Posts by ComGuards

Well, the K4000M is apparently about 4x faster in raw benchmarks, so yeah, it would be better to go with that one. The 4th-gen Intel I7 would also be better, etc. If you can afford either one, then the HP Zbook would be the obvious choice, no? Or you can just save up a bit more money and buy a current-generation system that's got Intel 7th- or 8th-gen CPU with graphics card to match.
I doubt anybody can give you any sort of realistic answer for your question since it's such a specific question. Not to mention I don't think it's particularly tech-savvy to be pairing a Macbook Air with a GTX 1070 card, regardless of external connection interface; the CPU would likely be the bottleneck. Best advice - check the return policy and read the Amazon reviews. But really now - gaming on a 2014 Macbook Air?
Log shows that the system is complaining about constant "buffer I/O error" on the USB disks. Could be cable, could be the system doesn't like working with docks. You might want to contact Asus support on this one. They may be able to advise whether or not mutli-disk docks are supported, or you can only connect single HDDs per USB port. I honestly have zero experience with USB HDDs connected to routers. Other people may be able to advise. You don't happen to have a...
Which mobile hotspot do you have?
My bad; got my Hypervisors mixed up . I was thining Xenserver, not virtualbox. Must have been really hangry when I posted that.
Does it have to be PCI-e? Do you have *any* old school PCI slots on the motherboard? Any ancient PCI graphics card would be enough to get through POST / ESXi installation...
These are *not* gaming laptops. The Quadro cards in them lag far behind any modern gaming laptop that's got a 10-series GPU. That being said, you can upgrade RAM on the system to 32GB if you want (Assuming it's a quad-core model with 4 RAM slots), and you can replace the optical drive with a second HDD caddy, for an additional SSD. I believe it may also take a mSATA SSD (though that might run only at SATA2 speeds). You should get Thinkpad-specific BluRay drive; or...
It would have been perfect for me if Asus had managed to slap in at least a nVidia 10-series MaxQ GPU; but the 940mx doesn't sound *too* bad... Did you perchance, do any gaming on the system?
I do this using Mailbird Pro against all my email accounts (Google Apps & MS Outlook.com accounts)... set up on my all my desktops and a bunch of my laptops. If your systems are all Windows 10, or they all at least have Office 2013 with Outlook, you can just connect Outlook 2013 to any Microsoft email account. With Windows 10, the native email client connects to Microsoft email accounts by default.
Windows 2012 R2 Essentials is basically the old "Windows Small Business Server" versions with the Exchange and SQL portions ripped out. You're still installing a domain controller and all that. If your test environment doesn't require a domain for testing, there's no point going with the Essentials version. IMO Standard edition would probably suit your needs better and be more flexible. I've used VirtualBox in the past; didn't really like it. Especially the whole part...