Posts by jjjc_93

Mpower seems to be the real deal this time! 2600 6-9-6 isn't too bad. Couldn't train 2666 c6 this time but I'm on a new chip/imc that didn't do too well on air so I'll need to test another chip. Can't believe I'm binning haswell for imc now
Very nice DJ!
Yup W7 is a major c(l)ock blocker, but it still came out on top when I was playing with pentiums in Taipei with Dino and Sofos. It is nice to hit a nicer score with 200mhz less, but that efficiency in XP would be gold.I'll be very intrigued as to how you go, that board was a dream for us in a certain live comp
Nice Loud, a man who does his testing
You can zombie them, but from the cards that have been modded there has been little to no benefit for them. The reference cards can handle volts, but don't scale very well for some reason. Aftermarket cards like lightning and matrix have been clocking much better on subzero cooling.
It's not impossible to do what you're talking about, but the biggest drawbacks are going to be risking your daily hardware while extreme overclocking, and drying the system between setups. You can use the same backplate and rods for your cooler of choice when switching over, here is a shot of my system while I was testing some cards with CPU on air. Just a simple backplate on top of the cooler to hold it down. Not the prettiest sight, but it does work. Switching over...
The plastic top of the EK pot was a massive design flaw, I cracked mine in the first session of use. Luckily EK moved to an aluminium top and shipped them out for free as replacements The spreaders you do have to be very careful with when screwing down, they could be better.
Had some subzero play this weekend for the first time in a while (aside from events). Played with some cold PSC on Asus M7G, very solid board. I need to dial in some more settings but I was running 2666 6-10-6 so looking good. Also busted out an old 5770 for a play around and took #1 3D01 in my testing. Core is weak, but memory is nice which helps. Can't believe these little red cards are busting out 140k runs now, will need to bring the 580 and 780Ti out soon.
I think it just comes down to not doing them up too tightly. I got some new spreaders a couple of weeks ago and since stripping the first set I have just been gentler with the screws on this one and they're fine - had them on and off plenty.I really like the EK pot, it's what I use now. I haven't tried the ECC pot though. I also have the kingpin pot but I do prefer the EK.
Some Ivy-E CPUs do have a coldbug around the -170c mark, not sure why this is. A few of the lucky clocking chips have CBs even, I think there is one around that benches 6300 at -160.