Posts by Ceadderman

Give Asus a call and see if they will repair the choke and see how much they want to do so. It IS an RoG board so they may cut you some slack and just repair it for the cost of shipping and labor. I doubt a single choke is all that expensive for them to replace unless you live outside their area. My nearest ASUS repair station is in Hayward,CA. Not sure where you are located but it's worth the look imho.Not yet having Vishera in my board I am only gonna speak to the NB...
Hey guys. Long time no see. I am FINALLY back where my system is. My Ma had her system go down and my brother in his infinite wisdom upgraded his system and bestowed the internals into her new 922 case to get out of that Thermelcrate PoC that she was in with her last system. Trouble is I let him use my 1100T and have a spare 1055T but I'm considering upgrading to Vishera... Now that being said I want the BIGGEST BADDEST 125w Vishera my money can buy and want to know what...
I never seem to be able to get one of these. ~Ceadder
If you haven't given up on the CIVF, I would suggest contacting their Motherboard Division and see if they can't build you a custom bios to get you to our desktop. It might just be that the GPU is too new and that your Bios is out of date for the Card. Personally I wouldn't think that the 570 would be that new but maybe it is and it doesn't play well with the CIVF for that reason.So I would see about looking up their contact # and giving someone a call. Cause my 6870's...
Hey lofat which Res is that? Send me the details if you would. ~Ceadder
How do you figure?If game Developers won't sell Licenses to Valve to include in their library, that limits what is available don't it?Also they don't really have a traditional OS and that's gonna change fairly soon with the move to Steam machines. You will still be able to download and use the traditional Steam console if you don't own a Steam machine so I'm lost as to your thought process here. What kind of choice are you wanting here? ~Ceadder
Yeah pretty much it is due to Steam's success. EA got jealous of Steam(simplistician's law) and decided to bad mouth Steam because they weren't happy with simply selling bulk deals to Valve and feeling left out on the profits. Nevermond they're making quite a lot of money in the process. Ubisoft went through MS but still sells to Valve and they enjoy a profit no matter whom it's through. Now because of games like the AC franchise(UbiCanada) M$ sees that they can carve a...
They'll be pushing their app store of course. They've seen the financials of Steam and they want to cash in on the market. I got no problem with that except that they will be hard pressed to turn out the same kind of numbers because Steam does something that they simply won't...Offer GREAT deals. Microsoft will limit access and they will strangle every last buck they can out of a title before it sees a discount asking price. Which will likely to never happen. ~Ceadder
I find it hilarious when people blame the CPU for something that isn't even the fault of the CPU. Such as slow paging times on the Net. Unless you have a T100 line and are running a single core Pentium the CPU typically has NOTHING to do with stalls and slow paging times. Not even Intel can solve that in their architecture. ~Ceadder
As much as I like the idea of HyperThreading, it's not worth the extra $800. Don't get me wrong if I had the $1000 to chuck into a CPU without night terrors as a result after purchase, I would do it for the e-peen. But c'mon you really believe HT is worth the extra $ for this CPU versus the AMD 8 core CPU? I doubt it and maybe somewhere along the line I missed the sarcasm. ~Ceadder