Posts by b3machi7ke

{sarcasm tags not detected}No, I don't think reusable bags are a waste at all, nor do I think they did it for nothing. Plastic bags are but one area of many that use plastics, so any amount that we do reduce our plastic consumption is a good thing. Just because we are using more reusable bags doesn't mean there aren't other areas where people are still using an abundance of plastic that this research could help.Maybe, maybe not. The only way to know if it will help, or...
I doubt they'd turn into mutated/plastic pollen butterflies. The article says they break the plastic down into ethylene glycol, which I don't think is necessarily a good thing. At the same time, if you are able to contain them in a dome or some sort of filtration system that is able to further break down the ethylene glycol, then even better.I think it's certainly a good thing for us to be careful with, but given our massive problems when it comes to plastics and...
tbh, this whole thread has been pretty much this.
SourceSo this is huge, I think. Especially the main point of it being able to break down that much that quickly, it could really have major ramifications globally...
What a stupid comment."Let's compare the starting price of product A to the most expensive price of product B" (derp)I can easily build out a 7-series that is over 100k as well as buy a Model S that is substantially less than the BMW's starting price of 82k. What's your point.Right, care to define "many" for us? Because according to http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/ "many" appears to be ~20k a year.No, but they certainly sell a helluva lot more than...
It's possible I have you confused with another user then, it's been almost 2 years (perhaps more) since i've been on OCN, i just remember the username honestly. Perhaps I was thinking of another topic. either way, good to know I'm not crazy that some companies do that and good to know it's not as easy to pull off 'in the wild' as compared to a company
So I've been around long enough, I know your networking knowledge far surpasses what I'll probably ever know. But I thought if somehow they required you to install a cert in your browser (or as trusted cert/chain or something along those lines) then they can basically read any/all traffic that's sent over https. Basically, like what a lot of employers do on their corporate networks. Or am I misunderstanding how an ISP-cert installed in your browser/router would...
*shrug* IDC, someone asked how people were still getting ahold of valid Windows 7 licenses/keys, I simply provided a quick link showing there were valid retailers selling valid keys, it's still possible to obtain W7 legitimately. Read the thread and quotes and understand the context of the comment. *sigh* practice what you preach i suppose, didn't even check who i responded to.People probably prefer W7 over W10 because of privacy concerns among other reasons. IDC about...
Well here's one source that took about 5 seconds to find...