Posts by TheReciever

Limiting TDP and encrypting the vBIOS is a good start though...
They are also making MXM riser cards for those that want to run them in SFF solutions or benchmarks in such. (Eurocom)
You mean the E9550?Everything else has been soldered solutions and hardly a common option nor a price reduction relative to its performance.I think Alienware 15/17 and Asus Ryzen 7 laptop are the only ones I can recall at the moment.The RX 580 @ 150w from Eurocom are more interesting in my estimation...
Still doesnt make the RX 580 a replacement for the 290/390....?You want to whine about lack of flagships come on down to the laptop arena where the 7870 has been rebranded since they launched it. (7970m, 8970m, m290x) Its been 5 years since we have had anything new from AMD and now were relying on Eurocom to design the RX 580 MXM boards...
I dont think the RX 580 is meant to replace the 290/390 to begin with...
I really hate EA right now. Was always hoping for a Dead Space 4.
If your still on an i3 then grab a used i7 2600k and a cooler. Overclock to 4.5Ghz+ and you'll have perceivable difference without changing the platform altogether. Then later grab some 2133Mhz DDR3 ram down the road. It would be one thing if you didnt already have the z68 chipset but you already spent the cash for it back then you might as well get your investment out of the chipset.
Now we got people with programmers to unlock the TDP of their pascal MXM cards to achieve their overclocks.Though not being able to flash vBIOS is still limiting things.
Reciever* I always liked not having to delid laptop CPU's :3 such a hassle avoided imho
The forum has a professionalism initiative, while its not an ironclad rule its more or less how most behave and your passive aggressive choice of words is going to turn away anyone that may have something to throw into the discussion. Generally most "best xyz" discussions tend to revolve around general price points and go from there. The issue starts however, when individuals find prices local to them that alter that starting point. Thus change the shape of the debate....