Posts by unseen0

I think Lady Fitzegerald was referring raid = no backup in the sense that when your house potentially burns down, you lose every bit of data you have on a raid setup.Could be wrong tho.
Sad to hear that. went from VLC to MPC-HC, never looked back. Question; Is there any other videoplayer that supports downloading of subtitles at the press of a button? That was one of the main features i used on MPC-HC, easiest way ever.
My G4560 + 1050ti runs everything i throw at it 60fps @ 1080p with some exceptions that have some CPU bottlenecking to about 45fps (assasins creed / GTA V) That said, your 2500k should easily be able to push 1080p for at least a few more years, specially when overclocked. If i were you, i'd throw in a new GPU, even budget will do for 1080p if you're satisfied with 60-75 fps. 1050ti / rx470 (once mining collapses )
That is really strange. A cooler has impact on the thermals of a cpu and therefor whether it can run at high clock speeds. It has nothing to do with RAM, so there must be some kind of misunderstanding here or you may have accidentally changed some settings within your BIOS.
Wait what?How does having a custom cooler vs a stock cooler have anything to do with RAM speeds?
I've been spending 5 hours trying to autostart a Powershell scripts but i'm not having any succes. Here's what my script looks like (testscript) Start-Process -WindowStyle hidden -FilePath C:\Windows\Test\notepad.exe saved as 2.ps1 Whenever i open the script (right click > open with powershell) it does work and the notepad.exe shows up in taskmanager, which is exactly what i want. However, i can not get this script to auto startup. I've tried a Task scheduler where i...
Possible but unlikely. Thermals never seemed to go over 65 celsius, even on the hotter days.That seems like my last option, but i still think it's scary I tried the modified bios, and it sadly didn't work. Even as low as 650/900 it wouldn't get rid of the bars, so i gave up on that.All in all, it served me well over the years, and it got a serious beating in it's lifetime.I might just try baking it, throw in an apple pie while i'm at it who knows!Thanks all kindly for...
Thank you all for the replies. I've looked into it and still haven't managed to get it working. To remove the taskmanager is quite simple, but a 3rd party TM can be downloaded and that would resolve the security measures. I also want her to have regular access to anything, i just want to hide that one program so she can't see it or mess with it. The group policy is complicated and doesn't seem to work well in anything non windows server based OS. Isn't there any piece of...
I have a laptop with win 10 x64 installed for my niece. I have some program set up that allows her parents to monitor what she does and it locks up certain programs for safety. However, she found out how to close the program from tray and from the task manager. Is there a way i can hide the program from the taskbar, the tray and the task manager as a process? I'm even willing to buy software that can do this.
My 7950 crashed last week and since then it shows red bars everywhere (bios, windows, safemode) you name it. I got it back up and running with a clean install, somehow that did the trick, however, it crashed again. It's unstable on stock speeds. I want to try and downclock / downvolt the card so it may run on say 700/1100. As long as it runs stable. I found a guide here on OCN using atiflashtool in windows. Is that still relevant? And does anyone know where i can adjust...