Posts by gordesky1

I say around 5 to 10c better depends on the fan settings and ambient temp. Before with custom profile 100% side fans at 75c and middle fan at 70% temps can reach mid 80s which they climb pretty fast.But after the new applied paste max temps even with 50% middle fan it gets to 77 and will climb to 78 but will go back down to 77c, Than when the heat goes off in the house it will go down in the low 70s which the temps barely budge even during that before.I just tried...
Good to know:)Soo i took it apart to put new thermal paste on it tuiq tx 3 im not sure if this had its thermal paste already put on or its the msi stock thermal paste. It was pretty wet and thin compare to what i see what company's put on which is really thick. But either way i put the tuiq tx 3 on it and so far the temps are much better!!!At stock it was in the 60s compare to mid 70s, So i tried when overclocked and temps are around 70-75 and stays than when the...
Will check the screws in a few mins. And the card doesn't droop. Now i do have a pci fan card above it blowing down on back of it would that cause one vrm be cooler than the other?Edit just notice something.... The vrm which i said about being at 47c it seems like it always stays stuck like that... Any reason why its like that? If i go to after burner that ony shows ony 1 vrm but it shows different than vrm 1 in gpuz so i would assume that's vrm 2 that gpu z...
I set the fan control to 75c at 100% and use msi fan control to set the middle fan to 90% and played euro truck for 30min and while the temps stayed between 72 to 75 most of the time. it started to climb up and went to 80c. i notice it does this when the heat turns on in the house.... Than when it turns off it goes little lower..The vrms seems fine i think. vrm 1 73c vrm 2 47c when the core is at 80c on gpuz . pcb temp maxed out at 58c memory temp max out at 64c. and...
Hmm glad to know its occt. Tho i been noticing some games will also not run at full speed. Like robocraft i tried for the first time on this card cause i used to play it on my 570gtx with no problems at all, But on the lightning its ony running at 700 to 800 core on that game...Why is that??? Games like farcry 4 , dying light and also bf4 they run full speed with a few dips between 50 to 25mhz but mostly stay at full speed with no problems.This card also seems to run...
Go in my digital flat panel in catalyst control panel than properties and enable virtual super resolution Make sure you have 14.12.And yea i never could get the old way doing it either, than amd brought vsr out with these new drivers and works perfect.
Guys im not sure if my lightning is acting normal... it just seems like the clocks are all over the place even tho i have msi after burner setup the way it should be.. Like on occt power supply testing 1min in the fps will go from 1080mhz down to 800 to 900mhzs... Temps are in the 70s when it does it. It seems like it goes in 2d mode or something because in gpuz i see the pce changing from 16x down to x1..1..1 I even force 3d clocks with no powerplay option and...
great to know thanks:)Yep the second just wanted to make sure first before i do it:)So i have this tuniq tx2 paste which i bought recently because i ran out of mx3 but it seems to be just as good when i used it on my cpu. Do you think i would see a improvement over the stock paste that's on the card now?
Yep im in the us:) Also what about if i bought this card from someone else is it still good? when searching i came up with a few searches about as long as the stick on back of the card is good than yes..For the temps i tried my system at stock for the cpu and my temps did go lower. around 75-77 maxed with about 5 runs of heaven. Its around 79 80 with it overclocked. Really like to get another case sense i don't like how the fans are on this haf 932 mainly that...
With the panel open the temps still went up but much slower.. So i decided to change the fans around on my h100 to blow out again and doing that i say it took a couple c off. Doing one run it went to 79 instead of 82-83.Maybe its just this hot cpu lol going to try that at stock and see if temps change.Is it easy to re paste on this card? i mean i did cards before but never did one this big lol And will it void the warranty?