Posts by Dhalmel

The panel is made by samsung, and it probably is the same it just lacks the quantum dot back lighting
Yeah when I noticed I didn't get a call today and I checked out their site. I had a good chuckle at the change with the promo conditions and just to test it out none of the eligible items adds anything to the cart.So it's hard to say what exactly went wrong, either the store and promo management had different information regarding the codes,or the site just borked up everything and they had to get a work around done.Either way my display shipped at the 11th so we'll see...
It's a custom unux system based on FreeBSD It's actually credited in the "open source" licensing page in the settings page
pretty much a black area that becomes so black the surrounding area that's not black will lose detail
That's great to hear, so hopefully they will email the codes to those who were eligible including those who've yet to call
I've been playing it with TF2 and Overwatch.It's great, it's nice to have a "stock" 144hz panel that's not TN and on a extremely easy res to run at those frames
I just got a call back, the CS rep said that they've notified upper management on the problem about this and are waiting for a resolution on the matter. She believe that they will probably have the Promo code emailed to me. I mentioned "a few friends on a hardware forum have reported this problem also so I'm not alone"I was told to I should get another call within 3 days on the matter.
I'm still waiting for a call "within 48 hour" if I hear nothing from them I'll be calling again on Friday.
Just be sure to mention that the promotion isn't "out of stock" because buying one of the SSDs will get you a key. This is what the first CS rep told me till I asked for a supervisor. it's a website bug as only the new monitors has this problem. my best guess is because the monitor is new and there some database error. They will probably have to do a call back on the matter as they are "investigating"
I had this impression too when I called them to ask why I didn't get my Watch Dogs key, the first CS rep claimed they were out of keys till I pointed out that all of their SSD products that are eligible adds the key just not their monitors. It's clearly a bug with the website as the place stalls and hangs so much it's annoying.I can't even get the monitor registered because it claims the serial number is invalidAs for my actual monitor, mine has none of the problems I've...