Posts by unseen0

Here's my 2ct on the whole mouse debate that has always been going on. I've been playing FPS games all my life. I did quake tournaments for my country and i still am one of the high-end players in my country when it comes to quake-live. That being said, i have only owned 2 "high-end" gaming mice that are supposedly superior. My first one was a Razer Copperhead. A few years later i got a Razer Lachesis. With both these mice i played great, but nothing out the ordinary. My...
If you're taking about a locked value of 1.25v on the cards bios, and if it's hard-coded. Then upping the VDDC will obviously have no effect.In some cases, it may show that it upped the voltage, but it really didn't, in which case no extra power draw will occur because it has not been fed more voltage.As for the power limit. I think this also doesn't allow to use more power when the core is absolutely stuck on 1.25v in bios.This however is all theoretical, and only when a...
Yes it does, but it is highly dependant on what type of AA you use.FXAA for example will not use a lot.SMAA will use slightly moreMSAA you can expect a pretty big gap inusage compared to the previous two.Then again, there are different subtypes of AA, they may influence the used vRAM as well.If you really want to know, you should look into some overlay software like RadeonPro or MSI Afterburner.They give detailed info on how much GPU and vRAM is used in real-time.If you...
Upping the power limit allows the card to draw more power, so that answers that.As for the VDDC, i assume the same thing.I think the second law of thermodynamics kind of comes into play here.You can't create something from nothing.
I would like to add, That especially in more recent games, vRAM becomes more important. It is my understanding that larger textures also require more vRAM to store them in temporarily. Shadow of Mordor for example could end up requiring 6gigs of Vram or higher when you wish to run it in Ultra, even in 1080p. tl;dr Not only resolutions affect vRAM requirement. higher quality textures for example do as well, depending on the game.
Hi, I don't have a definite answer for you, but after looking over some benchmarks, two 290x's in crossfire combined with a high end CPU will require close to 750 watts. That being said, i would place my bets on a slightly higher watt rated PSU to make sure you won't run out and get stability issues and such. Especially if you wish to overclock that 3570k, which i assume you will because it's a K version. Or the cards of course. I'm also curious to why you chose for the...
As a linux newbie, i have succesfully installed VPN on my raspberri Pi2 using this guide: http://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Installing_a_PPTP-VPN_server_on_a_Raspberry_Pi Everything is working fine besides one small problem. My subnet mask i get when connecting to the VPN is 255.255.255.255, limiting my acces to my other devices in the network. At home, my router DHCP gives out: 192.168.17.100-199 My VPN is set to give out 192.168.17.200-250 i have gone over all the...
I think the issue lies with Vram as well as GPU power.Some game simply demand loads of Vram and GPU power.The contrast becomes quite big. Most games u listed run fine on a single 970 which is awesome!But then the downside is that you need 980's in sli to run ALL games buttersmooth.You're always gonna be running behind when it comes to smooth gameplay rather then eye candy at this point.However, the next gen on AMD and Nvidia cards are sure to be able to solo push these...
I agree with you on the AA part. it's unnecessary at that resolution.As for the custom resolution, that's actually a great idea. You're sacrificing practically no eye candy and get frames in return, never thought of that.Also, thanks for sharing this list. Might come in handy for those that are curious
First of all, thank you very much for all this info!If the cheaper ones will suffice then that is what i will end up picking.The Archer C8 is actually available to me for about $95, whereas the Netgear R6300 will set me back about $110.Will the C8 be able to do the things i require?And would u happen to have some input on the RaspberryPi2 VPN vs This router's VPN?Or the Wireless-N function on how it is superior to the older standards?