Posts by Ceadderman

You don't have to do power assist. Simply let the block set in your sink and refill the unit so gravity works to refill the unit. Let it sit upright so the coolant settles with the cap removed for a bit aND only pick the block out of the dink and set the block back down to work any trapped air out of the lines. Then when you're satisfied that all the air is up in the top of the Radiator, simply top it off and reinstall the cap. ~Ceadder
~Ceadder
Wow, seriously. You are simply clueless as to what I do or don't get. You aren't here and cannot see with your own eyes, so you don't believe. Whatever. nVidia DID stop. That's what I was saying. Everybody knows that. So what if they did a single update. There was a rather large gap in their support wasn't there? Yes indeedy, there was. Now off with you I am done with your nonsense. I am no fanboy, but all you wish to do is inspire venom. I don't have a problem with...
Try Ektotherm. I used some of that for a client build when I replaced Predator 240 with my standby 212+ cooler. CoolerMaster's paste just cannot compare. There are better pastes but I used Ektotherm on his i7 4790k and I'm sure you'll like ithis and may have better success with a better TIM. Another I would suggest is Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut or Kryonaut. Those are good too. But kind of cost preventative until youvery seen whether changing TIM is worthwhile or changing...
Say what? nVidia did stop supporting Kepler. How is that me spreading BS Just stop, seriously. Yeah AMD recently (last year) stopped driver updates as well but I've still been getting them. Likely due to falling back (actually advanced) to my 5770 and not being connected to the Web daily. I don't see that as BS, I see it as forming an opinion based on experience. Gotta love how you cherry picked a single sentence out of what I posted to have an argument to rebut. Just...
My issue was not with your stance. I just don't understand where the idea that watercooling and multi GPU is dead even at the desktop level. Neither are. And as you stated, things are sparking up lately. And I agree with you, that not all anniversary product is put out to overcharge the consumer. Cosmos II in fact ran pretty close to the aniversary price when it was first released. Tempered glass is not a cheap option. And yes the case is marked up over the initial release...
And based on your experience I would go with the runt over the big dog if I weren't into custom loop cooling. Other than CPU however is a non sequitur for me. I like custom cooling my boards and b350 has no option for that. So I will be going CVIHero. I have CPU blocks, but like the relative silence of a full loop.Right now I am gaming on my Dell XPS with a 5770 and it irritates me to no end hearing the fan at 100% during the warmest time of the year. What makes matters...
I fully advise anyone with a mechanical device to check any point which could fail. Doesn't matter if it's water cooling or otherwise. Makes no sense to simply trust that a part will work right out of the box. I've saved myself a lot of potential headaches by taking this stance over the years. Also it gets my mechanical brain acclimated to the part in this regard. ~~Ceadder
I don't get that first comment that you replied to, epic. The need for high end water cooling isn't based on necessity. Never has been. It's personal choice. If Infinity Fabric is real, then yes SLi/xFire would be effectively dead. But it's still around until the manufacturers choose to stop supporting it. I like high end watercooling. I can cobble together a custom loop and stick with it throughout my system lifespans with little expenses like tubing and coolant changes...
Dunno why I still get them, but if that be the case it's good to know.My only cause is truth, not trying to prove anything. Thanks much.Fanboy? Ummmm only for expense. If nVidia were putting out reasonably priced cards, I would likely use theirs if it were better than what AMD has in the same price range.That and I really despise their business tactic model. I have owned a few "green" GPU in the past. I remember when they were up an comers and going up against the likes of...