Posts by jjjc_93

GIGABYTE are now renowned for their overclocking series of boards that manage not only to appeal to the extreme overclocker, but also the serious gamer or power user. The Z87 and Z97 boards managed to achieve this, and now for the first time since X58 the OC line-up has come back to an X chipset, Intel’s “main” platform, X99. The board comes package in a nice and large premium box, as often seen in GIGABYTE’S top tier boards. The back of the board features a nice...
Nice work Steponz, look forward to seeing the ln2 results
Likewise, waiting for a delivery
My 6.5-6.6ghz 4770k clocks exactly the same on the Z97-SOC Force compared to Z87X-OC. Likewise same on Z97 Gene as Z87. The extra phases that have been left out were never needed. Memory clocks improved marginally on Z97 for me, but overall much the same between the two chipsets.
I have been working with the M7 Gene myself lately and it has been a great PSC overclocker. Impact looks to be even better, but with a higher price tag. Asrock Z97 ocf is getting results as well.
See if you can find L318 4770k batch, sounds like it is pretty late batch and there are a few gems around rocking that batch number.
Oh we're on the same page dude, benching on other vendors is easier (and don't have to worry about random zaps so much). I was just talking in reference to MSI Z87 vs MSI Z97.
I actually found the PSC overclocking on the Z97 Mpower to be the best I've ever seen from MSI. Unfortunately due to some issues with memory dying I have been put off using the board, even if only for superstition. Efficiency not terrible but not amazing either, no worse than Z87 from my testing.*RTLs are a touch off in that screenshot but I did manage to fix it next boot and the time is not too bad for the OS and waza I was using.Of course with those same sticks I can do...
You can clock PSC on Z87? @Clep