Posts by Photograph

Welcome to the club DreadManD, nice work man!
I don't usually pay full pop for games but this would be an exception. Shut up and take my money already if it happens. Signed
68K was used for the LC line up until around 1994-95 when PowerPC started to appear into low end Quadras.My first overclock was with my beige G3 tower, the voltage regulator was on a separate daughter card once that got replaced you could use the jumper block to set the CPU speed. I got my 300Mhz G3 up to 433Mhz. Man OS 9 flew on that thing
A trick that has saved a few drives worth of data for me is to put a drive in an external enclosure and put it in the freezer for a few days. Make sure to wrap it in something to prevent condensation as it will eventually be an issue when you remove it from the freezer. I like to run my "clicking" drives in the freezer via USB so that they remain as cold as possible during operation. The cold doesn't always work but I have found it to make many formerly unreadable...
The switch is a Lamtron momentary rated at 12v, almost any momentary would work actually. Heck, shorting out the motherboard leads would turn it on
Thanks man, oddly enough I will be posting a new "version 2.0" build log featuring a 23" LCD very soon. I was a truck driver for a few years myself in the late 90's and all I got to take with me was a GameBoy.You're welcome. It is a regular momentary switch hooked up to the motherboard. The LCD and the Corsair PSU are "always on" and do not rely on a switch in Lando.
Those those cute little GTX 750's are pretty fast, the Ti version especially. I may suggest selling the 6970 and picking up a GTX 760, no PSU issues along with a big performance increase and PhysX support all in one card.
This certainly has my attention, being in the market for a new LAN rig GPU
Apple has a technology you may want to take a look at related to this idea: Grand Central DispatchGrand Central Dispatch
The GTX 650 Ti is a great little GPU, it is as fast as a pair of GTX 460s in SLI and runs silent with low power draw. With an i3 4330 I can run Skyrim on ultra at 1366x768, very impressive for such a cheap card.