Posts by Ceadderman

I understand rathar. I didn't have a job that would put a felony on my record, but I worked in Auto Parts for a few years. The last store I worked at I transferred to from California. Turns out they had a guy(or three) who was stealing from them out the back door. It did cost me my job because they thought the guy from California was the one with sticky fingers. We're talking Alternators, Starters etc. all for Muscle Cars. They simply used the excuse that I was always...
How would you hit the socket/bracket? That sorta makes no sense my friend. Considering we don't delid while sitting in the socket. Color me confused. ~Ceadder
Wonder if anyone is going to attempt a delid of Ryzen 7? ~Ceadder
Just received my 480 block and 360 SE Radiator. Cannot put into words how smexy these parts are. I am extatic that the block comes with a single plate replacement for the stock card. ~Ceadder
First off, this system you are looking to build is your baby. In the end our input doesn't really matter so long as you're satisfied with the end result. Now if you were a client of mine I would suggest getting what you can afford and take the savings and put it to a higher end GPU/RAM/PSU, depending on the difference in price from one to the other. But I always ask, "what do you do with your computer and what would you like to do in the future" to determine what CPU and...
^ Agreed. ~Ceadder
It's written into Micro$hafts code. If nothing you have in that system is budget then don't sweat it. Hit no and chuckle. Aero is also CPU dependent which is why you will continue to see it. ~Ceadder
I have a 932. It's not a full window but I could stuff a 360 in it without issues and and see most everything inside it. If I want I can run w/o the door and will see everything. They are even still on the market so long after their release. I like mine so much am in the process of modding it. It's completely dismantled atm, and I bought a used one for $50 so I can have my system back while modding the original. No glass window. But I am okay with that because I have a...
Meh, AMD will stick to the budget model. But that doesn't mean they can't dabble in the Enthusiast/workstation market. They surely will continue to do that too if R7 is a smashing success. We'll see after quarterly reports have come in. Only wish I had had a spare Benji to drop on their stock when it was between 1 an 2 bucks a share. ~Ceadder
I got 1800x so no flamage... But quads aren't dead, otherwise AMD wouldn't be following up with a quad and 6 core CPU at all. I don't do 3D cad. I don't do video editing or rendering. I got 1800x for basically one reason. Because I could and I wanted their best CPU. If I want to render or use it for 3D modeling I can. People can say whatever they want, but I like having the overhead available to do things that I haven't done before for half the price of Intel's best CPU...