Posts by shinigamibob

I was leaning towards the white ones as well. Thanks for your help guys!
I want to put some lights into my sig rig below, but I'm having a hard time deciding on what color to go with. I don't want anything that's just looks out of place/obnoxious/overly bright. Just something that'll allow me to see the parts inside somewhat clearly. So, what color would you recommend? I'll update this with a poll in a few minutes. Tapatalk for iOS doesn't have the ability to insert polls Edit: apparently i can't add a poll after I've posted the original...
Thanks. I do have the second Ty-140, except for a little problem. I want the fans to retain their pwm ability, and the only way to do that with two CPU fans is to connect them using a y-splitter cable. I hadn't realized that before the build, so I'm just waiting until I buy something online. Hopefully then I'll be able to connect both fans.
Like I promised, here is a bunch of pictures from my build: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kanchana_marasinghe/sets/72157625919588716/ Also, what does anyone know about the build logs section of the forum. I've looked through a few, but I'm not entirely sure as to what it is.
Yea, go for the archon... The fans are pretty silent... Atleast more silent compared to the d14 and sa
The best thing you can do is to look all the possible installation pictures either here on google. If you are mo sure of anything, you other alternative to "build" a model out if cardboard or paper. You should be able to find the dimensions easily. Comapre that to the ram you have. Honestly though, it's better to sometimes go with whatever is guaranteed to work, rather than take a chance. I can't give you a nicely worded answer right now because I'm just about to leave...
Personally, I can't give you any feedback on that cause I've never owned one. But reviews suggest that it is probably THE best budget cooler out there. Apparently, its so good that it matches up to, if not surpasses some of the much more expensive ones. Hit the links below for a few reviews http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-review/2
If the link you sent - the one to the online retailer - is correct, don't worry. That RAM is specified as the normal XMS3 series - not the dominators. The dominators have heat spreaders that tend to get in the way of coolers. The ones that you bought don't have heat spreaders. Look here for the difference:
Thanks... ah... the V8 - I was about to get that as well, but it turns out, you can get better for the price. It does look really awesome though... At this point, I can recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212+. I've only heard good things about it, and it will fit in just about any configuration. However, you are in luck. The XMS3 RAM modules are normal sized ones that WILL fit a NH-D14. Take a look at this link and scroll down to where it shows your ram - DDR3 Corsiar...
Well, it really depends. You say you have 6GB of Corsair RAM... what model is it (Dominator, Vengeance, others)? Be as specific as you can. The type of cooler that you can put is determined by a couple of factors - namely: Use, Case space restrictions, and physical ram size restrictions. Obviously, since you plan of a 4Ghz OC, its essential to have a good cooler. Unless you want to go watercooling, (which I have no idea about), the best air coolers at this point would...