Posts by JMCB

I was really hoping for a worthwhile upgrade. Looks like I'm sticking to the 3960X for another generation. Best $1k I ever spent... In all seriousness though, I did buy this computer at the right time. Been sitting on nothing upgraded for more than a few years now, when in the past I would have upgraded every year to something different.
The four R9 290x are currently watercooled. I remember the days I waited for the water blocks to come in and using all four of those things. I almost died from melting...
Thinking about upgrading. However, most games I've played have had zero issues playing at max settings 1600p. However, i want to switch to 4k in the future, so do you think I would see much or an improvement? Or would it be more of a side-grade?
=)Bump!
Bump!
I'm moving far from Las Vegas, and sadly I just don't have room for this ridiculous(ly awesome) water-cooled gaming PC. Comes with everything - Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers). Specs are below: CPU: Intel i7 3960X Extreme Processor Graphics: 4x AMD R9 290 X Video Cards Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 RAM: 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaw X Series (1600mhz) Hard Drives: Western Digital 1TB Blue HDD, 640GB Western Digital Solid State Drive: Samsung 840 EVO...
I would hope that the 916 has RGB lighting. That would make it my next case, for sure.
This is going to be the first year I can attend. Super excited!!!
Remember when we were top of the line? Who's still rocking this board? I haven't found a reason to upgrade yet - this board along with my 3960x still can pretty much do anything (although I'm getting the upgrade fever just for the sake of putting a new rig together).
For people that enjoy the game, add me on Origin - JMCB1001.