Posts by jrcbandit

It's 99% likely that is the DPC Latency Issue. The beta 368.95 drivers have the DPC Latency fix for single cards. Not sure about the new drivers just released if they also include the fix, I know one of the leaked 369 drivers did not. But the newest driver is now 372.54 - anyone know if the DPC latency fix is included in this release?
Ah that's what I figured. Watercooling currently would only make sense for SLI configurations. And if I ever do go back to SLI, I'd likely only watercool the top card since the bottom one should have adequate air flow for proper cooling. Unless of course we get bios mods, then watercooling both cards could be beneficial.My two radiators are going to waste with only cooling the CPU . But buying a $130 waterblock (+$30? for backplate since I assume default backplate wont...
So the highest clock I've been able to stably get is 2075 Mhz core (+75 overclock on FTW edition 1070) and when the card gets hot (65+ C) in games it can drop to 2050 core. Does this mean water cooling would pretty much only give me the extra +25 core speed since extra voltage doesn't do much for these cards? If I try +100 overclock to get 2100 core, the game or benchmark will crash and I suspect better cooling wont do much. My card's temperature is usually around...
The other thing to consider is Nvidia always abandons driver optimizations for their older cards to encourage people to buy new cards. Remember the 960 actually beat out the 780 Ti in a number of games due to poor driver support. Is the Palit Gamerock a good overclocker and clocked high already? You could just get a better 1070 card or save up more money until the 1080 Ti comes out, although that card could run $1000 ;p.
1070 stock is already semi-stabilized, the price was never $379 that was just Nvidia blowing smoke up everyone's ass to make it look like the 1070 price wasn't significantly increased over the 970. The real MSRP is around $420 which is the lowest price you'll likely see from AIBs using a base model card that might even be equipped with a crappy blower. I'm sure there will be some $10-20 rebates to get the price down to around $400, but don't expect anything below that...
Upping the power limit doesn't seem to help much compared to locked 1070s. EVGA FTW 1070s can all do 120% on the second bios, yet the overclocking has never reached 2.3 Ghz from any of the posts at EVGA forums or elsewhere. Most people are still stuck at around 2.075-2.15 Ghz even at 120%. At 120% and max voltage my card isn't even stable at 2.1 ghz, the memory can overclock by +650 at least.I dunno if the results would change much on water cooling since the voltage is...
Perfectly fine if you overclock your 3570 to 4.4+ ghz.
Is the high bandwidth bridge just for handling higher resolutions or does it allow more efficient scaling with Pascal? After doing 970 SLI, I sincerely doubt I'll ever do SLI again due to the vast majority of games having poor/unimpressive scaling or not even having SLI support, especially when the game launches... It doesn't help that DX12 games have to be specifically coded for SLI instead of enabling it at the driver level, ie, might be even fewer games supporting SLI...
Is there much point to water cooling these cards, especially if you get an after market card with a better/quieter cooler? Seems like the extra voltage doesn't really do much for the 1070s. Of course if I do that, I'll have a full custom loop with two radiators only for my CPU, while now it is cooling CPU and 2 video cards... Is there anyone else like me potentially going from 970 SLI to a single 1070? Don't really want to spend the amount the 1080 costs and selling...
I have an X-star and now it wont turn on anymore. Anything I can do to fix the problem cheaply or is it a lost cause?