Posts by jjjc_93

4way 290x has the 3DMark 11 4way WR. Definitely go for 290x if you want to run 4way and bench.
Semi retired at 36? I want a slice of that pie
1300 being the speed reported in CPU-Z, so actually 2600. Not 667mhz, C6 with that speed is easy.
I used -50c and 1.35v for 1350, not sure I like your chances on water
Why so much hate on the epilda memory, can somebody tell me the performance difference or is everyone just going with the flock on this one? I have an epilda card benching 1650mhz memory no problems, same as on most 780s. 780s have a mix of the 2 now that Samsung is unavailable and they both clock similarly with a ~1700 wall. EDIT: Also these vendors buy bundles so to speak, it comes with memory and core together and might not be an issue of cheaping out but instead...
PCCG are actually one of the more expensive places from what I have seen, I get most stuff locally cheaper and that's without shipping factored in. Even CPUs are slightly cheaper local, you'd think with their higher buying/selling volume they would be more competitive.
Anybody using the Asus PT3 bios should keep in mind that the voltage actually runs higher than what you're setting. To combat vdroop 1.3v is actually running at 1.32-1.33, this is from monitoring voltages with a DMM. PT1 should be a better bios for daily users in the sense that the card won't prop up voltages.
It's like Nvidia this time, no shims needed.
Finally got around to doing it and memory is only using 1.5v, not 1.8.Link to album of soldering pics: http://imgur.com/a/Eez3c
It allows for up to 2v, which you do not want to apply so more than enough for water cooling.I'm soldering on my voltage measuring points now so I'll get back to you in a bit with accurate voltages.