Posts by TheReciever

Fully threaded bro, clock speed will only mitigate the issue you will face.
Oh that's right, thanks for that. I type faster than I think after seeing idiotic posts and 48 hours of not sleep. It was the 780>880 that was just a bump in clocks
Do your research before claiming anything. Claiming that the 6990m is even similar in performance to the 680m is laughable and tells me that you only did a quick Google search and accepted the first forum post as correct. This is not a good practice. The 6990m was similar in performance to the 580m, not the 680m. There is a large gap between the two. Seeing as how the 580m SLI is still less powerful, your claim leaves me confused. Also, by your own link, the 680m is...
I believe the overclocking was fine up to 3.6Ghz and then it starts to consume much more power. In any case, should be fine, as mentioned above
I game just fine on my 500 dollar laptop o.O
I would need the part in question and fiddle with it
Your buying more than just a laptop when it comes to alienware. It has possibly the most flexible warranty in the business. Why deal with double the heat when there is only about a 10-15% difference in performance?
Hey, it cant hurt to dream can it? lol
If the 990m comes to fruition, Im curious if there will be a SLI version as well. That would be a lot of heat to handle though, not to mention a giant brick of a PSU
Basically this ^