Posts by jrcbandit

I really like mine, the automatic fan control based on water temperature is fantastic. I no longer have to hear my fans. I would like it there was a default selection after boot up. I'd like it to automatically show the channel I have my flow sensor on.
At 2560x1440 I was getting 270+ fps in SLI. I'll have to check what level of PhysX , now I'm running ultra with adaptive Vsync for 100 Hz (overclockedKorean monitor with Samsung panel).I think I'll try DSR but unfortunately it is limited to 60 Hz for my monitor.Also, make sure your card isn't set to power saving mode and that physX is set to video card and not CPU.
They aren't bad, just that the coolers are noisier and not as good at cooling for the same price, and the VRM potentially more limiting. The FTW edition doesn't have these issues but is more expensive. At $349, the MSI Gaming is a better value.I got the blower based EVGA cards to watercool and they work great with 670gtx water blocks. No audible coil whine when the case is closed.
I was disappointed in my max temperatures, but I have never run SLI before and could need more radiators or larger ones since I am overclocking my processor which required alot of extra voltage for a decent overclock. My max temperature using the EK blocks was 49 C using XSPC EX360 and RX120 radiators. Another aspect of my temperatures is that I never run at max fan speeds - I have my setup hooked up to a fan controller that runs the fans based on the delta temperature...
Here is mine in SLI at +165 core, +500 memory:
Not really. My 2nd 970 was not able to do +150 core +500 memory only +150 core +125 memory or if I added more memory then I couldn't go as high with the core.I put the 2nd card in SLI and under water and both cards are doing +175 core +500 memory just fine. So with the poor overclocking performance of my 2nd card, I dunno if SLI is just less demanding for it to work or if water cooling + rear plate cooling of memory helped it past the initial limitations.
Thanks for the advice, I'll have to check my bios as well as stress test CPU/memory. The memory did pass the SuperPi test.Another possibility is that my CPU might not like the reduced flow rate in my loop after adding 2 970s in a ghetto manner. I bought a new EK SLI water bridge that should restore the flow rate.
I'm using 344.16.One of the errors wasn't in the event log, was a Whea Uncorrectable Error. The 2nd one was in the log but I haven't exactly figured out what means yet. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e
Could Nvidia drivers cause system instability? My processor and memory are overclocked but were 100% stable with my AMD 290x. I reinstalled Windows 8.1 and it crashed once when idle and once during hard drive access, never during graphic card benchmarking/stressing of my 970s. I think I'm going to try uninstalling the Intel management and matrix stuff because I think they gave me an issue awhile back too.