Posts by PapaSmurf

Do you have the OEM heatsink mounting bracket that the motherboard came with? I would buy it if you did and would accpet Paypal. I don't have Google Wallet and Amazon payments are a real pain to deal with (took a week for the last payment to arrive).
See if the driver from the Recovery Disk Set that you created when you first got the laptop works. You did create those disks didn't you? But something is seriously wrong here. The PSC1LE-05X00TTE comes up as a Satellite C660-2R2 from Israel which came with a RealTek WiFi card and Windows Home Basic 32bit. That goes against the information the support site lists for drivers. My advice for you is to go to Toshiba's European Support Site, enter in your system information or...
That won't fix the problem. It isn't the card but the way the system is configured to have the WiFi card turned OFF by default. There is no physical switch to turn it on and no software switch (except in Win8) to turn it on so it stays off. I fought a couple of these for months and Toshiba's only response is it works in the Windows 8, the OS it shipped with so what is the problem. They simply don't get it and one of the reasons I abhor Toshiba laptops.The only solution...
What is the COMPLETE Part number of that laptop? It will be something like PSLB8U-027025. Also, what version of Windows are we dealing with? And finally, what country are you from? That makes a difference on where to download them from. Once I know that specific information I can point you to the exact driver you need.. Also make sure that you have installed the motherboard chipset drivers and Toshiba Flash Cards (possibly called Toshiba Value Added Package or TVAP for...
Sent numerous PM's that you have failed to acknowledge or reply to even though you have been logged into OCN. Can you please reply before you sell another cpu out from under me while you get your act together? It's beginning to get irritating.
Crossfire is only one of the many differences between the UD3L and the UD3P, and a fairly minor one at that for overclocking. The UD3R is one that is essentially the UD3P without Crossfire (I have both the UD3P and the UD3R). The UD3R only has one Ethernet Port to the UD3P's two.The UD3L is missing LLC in the bios, only has a 4 pin 12v ATX connector compared to the 8 pin on the UD3P & R, doesn't have all of the extra cooling for the mosfets, etc. (all of which affect...
There is an animated GIF in the first post that shows how to change to your Forum Name.To get the CPU frequency to reflect full speed do anything that will load the cpu. Something as simple as running Defrag will do it, or turn off Intel's SpeedStep or AMD's PowerNow (or whatever they call it these days) in the bios.
No they won't work in this system. As I clearly stated in the OP only the specific S Spec models will work in it. I spent considerable time in the Dell Support Forums gathering the information on what the upgrade choices were.That is one of the ones that I'm looking for. I spent over an hour on Ebay earlier today and the only ones I found were either prohibitively expensive or would be coming from overseas. I was hoping for something a little cheaper, but I can work with...
Care to share a direct link to even one of these? I can find a lot of 2.8GHz and slower ones for $10, but all of the 3.06's are more than double that, with most of them coming from overseas. As I stated in the OP, the 3.06 / 512 / 533 is the ONLY P4 with HyperThreading that will work in this system. None of the slower 512 / 533 P4's have hyperthreading so the customer has no interest in one of the. I can get a 2.4, 2.66. or 2.8 for less than $5, but they are not what I...
That's what I stated in the original post. Those are the ONLY Spec numbers that have HT and will work in that system. If 800fsb models would work I wouldn't have specified that only the 533fsb model would work. Budget is as cheap as I can get it.