Posts by un-nefer

We've had data caps in AU since Internet was made available to consumers - not sure what all the fuss is with it to be honest...
I agree totally.You can get into the game for $45USD and while still early alpha, it includes enough already to make the minimal outlay acceptable.Sure, the people who have pledge hundreds, some thousands, might have expected more by now, but I also expect those same people are more than ok with the slow release of content considering what it is Star Citizen is trying to achieve in a single game.Those who whinge about Star Citizen are the same people who set unrealistic...
Did you mean October 1st to October 31st, or did you want o crunch Collatz for the next 6 months straight How far are we behind the other teams? Maybe three is enough to jump up a few spots? The more the better though Let's set a goal and crunch to we reach it I use Collaboratory - love the stuff. Hands-down, the best TIM out there for those willing to spend the time applying it and nipping things up a little more after 24 hours of crunching Use Coolaboratory and you'll...
I'm willing. What dates are you considering we all do this?
Thanks again.
Thanks for letting me know - it was in my old configs so I retained it, but I will remove it if it does nothing and gives errors in logs Are you just OCing the gfx card's memory, or is there an additional memory flag in a BOINC or Collatz config?Do you know if "report_results_immediately" has any impact on the next WU starting? I will try your cc_config none the less I didn't know the specifics of why until now (thx), but this is the result I was finding as well - running...
This gives an improvement when you haven't spent time optimising a single WU properly. If configured properly, you can drop your single WU time substantially, negating this for single gpu cards.With sleep=1 set, the time between WUs is 1ms not 2 seconds No doubt - but as I said, I haven't been involved with OCN BOINC for years and I wanted to contribute what I had learnt - and I know the above will reduce times for those interested enough to try it
Guide on instructables on how to make an 8U rack from the Ikea RAST table: http://www.instructables.com/id/8U-Rack-Case-From-IKEA-RAST-Table/
I know this is a fairly old thread, but I haven't been around for a few years and I wanted to share some Collatz optimisations that I have been trying out that may assist others running Collatz I should prolly add wa warning that the below settings will make your gfx card run harder than the default BOINC settings for Collatz, which will make your gpu run at 100% load and high temp for aslong asyou have Boinc running. As a result of the added gpu load and heat, you mat...
Alternatively, you can grab a quad G34 socket AMD opteron board and put a 4x 12 core opteron cpus in it for about the same money if you buy everything used