Posts by Ceadderman

Put another port on the opposite end an I might just get one of those. Would be awesome with the spiraled cores too. ~Ceadder
C'mon guys it's not that bad really when you think about the fact that you can play Co-Op with your friends. Which imho(not knowing all the facts about the game as of yet) is why they have a $30 Season pass. $30 is a small price to pay for those of you who game with other people and that comes out to be $2.50 a month. How can THAT be a bad thing? I agree launching DLC at the same time is a bit sketchy, but for Co-Op and a small service charge to keep the server up? That's...
Still haven't even got/played FC3. Have the first two, and the 2nd one did have that cool weapons DLC that I got from Steam. The Crossbow was a welcome piece of gear that I think is pretty much the best weapon since it NEVER fouled any time I've used it. Only time I get DLC is when Steam has a sale. So in a nutshell? I'm all over this when they put it on sale. Which will be a year or so from launch day. ~Ceadder
How did you work that with your HDD array? Did you connect your array via MB I/O or through the MB? I think I know how to mount mine to the surface(underneath) of my desk but with my FT on top of it, that would be a heck of a length of SATA cable and I've got SATA 6 so I'm not even sure I can get the correct cables of that kind of length. Sweet job for first WC'ing rig. Good knowledge. Thanks for passing that along. ~Ceadder
Well I look at it like this when looking at CPU blocks...If I'm gonna spend $80+ on a new CPU block the reasons are:BrokenAt least a 5 deg performance gainChanging color/look of my loopI have an RoG board and have the EK Supreme. It's an outstanding block. It fits my color scheme quite well although I would like one of the new Epogee blocks with the RoG logo. But if I am gonna spend that kind of change, it has to be worth it. Epogee is a solid block but the performance...
Sent PM. ~Ceadder
Lookin good LBH. 1. Pretty sure that would do the job.2. Should, but paired with the dual 180 I am not sure that it would be up to the task since I don't know the kind of restrictions you're working with. Others who do run DDC and a dual 180 should have better knowledge than me. Heck I run dual DDC for my lowly 360, CPU and MB blocks. 3. Yes DDC can be mounted in any position except upside down. ~Ceadder
@tp I am not too worried about reliability as I am in the last year of warranty on both my Drives and I'm really not interested in cooling them with a fan since my mod is gonna kibosh alot of the airflow going to the 5.25 bay. I do intend to go with a mini ITX setup to build my own NAS box but that's a future project and my drives will need to be cooled better than at ambient temp. Especially in the Summers. If I had something hold them inside a flow path(HDD cage is gone...
Actually, I do plan on WC'ing my HDDs' as well. Just makes sense for my build because the HDD cage is coming out and the RAID is moving into the bottom of the 5.25 Bay. I'm considering the Koolance dual HDD system or the Watercool SILENT star Dual setup. More likely the WC unit so I can keep everything at one end and I won't have to mix anything to insulate the spindle and boards and block the power/data ports. My lower two 5.25 bays are open so it would be the best idea...
I too have space concerns to deal with. So my Res is getting mounted further out from the pumps. Pumps up front, Res in the back. Still before the Pump Units though. Should work just fine. When I had my first WC'ing kit(AIO) I intentionally borked the stock fan and removed the supports and fan from it to create a shroud. Worked like a charm. Because I did that prior to installation, I couldn't tell you the before and after but I think that it worked reasonably well....