Posts by gordesky1

over 250 lol but still that shouldn't cause that problem.
did you try compatibility mode and put the installer or game exe on windows xp or windows 7?
Im having this weird problem now... I was installing a game from uplay and i wanted to put it on one of my other drives instead of my main drive which is a ssd.. found out its happening with any program i install. it ony shows my user profile and nothing else... which it should say this pc,., I just notice this today when installing division beta and it wouldn't let me put it anywhere but the default location.... few days ago i had to reset windows but kept all...
i have Acronis True Image i got on sale years ago works great. for a free one i would say http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/index.htm would work. but yea i would think ssds manufacturers would have there own copy so might want to check into that.
Yep i forgot to mention that, you can overclock the cpu to around 2.3-2.5ghz with the turbo button and software it comes with. or as giga said RMClock. i had mine up too 2.7-2.8 but it varys on each system.Here's some screenshots for the overclocking software it comes with and the button on the left. you need to go to asus and download it tho for it to work.I wouldn't recommend overclocking the gpu tho cause it gets pretty hot even at stock.
I just search up ddr2-800 memory which is the fastest this laptop can handle. and on newegg and amazon dd2 is still very expensive cheapest price i can find is 144$ on newegg... and on amazon 125 to 130$ Than on ebay 109$. i really hate to say this cause i do have alot of older computers myself i really don't think it would be worth it on the ram part. unless you can find it cheaper than those 3 places. Now for the cpu if i still use my laptop which all i do...
Do you know the measurements of the panel? i was going to do the same thing with mine cause the stock panel sucks... well the plastic does.. And this would save me time knowing the measurements lol:)Looks awesome by the way:)
ssd is a solid state disk to replace your mechanical hard drives http://www.newegg.com/SSDs/Category/ID-119?Tpk=ssdAnd from looking it up you might be able to go to 8gb there are things about it on google that some people did and it worked, Some said 6gb of ram works so i really don't see why 8gb of ram wont. But i just never did it because dd2 ram is usely expensive.260m is a graphics card to replace your 9800gs but i wouldn't recommend it because of heat.For cpu...
While this laptop is still decent >>>>>>i have a asus g50vt-x5 myself
I figured i do a test again after windows files was reset. I say that looks much better lol its also on the white ports too. Im not sure what was causing the bad speed before maybe something was leaching at it, Or a driver was mess up. Still wish i could run it on the native ports but this board doesn't let you run AHCI while doing raid...