Posts by CTRLurself

1) Google "TakeOwnership" 2) Install it 3) ??? 4) Profit!
That drive should be fine then. And I had to make sure you ran the correct test because other hard drive diagnostics have a "surface test" and it takes 20 minutes and tells you nothing - hence my confusion.
The surface scan is meaningless, you have to run the long test.
For your SATA controller to recognize a RAID, it has to be in RAID mode. This means it is now looking for all disks, including those that are marked as being a member disk in a RAID. If you were to boot a hard drive diagnostic, it queries the SATA controller, and it will report that there is 1 hard drive (your RAID) instead of 3 individual ones. The hard drive diagnostic software will not be able to test this drive properly. It will either say there is no drive, or it...
If your hard drives start making noises they haven't made before - that's bad. 1) Back up all your data externally if possible - you don't know if it's only one drive in the array making the noise, or if multiples are. 2) Run WD Tools - it's about the only hard drive diagnostic that reliably detects and tests RAIDs without a lot of false-failures. 3) If it fails testing as a RAID, you have to isolate the bad drive and replace it - if your RAID control software keeps logs,...
Bad RAM doesn't cause no video output, it causes it to simply not boot. 1) Is it plugged in? Make sure all power plugs are fully populated. 2) Are you sure it's actually completing the POST step and attempting to boot? Does the motherboard have an LED screen or CMOS speaker on it? Does it give you any error codes or POST codes. Does the speaker put out a single beep? Etc. 3) Try the GPU in a different slot on the motherboard. If it's POSTing and there's no video, odds are...
Sorry for the brief break on adding more info - I'll be putting it up in chunks as I have some spare time at work.
From the days of OCing x58 (so it may have changed) there are processor power states, usually C1 or C3 power states - turn these off.
Thanks. I worked there for 4 years - you have no idea how many times I've given that exact speech to people. Seriously. No idea.
Also, when it comes to crash analysis, the stop code, and what was going on when it crashed are all that really matters. The stop code will be something in the form of 0x000000C3 - it's the first hex code about 3/4 of the way down the screen, and all that really matters are the last two characters. They tell exactly what kind of error occurred. If you can catch the system file that was being access when that stop code occurred, all the better.