Posts by Shub

I got my RMA replacement yesterday, just played an hour of BF4, so far, so good, but more testing is required!
Huh, Silverstone using Seasonic for OEM'ing, that's a first.
Sending the card for RMA tomorrow
I've never touched video card BIOS flashing, and I'd be a bit nervous to do so since my card doesn't have dual BIOS as far as I know. Doesn't that void your warranty anyway? Perhaps I'll check what BIOS version I have and see if there is a more recent version available, and check with EVGA if that's OK to do. At this point I already have an RMA # with them, I just haven't gone through with it yet as I do more testing.
I'm not a hardcore overclocker, but frankly, I've tried overclocking most of the cards I've owned over the past 10 years, every single time the only way I can get it stable is by a tiny worthless overclock. So usually I end up giving up, screw that noise. I can't get this GTX 780 Ti stable beyond +25 MHz, but then again that makes sense since it's not stable at minus 50 MHz anyway.
So just to update this thread, I've been testing mostly with BF4 since that's where my crashes are the most frequent, using various driver versions as early as 332.65, which was the first nVidia driver to officially support the 780 Ti. At the same time I've also downclocked the card from its stock factory overclock of 1006 MHz down by 105 MHz (which is the maximum EVGA Precision X will let me). Not a single crash, and because of this double XP weekend BF4 is having, I've...
Well, BF4 is still crashing with 337.88 and the card at its stock speeds. I've actually been experiencing crashes with BF4 for a lot longer than what I started seeing with Bioshock Infinite earlier in the week, but I was blaming the game, not the card. So I'll clock the card down by 25 MHz and try again but it's late and I have a wedding to attend to tomorrow so testing will have to wait.
Ah, good to know, thanks. It wasn't happening anymore after I installed driver version 335.something so I was wondering if it was a weird fluke, but I went back to 337.88 last night and retried Valley after seeing your comment, and I'm seeing the texture flickering again.So interestingly, after I did clean installs of various driver versions and downclocked the video card by 25 MHz, I'm not able to reproduce the symptoms with Bioshock Infinite. I even set the card back to...
I'm pretty sure the CM Silent Pro Gold 550W is based on FSP's Aurum design and it claims to use all Japanese caps, so it's a small quality improvement over an actual Aurum (which used CapXon caps on the secondary IIRC). Ripple suppression on the FSP Aurum units is pretty meh, so from that perspective, the Seasonic S12II Bronze is a better idea even though it's less efficient, but that will not make a big difference at all in your AC power consumption. Certainly the S12II...
Thanks for the suggestion. I did overclock the CPU when I first got it about a year, but I feel like I recently set it back to its stock clocks because I didn't see the need to overclock it and I wasn't happy with its temperature. I'll have to double check.That's something to keep in mind. I don't think I'm comfortable flashing the card's BIOS, but I could see if decreasing the card's clock from its factory preset helps to save the day. Since I posted this thread, I did...