Posts by unseen0

VRAM is obviously a strong factor @ 4k, and so is pure calculative power. I think a 1070 would do okay, a 1080 even more so. AMD offers more VRAM for a lot less money tho, a 480 comes with 8GB if i'm not mistaken and it can be found dirt cheap. All in all, i would wait out for Vega if i were you. With Vega im referring to AMD's upcoming new line-up that should release around May this year. It's not that far away so if you can hold out, i think it's gonna be...
A hiccup, during a long during test. There's something called exaggerating to try get your silly point across.Decent system? You're silly point below pretty much sums up what you consider to be a "decent system"All YOU are saying is 4c/4t isn't enough anymore without any shed of evidence to back that up besides 1 poorly executed test that has an equal amount of tests showing the exact opposite.Even tho times are changing and more cores will eventually take the upper hand....
A console has drops in min framerates as well. Are you saying getting a console is an absolute abomination of a decision and instead you should spend $300 on a CPU for a gaming PC as a bare minimum?Also, since you didn't bother with the rest of the video for some reason, you missed the point where he said that there was 1 hiccup in RoTR that resulted in a lower minimum on lower cores. But other then that the experience was "buttery smooth" even on a dual core system.We are...
Come up with a better source. That's the point, there isn't any.
There is no argument saying quads are better and nobody is recommending any i5's over anything else.I'm arguing that an i5 with 4c/4t is still a viable choice for budget gamers and that higher cores are far from worth the added $$$ unless u really need to hit anything over 60fps. Big difference.20 fps. 49 vs 69, big whoop. Does that mean you NEED to get an 8core over a quad core? Just because 1 game out of 6 shows a marginal increase? Talk about wasting your money.People...
Nothing wrong with an FX-8350. It got stomped by intel's i5's and later even i3's but it does it's job as a budget build gaming cpu and it's 8 cores were dirt cheap for multi threaded tasks.
It was an example. There are always reasons why something could become more expensive/harder to complete.You mention the days of quad cores are over.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OycFogwRXlIThis video shows some titles, some dx11, some dx12. Nowhere is there any significant gain to be found in frame rates when throwing more cores into the mix.There are many videos like that.Show me a good source of where multiple cores absolutely scale much better and are actually worth...
Because it may cost more to develop them that way, or the scaling simply doesn't turn out to be what they expected. There can be a number of reasons to why they would or wouldn't succeed in doing so.I assume they will, and i assume they succeed. But based on assumption, i cannot justify spending +$$$ on a cpu that could possibly never be utilized to it's full potential. To some people a couple hundred bucks isn't such a big deal. But in 2017 i'd like to find accurate...
A few quick youtube videos are the exact opposite of what Computerbase reported. 4c/4t is on par with higher core counts and hyperthreading in most cases. There are some exceptions. Is that worth the money? That's all up to the user i suppose. What i'd like to know, is if upcomming games are actually worth the investment of higher cores/HT. I'm pretty sure they are and that the trend will be that more cores will absolutely end up being faster. At this point in time...
This is an interesting topic with many alternative discussions, 4 core vs 6/8/10, Spend big now or upgrade later, etc etc. What i'm wondering about is that this discussion has been done over and over and over again here and everywhere else on the internet. Isn't there a single benchmarking website that simply puts out raw data in graphs that show you exactly which games do and don't benefit from extra cores? When there is a discussion, people usually come up with sources...