If it could be verified that a site doesn't collect any data on me other than what I choose to provide to it (eg, when making a purchase/order), I would certainly be willing to pay for that site in...
So this is actually a really interesting idea. There was some discussion I was reading awhile back about how people's craving for "free" stuff is what has lead us into the position we are in today, where people are more than willing to let companies collect things or show advertisements in order to get a "free" game or service. If people were more willing to pay for things, even a small amount, the theory is that there would be significantly less data collection/tracking...
but a service using a service doesn't mean they are the same...Example, https://startpage.com is "enhanced by Google" but it doesn't make startpage's searches any better or the same as Google's. Google's searches are still better than startpage searches I think, so I'd imagine it's possible that yahoo might be the same. I dunno, I guess I didn't even know yahoo was still a thing, give it a try and see I suppose...
Bing > Yahoo
Agreed, storage is one of the most common upgrades, but I don't know any of my Mac friends that have tried to install a new SSD to their MacBooks. Granted, I've only a handful of them (less than two dozen?) so admittedly it's a terribly small sample size. I don't think Apple has been "tolerant" of upgrades tbh, although again as a non-Mac owner I can't speak from personal experience. But I don't think it's ever been easy or encouraged for users to make...
*shrug* I guess I don't get the big deal? Apple has never claimed to be a company that embraces solutions or hardware from other companies. It's always been "Apple's way or the highway" for a long time, they make no false pretenses about it. People don't buy a MBP to mod or customize it, and I'd wager that most people aren't looking to add additional SSDs to their computers, so quite frankly the majority of Apple's users aren't going to notice this. Maybe I'm missing...
I don't care how much meat you do or don't eat, how does one not realize that fish are animals?
Why?Everything is monitored by the Feds, it's a matter of how much work they have to do to figure out who you are and what you're doing. If you don't use Tor it's a lot easier for them to track you and your footprints. Tor makes them work harder to do the same thing, so if you want to keep yourself somewhat secure then keep on using Tor. If you give them enough of a reason to, they'll eventually be able to figure out who you are and what you're doing (if the events of...
If you love yourself privacy and don't want to be snooped on, I don't think Chrome is the browser of choice.....................