Posts by Blue6228

Recently I pieced together a small system and put an old GTX 570 in it. The PSU was a 500W EVGA bronze. The system would turn off and then not come back on for hours. I didn't pay attention to the available amps on the +12V rail vs what the card was pulling. The card pulls 38 amps and the PSU only supported 40. I replaced it with a 700W bronze from EVGA with 58 amps available on the +12V rail. Problem solved. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can actually install them outside your OS drive if you want. Here's a link that walks you through it: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3006568/windows/how-to-save-windows-store-apps-to-external-storage-in-windows-10.html Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in and thank you for this give-away!! Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
If you want to have some fun (and sweat a bullet the first time you get it started curing), try Indigo Extreme. It's fantastic, effective and not all that expensive considering you won't need to change your application for a very long time. I use it and I don't see going with any other product going forward (unless I'm working on someone else's PC.. then it's AS5 lol)
The new AMD APU is a great option for an HTPC. Here's an FM1 socket board with built in wifi (mITX board). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500071 They're out of stock at newegg right now, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. Pair it with an A4 + RAM and you have a very cost effective HTPC core put together.
I had my first application of iextreme on my i7 950 for 7 months before I went in and cleaned all my blocks out. I replaced the iextreme with a 2nd strip and the print was still fine on my CPU.
What are you planning to make intake/exhaust? Both rads on exhaust with the rear 120 as intake?
That is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing this!
I've personally never heard anyone I now how owns this case having issues with their cooling. The case is enormous and has plenty of room for air to move through. Stock corsair fans aren't the greatest things in the world but that's easily rectified by aftermarket 120s. The Carbide series from corsair was recently released and it looks like they focused more on cooling options in this line of cases. I'd recommend giving them a look.