Posts by sub50hz

By "borrow", do you mean "purchase" as I have previously offered?
X100s have an OVF, with the EVF toggle on the front of the camera where you would expect a frameline lever to be.The X100 is not for anyone who loves to spend money on lenses and fluff, which is probably why there are a ton of them on the used market. You would have to pry mine from my cold, dead hands.
Then why did you accept the work? Amazing.
Fer yer health.
To be fair, I did buy my U2713M in a store.... because Fry's advertised it incorrectly at $350 and Microcenter begrudgingly matched their price.
Yeah, it's been a day, only filthy casuals select something other than next-day shipping. REPORT.
Everybody has their own brand of advice -- most posters here are a little more long-winded than myself, but it comes down to personality more than anything.I work for a large HFT doing system infrastructure and deployment (s/w and h/w) -- the very nature of our business means buying the latest-and-greatest at the drop of a hat, but it's also done with the highest degree of objectivity you could imagine. It's probably why a lot fo my suggestions come off as dickish (and why...
Sounds like insecurity to me.
Is that white Spike Lee?
I think the issue is that the OCN culture is built around buying bleeding edge tech for miniscule gains -- this kind of mentality doesn't usually serve anyone well when buying photography equipment unless you are stupid and flush with cash.