Posts by unseen0

I've been playing GW2 for over 4500 hours and i have some input on this that could affect your choice of purchase. This game is VERY much leaning on single core performance. Zones that have a lot of people in it (world vs world, Big cities, world boss events etc,etc) will always end up dropping below 60fps and no CPU on the market today is gonna change that. Yes, even if you had a top tier i7 running on 6ghz, it WILL drop below 60fps at times. That said, this is only when...
A lot of people keep comparing Nvidia's and AMD's products solely based on Price/Performance ratios. I think there is a lot more to consider. Freesync/Gsync, ReLive/Shadowplay, functions like AMD chill, overclocking, power consumption and heat production and much more. Personally i think Gsync is overpriced and that's something that weighs in on my purchase. I will most likely buy a Freesync monitor to pair with a Vega card in the near future. OT: I have a hard time...
Actually, most people will be able to see the difference between 60 and 144, without a doubt.If you can't then that's ok too. And there's nothing wrong with you. You are just slightly less sensitive to an increase in frequency then most people.240 however, that may be a totally different ballgame, up from 144. I don't think it's gonna be the same experience as 60 to 144hz.
"Yes, if it equals or comes very close to Skylake performance" I'm in the market for a new CPU that hopefully rivals Skylake i3/i5's in terms of performance, power consumption and price. SR3/SR5 if i'm not mistaken.
Three days ago, i logged onto steam to play some games with people i know. One of these people was suddenly removed from my friends list. I checked, i double checked but the person was gone. I didn't understand how, and i still don't. I sent the person an invite and it got accepted. I asked him if he knew how it could happen but he didn't know. Right now, i'm unsure if he has anything do to with it, if someone went onto my computer and removed that person for some reason,...
I have not tried 240hz. i do play competitively, i am a top contender in Quake Live which is by far the fastest FPS out there that has an active Esports to it.I make assumptions, because the difference between 120 and 165 was close to nothing. Also i assumed that the difference would be close to nothing, i didn't say there wouldn't be a difference at all. from 60>120/144/165 is a major difference. going up to 240, i'm 100% sure it won't give the same impact.sure 240 will...
240hz, why? I find it hard to believe that there will be a visual difference from 144/165 to 240. And even if there is any, it will be a minor thing, not to be compared even with 60 to 75hz. As for competitive gaming, i can understand why people seem to think things like this make a difference, but the truth is, they don't.
Well, AMD's presentation on CES showed that an unfinished Vega card smashed a 1080. So if they can optimize it and deliver a product that will rival the 1080 or potentially the 1080ti then it will definitely start a price war. This alone is worth the wait
It's strange, that people buy titan's then, if the difference is that small, why lay down the extra cash for no real improvement at all?If 8% performance is a reason to put down a lot more money to get a titan over a 980ti, then would a ~5% performance boost also be a reason to go for a $5000 quado p6000 over a titanXP ?Would i wake up tomorrow, winning 60 mil in a lotery, i'd go 4 way Quadro P6000, other then that, never ever
I'm a little unsure on Nvidia's marketing here. The 1080 and the TitanXP are about 25% apart in performance. A 1080TI should then fill that small gap with something like 12.5% inscrease over the 1080? Who in their right mind (no offence to those who do) would spend 1200$ on a TitanXP when a ~$800 1080TI will deliver almost the same performance. Heck even the Vram is almost equal. With the right overclock, a 1080TI may potentially take 1st place over the TitanXP...