Posts by jrcbandit

I flashed the FTW3 bios to my EVGA FE card and it went just fine. I am manually running that .bat file to change power draw and I'll put it in task or something soon to make it automatic. But before I bother with that, I am having weird issues with power draw. On boot (and after running the bat file), benchmarks and games wont go above 100% power draw. I have to manually change Afterburner to some setting other than max (which is 127%) and then put it back to 127%...
I sort of finished a Luxe Tempered Glass build and have a few questions. So is the PWM fan controller taking 3 pin non PWM fans and turning them into PWM fans via the controller, but since it goes to only a single pin on the motherboard, you can only see a single RPM? My motherboard (Z87 Asrock) seems weird with its PWM control, instead of CPU temp it seems to vary fan speed based off changes in motherboard temp or some similar sensor (it only works when I select a...
Lol, come back in May when it is released.... The cooler is a complete unknown because the prior iCX coolers were 2 fan, not 3.
How are you temps so low, are you playing less demanding games or have cold ambient temperature? Watch Dogs 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda go up to 52-53ish C for me, but I am also overclocking the memory to +500 if that causes more heat. I also have a very poor core clock overclocker. I can only go to 2025 Mhz core/+120, any higher than that and it crashes in games even after adding the hybrid cooler ;p. In fact, I dunno if I can maintain the +120, I have to play ME:...
Is there any reason to get this when I have a hybrid kit for the 1080 I can adapt?Any suggestions for installing the 1080 hybrid kit for the Ti? Should I be cutting the 1080 hybrid kit backplate to make it work with the Ti or do you use the Ti backplate and just install the waterblock portion? I guess it depends on how the Nvidia cooler disassembles with its fan location. Can the 1080 hybrid shroud be put back on with the Hybrid LED in white?
What kind of numbers can you expect on air? I think I got a dud overclocker, it only does +125 Mhz core and +550 memory. The boost is around to 1900 or so for the core, but I haven't tried running the fans at a constant 70-100% or anything else to see if it goes higher. If my card is that anemic, I dunno if it isn't worth bothering with a hybrid kit once they are finally released. Well it depends on what I do with my 1080 - I could sell it with the hybrid kit...
No slack. When I initially stress tested it, there was slack/gap and temps shot up to 100 C. But remounting it, now there is no slack and temps are in the 85-90 range, but they should be closer to 70 C when stress testing an overclock or perhaps lower. I'll have to give it a shake to see, but it looks like either RMA or try a different cooler. Wish I had done this within 30 days of purchase so I could just return it.
The pump is running full speed at 2910 rpm and I have no idea about air bubbles, but the water temperature will go from 30-31 idle to 35 C under load. That is the main problem - I have no idea if the H100i is defective and needs an RMA or if it just the mounting system and I need a different AIO cooler with better mounting. I wish I could just return it, but I never stressed it when I first got it. Instead, I just recently looked into it because I noticed gaming that...
I kept have to replace my D5 pump because after a few months (or 1.5 years in previous case) it would start to have massive amounts of vibrations that would drive me crazy. I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I got rid of my custom loop. Now, I've tried a Corsair H100i V2 and I'm getting horrible temps under load even when not overclocked. When not overclocked Intel XTU would go up to 75 C, and when overclocked I get temperatures in the 85-90 C range under load with...
So I have 30 days left on a potential EVGA Step-up, I'm currently running a 1070 GTX FTW edition and was thinking about stepping up to the 1080 GTX Gaming ACX 3.0 edition. Is it worth it? I decided to forgo SLI with my 1070 FTW since most EVGA 1070 FTW now come with Micron memory instead of Samsung memory found in the launch units (Micron on 1070s are either crappy overclockers or have voltage bug that still hasn't been fixed in firmware). Also, SLI doesn't look very...