Posts by Ceadderman

I'm just happy we could get past the issue with zero iBruce affecting fallout. Changes have been made and no sticks were harmed in any way by Shoggy or iBro. ~Ceadder
Was just contacted about RMA and while they will send the parts they want to send me an invoice for the Fitting(don't know if it's bad but I can't trust that it's not at this point) the ZMT tubing and a QDC that I didn't request. What are they doing over there? I'm a long time EK owner. I look for EK first and foremost whenever possible, which is quite a bit. So when my client asked me to recommend a cooler worthy of his i7-4790k and not wishing to delid his CPU if he...
That's not true, they don't stop supporting boards after launching the next generation. Case in point...Crosshair IV Formula they were still supplying BIOS updates to allow FX chips to work on it after Crosshair V Formula had been out for 6mos. Some boards simply don't need updates as those updates have run their course. And should you truly need an update they haven't thought of they will do it upon asking. Might take a bit but they will follow up on requests.~Ceaddee
No not necessarily. My OS borked during installation. I deleted it and it didn't wipe the MBR. I got the warning and like you was worried I'd mess something up on my 750. So I held out and contacted Samsung and they told me that it was okay to wipe the MBR partition.I did that and everything was fine afterward.Just cannot reinstall the OS without removing the MBR. The MBR partition will protect itself in the event you attempt a reinstallation.Geez this was to be quixk but...
Could be that your OS is fighting with the Magician program for whatever reason. As for reinstallation simply delete the OS and the MBR. You shouldn't be able to reinstall the OS since I can speak from experience that my 750 EVO wouldn't allow me to install the OS without removing the MBR since the Master Boot Record is a partioned program on the drive and attempting it could mess up a working OS. Basically you must delete the partition and the drive will give you the...
Knowing that iBro indeed has several of these controllers, I have a hard time reconciling the chicken little mentality he was accused of. It simply doesn't check with me that he would do something along these lines and not understand the issue before doing so. Aqueros are indeed awesome. It could simply be the AC site is reacting due to GiGo programming. However, that doesn't check either, considering how advanced those AC contollers are. ~Ceadder
Thought about using MDF instead? It's cheaper and cam be purchased locally. ~Ceadder
Starting to be glad I hadn't the funds to purchase Aquero. A 1 time (per year) fee is pretty abusive of AC's consumer base. ~Ceadder
Yup, that was the article that I never read. I can only see the IRS messing with companies that take BitCoin as a form of payment. I could be wrong but the reason I feel this way is because we pay tax (via utility tax) on the power usage from our miners. Now of course should we cash out our BC then that too is taxable but that number can't really be accounted for unless the buyer(s) pay a trackable payment to the seller. Which they likely do, but even then it's difficult...
Yes that is indeed how low FPI and high FPI work. My Black Ice Stealth had a final density of 20+ FPI and the only way to keep it efficiently running while near silent during the winter months was to swap in low speed variants of the Yate Loon fans I was using. YLs' are the best cheap(~$5ea) fans that I have used on Radiators. Rather have GTs but YLs work well. A lot of things have all kinds if doodads that can get lost. I try to leave the extrees in their boxes....