Posts by Ganf

Dual cores from AMD always follow the flagship 3 to 8 months after the flagship's release, to avoid market overlap. The 380x would have to be available in stores ohh.... Today... If we were expecting to see a Dual core by June.The 285 is due for a rebrand, it's reasonable to expect the cream from that architecture will float to the top wherever that fits in.Edit: I think this'll be the last time I check this thread. There are just so many problems with the idea that the...
380x leaks show it having more SP's than that though, and random numbers conveniently lining up don't even make a case for circumstantial evidence. SP batch numbers are determined by interposer limits, not because it was just convenient for them to stick another 8 SP's in that last little corner of the die. You are working with multiplicative additions upon the architecture, so there is going to be common derivatives everywhere.
As much as I don't trust Microsoft to not do something shady to get some revenue out of a free upgrade, I do like the idea of a single overarching OS. Being active in a community when a new driver is released or a new beta version of a game or piece of software is pretty ugly. Different hardware configurations are bad enough, different OS versions magnify the possible conflicts exponentially.
I'm not cpu bound on a single game I own or play so I'm okay with that. The games that I am playing that are CPU intensive still don't even bottleneck on my 2500k. Actually, the only game I can think of that I would even consider well optimized and worth playing that would bottleneck hard on it, and certainlythe last time I played, is Planetside 2. The fact that the score isn't relevant yet is also not relevant, because devs have been working around the current constraints...
Military has been running experiments on this for a long time, if I'm not mistaken, and it's not a new concept by any stretch. Using explosions to put out fires is essentially the same concept, and I think the earliest use of that that I read of what in the late 18th century. Sappers were trying to get through an old stone wall, covered it in pitch to get a good roaring fire going to make the stone brittle and set off a petard to break it, but were disappointed when all it...
Fair point, and one I've had made to me before. For some reason it never meshes in my head though. It just seems more practical to my brain that the hardware devs develop for the hardware, and the game devs develop for the games, and so that's always the conclusion I draw.You say they have nothing, but I see that I already have a 17.1 million draw call score on mantle, probably around 20 on DX12, I'll find out this weekend, and I can safely assume that in 4 or 5 months...
What if it's not up to the game devs to utilize it? Why wouldn't this just be something that DX12 and the GPU drivers handle on their own?
Titles with long shelf lives like Civ and Arma III? Most likely, they could even take and make some DLC that takes advantage of the new performance. Planetside 2? You betchya, that's an MMO with an active player base.Titanfall?
I absolutely loathe the idea of switching to windows 10 before I learn just exactly what Microsoft has planned for it, yet this has me itching to download it tonight just to do some benchmarking for an hour or two... Just hurry up and release both of them already...
You kidding? Amazon.de and Amazon.es are my new favorite shopping sites.