Posts by Blue6228

I'm in and thank you for this give-away!! Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
If you want to have some fun (and sweat a bullet the first time you get it started curing), try Indigo Extreme. It's fantastic, effective and not all that expensive considering you won't need to change your application for a very long time. I use it and I don't see going with any other product going forward (unless I'm working on someone else's PC.. then it's AS5 lol)
The new AMD APU is a great option for an HTPC. Here's an FM1 socket board with built in wifi (mITX board). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500071 They're out of stock at newegg right now, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. Pair it with an A4 + RAM and you have a very cost effective HTPC core put together.
I had my first application of iextreme on my i7 950 for 7 months before I went in and cleaned all my blocks out. I replaced the iextreme with a 2nd strip and the print was still fine on my CPU.
What are you planning to make intake/exhaust? Both rads on exhaust with the rear 120 as intake?
That is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing this!
I've personally never heard anyone I now how owns this case having issues with their cooling. The case is enormous and has plenty of room for air to move through. Stock corsair fans aren't the greatest things in the world but that's easily rectified by aftermarket 120s. The Carbide series from corsair was recently released and it looks like they focused more on cooling options in this line of cases. I'd recommend giving them a look.
Ah, I didn't realize Rosewill made anything of any kind of quality. I remember them being a cheap manufacturer from the parts that I purchased. I checked out Johnny Guru on some of their PSUs and it seems like they're pretty decent. Although, he should up the wattage a bit if he intends to run either of the AMD cards. 430 would suffice but if he's playing BF3 where the GPU is going to be @ 100% all the time then he probably should keep it between 5-600W minimum.
I didn't look at his list of parts to begin with... That power supply is horrid. Trust me, the PSU is one part of the PC that you don't want to go cheap on. Talk about a troubleshooting nightmare. The PSU is the one part of the PC that you don't want to be bad as it will make everything in the PC look suspect. Then after a long, hair-pulling troubleshooting session you find out the PSU is crap and then it's time to undo all of that cable management you spent hours getting...
Depends on what you need. If you need a very high resolution then the 550 ti would be a better choice because of the 2GB of RAM it has. If you're only going to be using it for 1920x1080 or lower then I'd say the clear choice here would be the 6870. The AMD cards have a normal HDMI out whereas the 550ti has a mini-hdmi, so depending on what you're going to use it for that could play a factor. All 3 are good cards for that price range but don't expect to blow any benchmarks...