Posts by unseen0

Thank you both for clearing that up!
Seeing lots of debate on Nvidia vs AMD, as always. Just want to share my opinion on product choice. As a consumer, i don't really care where my product is from or whether it has an Nvidia or AMD sticker, performance/price ratio is what is important. By performance i'm not solely speaking of raw calculative power, but also power consumption, heat production, noise levels, future proof options (more VRAM) or other features that come with the drivers (steaming, overclocking,...
I thought Broadwell-E was marginally faster because they simply have better single core performance at this point.It is my understanding that more cores are still not that relevant in games once you go beyond 4. Some games seem to like Hyper threading more then others. but it's only a handful.Either way, i hope Ryzen R5 manages to throw another 10% on single core performance. That would really deliver a knock out punch in my opinion.Also, some maturing of the platform is...
Thanks for clearing that up:)The Vega cards are most likely gonna be above my budget I'd love to get a 570 or even a 580 if they can tone down the power consumption.Someone said 50% less Power consumption, i think that's stretching it by a large margin, altho i do wish it to be true Guess we're gonna find out in a month.If it turns out the way i hope it will...Ryzen R5 + Polaris Refresh here i come!
Could u elaborate on the configuration?It is my understanding that the 1600 is a 6c/12t CPU and the 1400 is a 4c/8t CPU. You're talking about 3 cores and 6 threads?
It is my understanding that the refreshed cards will be named 560, 570, 580 etc. I also understand that "Vega" is gonna be the high end / Enthusiast card like the Fury and Nano?
I find this very interesting. I've been reading up on the effect for a bit now but some things are a bit hard to understand.It's my assumption that the air intake has high pressure and low velocity, the choke point has low pressure and high velocity, which is what OP wants to use to get more air pass by his components. But how does that relate to a drop in temperature? Unless the intake air is of lower temperature then the outtake, i don't see how it could...
Sitting on a 4960x and SLI 980s, there are obviously upgrades available, but is it worth it? i'd say no. a 5960x is close to worthless as an increase in speed. For purely gaming, a 7700k would be your biggest upgrade possible. but that means losing 2 cores and 4 threads. As for the 980s. 1080Ti SLI would be your best bet, or TitanXp's. they pretty much trade blows in Single Card performance, not sure how the scaling is on both of them compared. 1080Ti's are much cheaper...
a 7600k is quite a bit cheaper. But it will take a pretty significant performance hit in some titles due to not having hyper-threading. Don't get me wrong, both CPUs will be capable of hitting and maintaining 60fps. But a 6700k is gonna pull ahead when you go above that. also, a 6700k really has no place anymore imo. U might as well drop $10-20 more and grab a 7700k. It will add 5% more fps. Summed up, it's pretty much 7600k vs 7700k vs R7-1700x 7600k best bang for buck...
You are joking right? Just because u pulled up one benchmark where a 8350 was able to keep up, doesn't mean it always does.an FX-8350 is gonna seriously bottleneck before any modern mid-highend gpu does.I'm not saying it's a bad CPU, it's just old and was never the best at gaming to begin with.My point was, when u throw a 1080 at Ryzen, and start gaming at 4k, its gonna keep up just as well as an intel 7700K does with maybe a ~5% margin. The same pretty much applies to...