Posts by magna224

This is my first post into a hype fest. It's obviously going to be somewhere between 1080-1080ti soon after release but the price is what matters most. My 290Xs served me amazingly well and have been passed down. I need a successor if vega can come anywhere near a 1080ti it will be an instant buy as long as its $600-. Part of me thinks were in for a high price and some great performance. If not I'll wait it out a little while before it comes down to the price/perf king...
WOW really annoying. I had the BF1 issue and just gave away my second 290X to a family member last week because of it. Hardly played BF1 at all because of it then finally gave up.
Interesting that's the same kit I'm using. They're not new though I've been using them for probably 7 months. I think my neighbors build has DDR4 I might borrow a stick from him to try.
Ugg. PCs throwing error 60. Tried lots of different RAM configurations with nothing but the bare minimum plugged in. I saw someone mention in the thread about theirs being a dead CPU. Anyone got any suggestions of what to else to try before getting a new CPU to test?
I'm not really into this. It looks pretty fun I just don't want the classes.
I couldn't even find a 980 on the website for my store. I kind of wanted to buy one to play with for a while and give to my brother.
The only MSI board I had was amazing. Asrock has been good to me at a ridiculously low price. I've only had the chance to OC on a Crosshair in a friends PC and I know they have a good reputation but I wasn't a fan of the interface and I felt like I should have been getting better clocks but it could have been CPU limited. I had a low end ASUS mobo that was completely terrible back in 2008. Just go for what you want and if it doesn't meet your expectations return it or...
Cool to think of such neat stuff being made right around the corner. I know a lot of people who have worked for intel there. Excited to hear great news.
Its all subjective you really have to try things to decide what you like. My favorite sub $200 headphones are the beyer DT770. They just do everything pretty well and are very energetic. A few of my friends have ended up with them as well and one chose to go with DT880s.
I experienced some issues through a couple drivers when I did freesync testing on a few supported games too. Never anything beyond that though. That must suck even on videos.