Posts by Ganf

So no one has any experience removing the foam from the panels? Ah well, I've been looking at more pictures and it looks like it's just some insulfoam stuck on with a general purpose adhesive. I'm better off picking up a different case that I don't have to bathe in chemicals to remove the glue from. All suggestions and comments about roomy cases with solid side panels that I can apply my own sound dampening to are welcome.
110 PSI of air from a compressor with a 50 gallon tank squeezed through a 1/8th inch nozzle. Every time I clean a friend's PC with this I make them stand there and watch as the cloud of dust spreads like a miasmatic plague to cover 100's of cubic yards. While they are feeling the shame of letting their PC get so dirty sink bone-deep I tsk, cluck and groan at them like a gray hair-bunned teacher and watch them twitch as each guttural critique of the treatment of their...
I've been busy for quite a while since my last build, but there are a couple games coming up that have me excited to upgrade so that I can really push them graphics-wise. I haven't decided what I want for displays yet - it'll either be triple 1440p monitors, a 4k monitor, or triple 1080p's and an Oculus rift (if the final release version has the screendoor issue resolved). No matter what the GPU solution will likely be triple GTX 970's, and they'll be OC'd to the moon...
..... I knew I should have read some more about the 1150 socket hardware before ordering.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151126http://www.seasonicusa.com/atx.htmSeasonic says that it's good for Haswell, but I don't like being surprised like that.A Problem there. I live in a rural area, and don't know anyone else with an 1150 socket board. I even stopped by the local repair shop, and they didn't have any way to test the processor.However, I've been...
Bringing this back up. New motherboard arrived, no shipping damage this time, but I have no display image. The board only stays on when I have it set to Single BIOS, First BIOS, on the manual switches that're set in the top right. Using the second BIOS, with either the single or dual BIOS setup enabled, causes it to power on and off in a loop of about 2 seconds. There is no error code on the display, and I plugged the speaker in just to see if there were any beeps....
Not even half a second, but those would be the symptoms yes. I think that certain issues with the motherboard will do the same thing, possibly. And since the motherboard arrived in suspicious condition and I don't have an extra 1150 socket anything to do any testing, I'm going to put my money on the motherboard.
It's already boxed up and getting RMA'd. I got the shipping insurance offered by NCIX on it, and the box it came it was big enough to hold 4 of these same motherboards, but only had a single piece of packing the size of my hand. When I was putting the board back in the box I noticed that what I thought at first was just a jaunty little angle in the presentation of the board is actually where the cardboard bracing ripped in half and fell in while it was getting salvoed...
Not another 1150 socket, no.I found 3 pins that may be slightly out of alignment in the top-left, inside corner, but I'm not touching crap until I find a really good picture of an 1150 socket.
You think it'd get that far into the OS installation before the pins burned? Edit: I'm going to keep squinting at it until another suggestion comes along, but so far every pin is perfect, and there are no burn marks on the chip's contacts.
I just put together a machine today with: 4770k processor Gigabyte z78x-UD3H Motherboard Samsung 840 120gb Seasonic 550w PSU 8gb Corsair Vengeance LP RAM Everything started up fine, all of the numbers in the BIOS looked good while I was making sure that it was set correctly to install an OS, and I started installing Windows 8. I walked away while it was preparing the files for installation, and somewhere around 60% during the file preparation the PC shut off, and didn't...