Posts by b3machi7ke

I mean, to be fair, they did go out of their way to say this was not a real world scenario, it was a basic buffer overflow, and that it would be incredibly complicated/complex to pull off. I think this is more another step (as they said in the end) of the crossing over between the biological and digital realms.I mean, in theory, is it really impossible for a scenario like Bones to actually happen? what happens when you can transcribe a massive and complicated...
To be fair, there is still a lot of work left to be done, this is in no way a depiction of a current, real world attack/threat vector...Source
what are mine? or the OP's? I have no idea what mine are, I don't really OC anymore, and my cranky old i7 had too much voltage pushed through it when i was first learning OC'ing so it's higher than it should have to be to run at stock clocks. But with my monster NH-D14 I'm sure the temps are probably pretty good, I suppose I should look it up tonight. Maybe I'll even fiddle around with trying to lower the voltage or OC'ing it a bit for fun, I need a good weekend...
I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding your question, so apologies if I miss the mark here. But I use the same one drive account across 4 different PCs without issue. three laptops and one desktop. At one point I also had my Windows Phone hooked into it as well, I haven't tried using my iPhone w/ it yet. But I don't see any problems with using multiple devices for the same one drive account...
It certainly doesn't hurt to have the matching fans, their curve should be about as close as you're going to get. I personally don't worry about positive or negative pressure, I just blow the computer out every month or so, and I've got filters on the fan intakes that typically prevent a lot of junk from getting into the case.But yes, in theory, if you have the same volume of air leaving that you do coming in, that's a pretty good formula for positive pressure
the thing is the heat sink is blocking the air from the 2nd CPU fan. So you already don't have a clean air stream going from the 2nd fan to the exhaust fan. Any slight amount that you're off is really inconsequential IMO, you're just fine. The only thing you can do is get a better fan that moves more CFM if you're worried about how much air is escaping. short of modding your case you wouldn't be able to fix that offset anyway
I have a thing about opening unknown files from unknown people on internet forums but from the sounds of it your airflow isn't an issue at all. I mean, I have my Noctua CPU fans blowing right at my exhaust fan and I've never had any issues. I've also got a super awesome case with great airflow so ymmv of course. You could always spring for 15 bucks and get yourself a super nice exhaust case fan, Noctua makes some great case fans that would compliment your CPU cooler...
For rendering, threads > clock speed. So even if your speeds are slower, you have at least 4 more cores (8 threads) with the 2011, plus you've got the extra 12GB of RAM. If you've already got the 2011 set up coming, I'd just stick with that. More threads + more RAM > fewer threads with less RAM, especially for rendering.
amen.This is the ONLY (or one of the few) downsides of not having dedicated audio stores, or B&M stores, and everything being online. While some places have decent return policies, as a consumer you're often stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am totally okay spending good money on a good set of cans that i like. But I don't have money to just buy many different sets to find one that I enjoy the sound of and find comfortable while taking risks on return policies.I...
Looking to replace my aging OCZ PSU. I snagged it when it first came out, it's been a solid performer for me. but I've downsize, and moved my computer so now it's out of the office and the wife has noticed the noise and has informed me it's time to make it quiet(er). So currently I'm running a GTX580 (wish i could sell but probably not worth the money anymore) and an original i7-920. So I don't need a ton of power, I just need it to be efficient and quiet. Probably...