Posts by Ganf

A little understanding of DNA and RNA goes a long way in determining that GMO products are harmless.You own a marble factory that makes millions of marbles a day in a random quantity between Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Clear. One of the machines develops a hiccup and starts producing a slightly oblong clear marble every couple hours.The factory doesn't notice, because it fell through the filter they use to catch all of the defects.If GMO was going to kill anyone, we'd...
After their marketing department uses the popularity behind the homebrew to justify releasing an HD remake on iOS.
Already done with a single fiber optic cable.http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192929-255tbps-worlds-fastest-network-could-carry-all-the-internet-traffic-single-fiberThe issue is not "can it be done" but "how much does it cost to do it"?
Not quite sure where they stand in the rankings, but NASA is definitely one of the top 10 meteorological researchers in the world. They've been at the forefront of the climate change issue, which is a big part of why the republicans have been cutting NASA's budget at every opportunity.In other words, they're already trying, so this side project shouldn't be an issue.
Can't help but laugh at all of the wincing over the "setup" for the HTC Vive. As if 4 screws and an empty space are just too much to ask from the bourgeoisie gamers who'll be buying it. I remodeled my living room to install my home theater. If I buy any games that are more than cockpit sims that I want to use the Vive for, that I absolutely cannot play in the 10'x10' space in the center of the room, I'll just build an addition and dedicate it to that purpose. It'll cost...
This thread is just disappointment from beginning to end. Everything from "Can you even count, bruh?" to "It's all a conspiracy! They're just securing their cushy jobs and government grants!" and of course it wouldn't be complete without the age of the universe being a hoax and Nibiru or one of it's many mythological cousins coming to destroy the solar system. That's enough of this, I'll be finding another forum to get tech news from. Some place with adult supervision.
Not the impossible, just the unprofitable. If they can't pay for it and make it profitable, then it's no longer an issue. I mentioned many times that it relies on the budget. Seattle is willing to pay for the impossible, so they get it. Most cities are not willing to pay for these things though.New York, Seattle, LA, Phoenix, and the other cities that're going through geometric growth because they have strong industries have no problems getting what they want, but at the...
In your part of the country it's still a problem though. Here the cheap labor didn't last long, because it didn't take long before everyone realized that the demand for even illegal immigrants was higher than the supply since the local labor pool is less reliable. Even before they cracked down on it here in the early 2000's illegal immigrants were getting paid more than the locals, because they were quite simply worth more. The only difference was you could replace them if...
Port money. Too much income for their own good, and their building codes are only ridiculous in the context of the Northwest. I actually know a couple contractors who went up there because they heard all of the horror stories, which down here are pretty mild for horror stories, and came back later with more money than they could shake a stick at because it was just as easy as it sounded to them. I know another guy who did the same in Los Angeles, came back, bought a local...
So true, they're trying to change that opinion in the schools around here, but it isn't working. Damage has already been done.